Kicked Out of Hotel Today

joe234234

Thank you in advance for reading this.

I have been staying at a great hotel for about 3 weeks. Great times, many friends here, etc. Really like the place.

The owner is out of town now, and his wife is running the place. She is a real <deleted>, if you know what i mean. Likes to be the boss, tell everyone what to do all the time, etc. I'm always polite when talking to her, but she constantly complains about everything. Seriously. Let's just say she doesn't like me very much.

So today I'm sitting in the common area, she comes up to me and says that I need to leave. Right NOW. I was like, what? She said, "you have 10 minutes to pack your things".

Now at this time I still have another week booked at this place. But I didn't want any problems, so I just left. Took the refund and left.

My question is this:

Is this legal? Can a hotel kick you out for any reason they want?

So I can book a new online booking. When I go to check in, and they say that I can't, how do I proceed? File a Police Report? Call booking.com?

Thank you for your help and advice.

Sincerely,

A fellow BKK traveller

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure you can do anything. Its clear you have somehow wound her up the wrong way, either she has taken offense to something (rightly or wrongly) or you have little self awareness and you are annoying all other guests.

I don't quite understand why you would even want to try and book again and stay there, what possible good other than confrontation can come of it? If she is a real wrongun going to the police will only end up with you in trouble. She could accuse you of drugs, LM etc etc. Simply not worth it.

Your mates can come see you down the road in another hotel.

you start with very special threats!

I am always surprised how many new members or posters which have almost zero posts but they always have very special stories to tell.

And as others told… why you want go back same hotel? The only things maybe wait her husband is back and then ask what's wrong but even this hmmmm

33 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

As a hotel is private property don't you think that owner can choose who stays there?  Nothing to do with the police if you were refunded.

Why would you even consider re-booking in a place that didn't want you, just want to mess them around? 

The reason is 1. This is the only cheap hotel in this area. 2. The beds are fantastic. Everything about this place is great. 3. So many friends staying here right now, and the next cheap place in my price range is far. This place has a monopoly in this area. 

Even if it is private property, if I make a booking online, they can refuse to check me in? 

33 minutes ago, poohy said:

Hmm very strange!

Well , If its purely unprovoked i would not want to go back and would notify booking .com and the owner .

You have your refund spend it elsewhere

yes, notified booking. 

31 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Not sure you can do anything. Its clear you have somehow wound her up the wrong way, either she has taken offense to something (rightly or wrongly) or you have little self awareness and you are annoying all other guests.

I don't quite understand why you would even want to try and book again and stay there, what possible good other than confrontation can come of it? If she is a real wrongun going to the police will only end up with you in trouble. She could accuse you of drugs, LM etc etc. Simply not worth it.

Your mates can come see you down the road in another hotel.

I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests". I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans. I agree the police would probably make it worse. The police usually (if not always) take the side of thai people. 

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell us what you did wrong, even what you may have done wrong if pissed...:stoner:

Thai folk do not like giving money back..

The "reason" was that I plugged in my laptop!! This lady is nuts man. Every time I plug in my laptop to work, and I get up, she unplugs it. Have many other people using laptops too. So she said I can't plug in anymore. So I told her that I will continue to plug in my laptop. And......out the door. 

Thanks for all the replys btw.

My real question is this:

When I go to check in tomorrow, and hand them my booking.com confirmation paper, what they can do? cancel it? not let me check in? 

then what can i do? call booking.com?

2 minutes ago, joe234234 said:

The reason is 1. This is the only cheap hotel in this area. 2. The beds are fantastic. Everything about this place is great. 3. So many friends staying here right now, and the next cheap place in my price range is far. This place has a monopoly in this area. 

Even if it is private property, if I make a booking online, they can refuse to check me in? 

yes, notified booking. 

I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests". I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans. I agree the police would probably make it worse. The police usually (if not always) take the side of thai people. 

The "reason" was that I plugged in my laptop!! This lady is nuts man. 

so, you plugged the laptop in the common area?

