Kicked Out of Hotel Today

joe234234

You just march right up there with your Booking.com res. in your hand and demand your rights, and tell her you want a decent room and no backchat from the staff this time otherwise you'll tell your mum.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

Your wife deliberately overbooks the vacancies at her guesthouse and then turns away people who have pre-booked their reservations.

This means that someone turns up with their luggage and they are told that despite booking through the correct channels they are out on the street.

What a pleasant way to run a business while simultaneously messing up someone's holiday.

Care to share the name of your wife's guesthouse so that other members of Thai Visa will know where not to book in future.

He's right, our failure rate of guests turning up is about 90% from booking.com so we have canceled them.  A lot of Scandinavians rent condos on the sea front here through booking and booking do nothing about customer complaints, the reception staff in the condo get the grief and it's not their job to sort out problems with rooms rented through booking.

1 minute ago, sandrabbit said:

He's right, our failure rate of guests turning up is about 90% from booking.com so we have canceled them.  A lot of Scandinavians rent condos on the sea front here through booking and booking do nothing about customer complaints, the reception staff in the condo get the grief and it's not their job to sort out problems with rooms rented through booking.

What have Scandinavians or your 'failure rate' (or indeed your post) got to do with the immoral and dishonest practice of over booking vacancies with scant regard for the innocent customer who turns up without a bed to sleep in?

1 minute ago, Annunaki said:

What have Scandinavians or your 'failure rate' (or indeed your post) got to do with the immoral and dishonest practice of over booking vacancies with scant regard for the innocent customer who turns up without a bed to sleep in?

Hold on a minute, and what about the not-so innocent customers who book a room and fail to show up ?

Obviously, if you don't pay in advance for your room, you can just hope without expecting anything.

3 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

because booking.com are rubbish, all this talk of posting complaints doesn't work and they basically get money for doing nothing. as jazzdog said airbnb are much better to deal with.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Hold on a minute, and what about the not-so innocent customers who book a room and fail to show up ?

Obviously, if you don't pay in advance for your room, you can just hope without expecting anything.

So let's punish those who have every intention of occupying the room that they have booked and received a confirmation for, what a crappy attitude that is.

Any hotel/guesthouse that deliberately overbooks with the knowledge that they may turn away real guests deserves to fail.

Best thing you can do, is to post the details about your experience on Trip Advisor, Booking.com, Agoda, their facebook page, or anyplace else you can find. Social media is very effective when it comes to getting the word out. And I would call them out by name, so we all know to avoid the place. The owner sounds like a real loser. Who wants to be around someone like that? I would have left long before you did, due to her antics. No guest deserves to be subjected to that kind of hospitality. Please let us know the name of the hotel. 

4 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

So let's punish those who have every intention of occupying the room that they have booked and received a confirmation for, what a crappy attitude that is.

Any hotel/guesthouse that deliberately overbooks with the knowledge that they may turn away real guests deserves to fail.

Indeed, who do they think they are, an airline!

3 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

It's just about using common sense, failing to use common sense, that's a crappy attitude :coffee1:

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

From the side of the hospitality industry, some people are a real pain in the a##

I've noticed people enter some restaurants and guest houses, and plug their phones without asking ( no, not regular guests )

It does seem incredibly rude to me, but those people seem to think that it's normal.

That's partly the I want and I will do whatever I want without any consideration, or even any thoughts about whether it's acceptable, polite, fair, right or wrong...

I want rules.

And nowadays you can readily see this in any country.

Lots of friends suggests 'partying' to me and maybe noise,  dope, music, and inapropriate behaviour.  The latter is indicated by your thick skinned, insensitivity regarding wanting to rebook. Get a Thai friend to find out the landladie's opinion of you and her reasoning behind her actions. Avoid upsetting people in the future. 

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

If the reason you got thrown is really about plugging in your laptop then she’s unfair and a bit nuts. BUT wanting to go back with an online booking.....that makes you more nuts than her. Like others I’m inclined to believe that you’re not as innocent as you say you are.

in the days that I used to travel to Bangkok before  I lived here I used to stay in the same hotel and booked direct. They knew the room I liked and always got that room or another rather than twin. One day I turned up and was told my booking had been cancelled. We were no longer welcome at the hotel. Apparently I had been very rude to one of the reception staff. In reality I had never ever had any kind of disagreement with anyone at the hotel. Never found out the real reason, didn’t really care and moved to another hotel

You do not need to have disagreements to piss people off, what about the way you dress, or your body language?

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Best thing you can do, is to post the details about your experience on Trip Advisor, Booking.com, Agoda, their facebook page, or anyplace else you can find. Social media is very effective when it comes to getting the word out. And I would call them out by name, so we all know to avoid the place. The owner sounds like a real loser. Who wants to be around someone like that? I would have left long before you did, due to her antics. No guest deserves to be subjected to that kind of hospitality. Please let us know the name of the hotel. 

But TA gives the right of reply which may expose the the reason and thus expose the probable bad behavior of this person.  His friends we're not thrown out. 

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You do not need to have disagreements to piss people off, what about the way you dress, or your body language?

Regardless, whatever the perceived slight, or for whatever reason they do not like you, or do not want to deal with you, you move on. There are hundreds of choices in Bangkok. That city is loaded with great hotels. I myself prescribe to the "that is not my issue" rule. If it is not my issue, I move on. I will not devote the time and effort into finding out what kinds of issues others have, when it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with them. Of course, if the poster is not being straight with us, and causes some problems, that is different. 

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yep, let's not say anything about the smell of some people .

I was sitting once, on a night bus, close to a drunk, obese, foul smelling westerner, i would have gladly paid for 2 seats, the experience was extremely annoying.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yep, let's not say anything about the smell of some people .

I was sitting once, on a night bus, close to a drunk, obese, foul smelling westerner, i would have gladly paid for 2 seats, the experience was extremely annoying.

Was he annoying you personally, like trying to get you involved in a chat with him? If so, an elbow into his fat belly would suffice. If he was just sitting there smelling and not bothering you, and there were no other seats, then all you could do is hold your nose.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Was he annoying you personally, like trying to get you involved in a chat with him? If so, an elbow into his fat belly would suffice. If he was just sitting there smelling and not bothering you, and there were no other seats, then all you could do is hold your nose.

Haha, yes i elbowed him thrice, coz he was sleeping on my shoulder, the third time hard enough for his head to hit the window..

He was not a bad bloke, he was quite understanding of my point of view.

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Haha, yes i elbowed him thrice, coz he was sleeping on my shoulder, the third time hard enough for his head to hit the window..

He was not a bad bloke, he was quite understanding of my point of view.

Well at least that is something, but anyone who is drunk in public would get no sympathy from me in any way.

22 hours ago, joe234234 said:

The reason is 1. This is the only cheap hotel in this area. 2. The beds are fantastic. Everything about this place is great. 3. So many friends staying here right now, and the next cheap place in my price range is far. This place has a monopoly in this area. 

Even if it is private property, if I make a booking online, they can refuse to check me in? 

yes, notified booking. 

I take care NOT to speak with any guests, unless spoken to first. Don't want to be accused of "annoying the guests". I don't mind confrontation with her, it's small beans. I agree the police would probably make it worse. The police usually (if not always) take the side of thai people. 

The "reason" was that I plugged in my laptop!! This lady is nuts man. Every time I plug in my laptop to work, and I get up, she unplugs it. Have many other people using laptops too. So she said I can't plug in anymore. So I told her that I will continue to plug in my laptop. And......out the door. 

Story doesn't make sense.

This story sounds like this bloke has done something wrong and he just wont admit it to himself and just wants to point the finger at someone else, plus he is showing that he is nothing but a smart arse, anyone who would re-book the same hotel online is nothing but a trouble maker.

As for the comments about double booking, the biggest problem is the online booking sites like Agoda, booking.com because they will not operate a non refundable deposit system so that the hotels are not out of pocket when the customer decides not to turn up. For me if you do not pay a non refundable deposit of 25% or at least 1 night accommodation then you do not have a booking.

He probably used his laptop in the communal area with the volume set at top level and annoyed the crap out of everyone.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:43 AM, joe234234 said:

My question is this:

Is this legal? Can a hotel kick you out for any reason they want?

Yes, in amazing Thailand – just consider it an amazing experience, forget it, and move on...:wink:

Archived