Kicked Out of Hotel Today

joe234234

Just now, lemonjelly said:

Please re-book online and tell us what happens when you show up again, post photos too, maybe even a link to a video, don’t forget your red plastic nose, over-size shoes and funny car with wobbly wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

He might not even have to change anything.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, there are some peculiar hoteliers around and it wouldn't be the first time a guest is prevented from simply using amenities that he is paying for.  Guests are generally only ejected when they do something very bad like cause damage or do something illegal on the premises.  So, I too wonder if we are hearing the whole story.

This chaps belief that he had a load of friends at the place he was staying is the clue I think. Come on we've all had a few overly friendly types cross our paths. Facebook requests from people who found you through knowing the same people, that you met for 5 minutes crap like that. I had a guy once knock my hotel room door and asked if he could hang out and have a beer in hua hin. I had said hello to him and spoke to him for max 30 seconds whilst passing to get to my room. 

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Please re-book online and tell us what happens when you show up again, post photos too, maybe even a link to a video, don’t forget your red plastic nose, over-size shoes and funny car with wobbly wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And a link to the gofundme page to pay for his face reconstruction!!

18 hours ago, joe234234 said:

I was like, what?

That was my feeling when I read another thread you started.

I have a feeling the owner of the hotel and the other guests came to the conclusion that they were being selfish keeping you all to themselves for three weeks and wanted you to spread joy somewhere else for awhile.

To the OP, as said already by many posters, move on, enjoy life.

But I do wonder why she took a dislike to you, after all, no business wants to refund it's revenue.

Are you being totally honest about the circumstances?

If the reason you got thrown is really about plugging in your laptop then she’s unfair and a bit nuts. BUT wanting to go back with an online booking.....that makes you more nuts than her. Like others I’m inclined to believe that you’re not as innocent as you say you are.

in the days that I used to travel to Bangkok before  I lived here I used to stay in the same hotel and booked direct. They knew the room I liked and always got that room or another rather than twin. One day I turned up and was told my booking had been cancelled. We were no longer welcome at the hotel. Apparently I had been very rude to one of the reception staff. In reality I had never ever had any kind of disagreement with anyone at the hotel. Never found out the real reason, didn’t really care and moved to another hotel

19 hours ago, joe234234 said:

Thanks for all the replys btw.

My real question is this:

When I go to check in tomorrow, and hand them my booking.com confirmation paper, what they can do? cancel it? not let me check in? 

then what can i do? call booking.com?

Let me tell you the deal as my GF is a guesthouse owner. Although she gets many guests from booking.com She has to put up with 70% cancel/no shows due to their no deposit scheme. She is forced to overbook and turn people away to keep  business full.

Guests that stay weeks at a time are much less work 95% of the time. This guy was a pain in the ass because you never want to refund money nor get a 1.0 review. Much prefer AIRBNB, they collect deposits, pay timely and provide reviews of guests from hosts that have served them previously. If somebody shows their ass they most likely do it all the time. The fact the O.P. even posted this tale shows signs he's not worth putting up with, buy a tent buddy!

The only complaint I have had from a hotel I stayed at was a few years back

in Patong. I was staying there for six months. The owner of the hotel (a lovely lady)

told me she noticed I only occasionally brought a lady friend home to spend the night.

She said I should do more to support the girls and the local economy by bringing

more "friends" back to the hotel. She wasn't upset or anything. She just wanted me to

have a good time and help the ladies and that doing so was encouraged. 

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

This chaps belief that he had a load of friends at the place he was staying is the clue I think. Come on we've all had a few overly friendly types cross our paths. Facebook requests from people who found you through knowing the same people, that you met for 5 minutes crap like that. I had a guy once knock my hotel room door and asked if he could hang out and have a beer in hua hin. I had said hello to him and spoke to him for max 30 seconds whilst passing to get to my room. 

This chaps belief that he had a load of friends at the place he was staying is the clue I think. 

Definition of 'load of friends':

Perhaps this is other guests the OP has never seen before, said hello to twice in the lobby, doesn't know their names or anything else about them, doesn't know if they are honest, sincere, reliable etc., what activities they engage in and never will, and within another 24 hours half of his 'friends' have moved on never to be seen again.

But 2 new friends checked in today, yet to say a fleeting hello, probably also gone within 1 or 2 days.

Sad...

From the side of the hospitality industry, some people are a real pain in the a##

I've noticed people enter some restaurants and guest houses, and plug their phones without asking ( no, not regular guests )

It does seem incredibly rude to me, but those people seem to think that it's normal.

Since you made the booking I’m sure already you should just go for it!  Why reach out to everyone when many are against you. The owners wife might not even be there every minute of the day so you could immediately take off your underwear and plug in your computer in the lobby/ common area and high five all your buddies who will be so excited to see yah!!  Please do a follow up here so we know you are safe and sound.  You already got a refund from your first stay and who is this b*#%!  trying to push you around!  There is absolutely NOTHING to loose. 

33 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Let me tell you the deal as my GF is a guesthouse owner. Although she gets many guests from booking.com She has to put up with 70% cancel/no shows due to their no deposit scheme. She is forced to overbook and turn people away to keep  business full.

Guests that stay weeks at a time are much less work 95% of the time. This guy was a pain in the ass because you never want to refund money nor get a 1.0 review. Much prefer AIRBNB, they collect deposits, pay timely and provide reviews of guests from hosts that have served them previously. If somebody shows their ass they most likely do it all the time. The fact the O.P. even posted this tale shows signs he's not worth putting up with, buy a tent buddy!

Your wife deliberately overbooks the vacancies at her guesthouse and then turns away people who have pre-booked their reservations.

This means that someone turns up with their luggage and they are told that despite booking through the correct channels they are out on the street.

What a pleasant way to run a business while simultaneously messing up someone's holiday.

Care to share the name of your wife's guesthouse so that other members of Thai Visa will know where not to book in future.

Archived