I once had hotel that didnt like this either.

went to the same power source the next day and they had disconnect the power.

usually this is a low class Isaan thinking that the farang just want free power.

anyway that one stingyness did cost them an easy 12k a month for a long stay tennant.

cant help stupid

1 minute ago, joe234234 said:

When I go to check in tomorrow, and hand them my booking.com confirmation paper, what they can do? cancel it? not let me check in? 

imo, if you want to stay safe, get out of there asap

oh, and try not to annoy your next hosts :whistling:

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell us what you did wrong, even what you may have done wrong if pissed...:stoner:

Thai folk do not like giving money back..

Trans, he should post a photo what he looked like at the time of the incident. The way he's talking about her doesn't sound right, the B I.....and yes, she's the boos when her husband is gone. 

35 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Great thing nowadays is that you can leave feedback in many online booking sites and ding their reputation if you choose to do so.

Personally, if I was just kicked out of a hotel without any provocation, I would do just that.

Never happened to me, though. 

Probably didn't happen to him either.

32 minutes ago, joe234234 said:

I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests". I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans. 

The "reason" was that I plugged in my laptop!! This lady is nuts man. Every time I plug in my laptop to work, and I get up, she unplugs it. Have many other people using laptops too. So she said I can't plug in anymore. So I told her that I will continue to plug in my laptop. And......out the door. 

"I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests".

Why would your talking to others be classed as "annoying the guests"?  Do you annoy just by opening your mouth?

"I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans".

There you go.

"Every time I plug in my laptop to work, and I get up, she unplugs it. Have many other people using laptops too. So she said I can't plug in anymore. So I told her that I will continue to plug in my laptop".

There you go again.  You were clearly doing it to antagonize her, good for her kicking you out, I wouldn't want an awkward, confrontational guest staying in my place either.

36 minutes ago, joe234234 said:

Yes, of course they can cancel it, booking .com does not own the hotel.  The woman who threw you out for annoying, deliberately confrontational behavior is in charge.

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, of course they can cancel it, booking .com does not own the hotel.  The woman who threw you out for annoying, deliberately confrontational behavior is in charge.

nice. time to buy the property 

28 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests".

Why would your talking to others be classed as "annoying the guests"?  Do you annoy just by opening your mouth?

"I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans".

There you go.

"Every time I plug in my laptop to work, and I get up, she unplugs it. Have many other people using laptops too. So she said I can't plug in anymore. So I told her that I will continue to plug in my laptop".

There you go again.  You were clearly doing it to antagonize her, good for her kicking you out, I wouldn't want an awkward, confrontational guest staying in my place either.

I was thinking the same thing, plus, the fact that he wants to go back with an online reservation, the day after he's been kicked out by the boss' wife, is beyond me. Seriously? If she asked him to leave, it's because she didn't want him there, how clear can she possibly be? So he's hoping to somehow stay there against her will...unbelievable. How is that not looking for trouble, literally?

1 hour ago, joe234234 said:

yes, notified booking. 

You are not allowed to work, you need a work permit.

1 hour ago, joe234234 said:

They can call the police and tell them that you are working 

The OP talks it's the only place he can afford in this area.
This let me think how cheap this hotel is?
Because I always was thinking there are so many cheap hotels in Thailand.

But of course cheap for different people mean different prices. If he would give further Infos about the price and maybe area someone could help find something different.

But yes if you plug in your stuff in the common area some people not like this. And when the Owner is telling you to not do then you should listen to them. It's the common area. There are even hotels which switch off the power of your room, when you leave it to safe some money...

This is a BS story. Cheap and great beds and then so many friends staying there now. If that was case the hotelier would be foolish to kick you out for fear of losing other customers (friends) are you sure thry are your friends as i'd be piiiisssed if a friend had this happen to them like you say. Nothing makes sense here this is fake.

Please re-book online and tell us what happens when you show up again, post photos too, maybe even a link to a video, don’t forget your red plastic nose, over-size shoes and funny car with wobbly wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived