Kicked Out of Hotel Today

joe234234

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19.3.2018 at 3:29 PM, joe234234 said:

Thanks for all the replys btw.

My real question is this:

When I go to check in tomorrow, and hand them my booking.com confirmation paper, what they can do? cancel it? not let me check in? 

then what can i do? call booking.com?

Yes, call Booking.com. They are nt shy.  I did this 2 times successful.

Booking.com and all the others like it are not responsible for the booking, their T & C clearly state that the contract is between the person making the booking and the hotel as the trip provider, all Booking.com do is provide the platform.

Of course the hotel has the right to cancel any booking or ask a guest to leave.

By the sounds of the OP, then reasonably so in his case IMHO.

4 hours ago, Annunaki said:

Your wife deliberately overbooks the vacancies at her guesthouse and then turns away people who have pre-booked their reservations.

This means that someone turns up with their luggage and they are told that despite booking through the correct channels they are out on the street.

What a pleasant way to run a business while simultaneously messing up someone's holiday.

Care to share the name of your wife's guesthouse so that other members of Thai Visa will know where not to book in future.

Same thing airlines do except on the rare occasion we have dual bookings we have other guesthouses we work with on relocations. In all due respect we maintain an 8.6 rating and you obviously are clueless to the realities of this type business. Airbnb clients are far more reliable and pay ahead of time. Booking.com clients are mostly low-ball travelers that create the most havoc, don't return confirmations, etc.

Any other hotel will tell you the same. We actually have few we have to relocate because we cancel their reservation after the third contact attempt. We average 90% + occupancy and we never get ThaiVisa guests, rooms are too expensive.

2 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Same thing airlines do except on the rare occasion we have dual bookings we have other guesthouses we work with on relocations. In all due respect we maintain an 8.6 rating and you obviously are clueless to the realities of this type business. Airbnb clients are far more reliable and pay ahead of time. Booking.com clients are mostly low-ball travelers that create the most havoc, don't return confirmations, etc.

Any other hotel will tell you the same. We actually have few we have to relocate because we cancel their reservation after the third contact attempt. We average 90% + occupancy and we never get ThaiVisa guests, rooms are too expensive.

What a terrible and underhanded way to run a business.

Sad that you have to use your customers just to get your pockets full.

On 19/3/2018 at 8:29 AM, joe234234 said:

Thanks for all the replys btw.

My real question is this:

When I go to check in tomorrow, and hand them my booking.com confirmation paper, what they can do? cancel it? not let me check in? 

then what can i do? call booking.com?

Are you serious ? I can get a sense now from that post of why you might bring trouble on yourself. 

4 hours ago, Annunaki said:

So let's punish those who have every intention of occupying the room that they have booked and received a confirmation for, what a crappy attitude that is.

Any hotel/guesthouse that deliberately overbooks with the knowledge that they may turn away real guests deserves to fail.

Your clueless. Businesses fail by not filling rooms and dealing with booking.com solely results in 70% last minute no show/cancelations because their business model is to throw s*** against the wall and see what sticks and then throw the hotel under the bus when it comes to cancelation fees. I offset this by charging 30% more on booking.com than my quality hosting sites. Homeboy blowing off about a subject he knows nothing.

16 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

Pretty much all hotels overbook and work on the average percentage of no shows and cancellations, as do airlines, if they didn't then it would make the business not viable, so long as they do their homework and calculations correctly, then it would mean very few disappointed customers and in the event of a double booking, most go out of their way to try to find alternative accommodation for the overbooked guests.

It is one of the drawbacks of the modern online booking age.

12 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Your clueless. Businesses fail by not filling rooms and dealing with booking.com solely results in 70% last minute no show/cancelations because their business model is to throw s*** against the wall and see what sticks and then throw the hotel under the bus when it comes to cancelation fees. I offset this by charging 30% more on booking.com than my quality hosting sites. Homeboy blowing off about a subject he knows nothing.

As a constant online booker of rooms in Thailand I feel you are making a lot of sense. Even their advertising is disturbingly “ don’t worry , book anyway, cancel later, book again” but they charge more for the cancel later option , and hope you don’t. I am told that Agoda and Booking are the same company now , so what are the “ quality hosting sites” you refer to ? I hope you are allowed to say on here because your comment interests me greatly. 

2 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Pretty much all hotels overbook and work on the average percentage of no shows and cancellations, as do airlines, if they didn't then it would make the business not viable, so long as they do their homework and calculations correctly, then it would mean very few disappointed customers and in the event of a double booking, most go out of their way to try to find alternative accommodation for the overbooked guests.

It is one of the drawbacks of the modern online booking age.

Thanks, kinda what I was trying to drive home. Lots of folks walk around oblivious to the reality of running a business and the fine line between success and failure. Once you cover fixed expenses a room left vacant is 98% profit lost if there is a no show. Key to success, like you say, is optimizing online booking. 

4 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

As a constant online booker of rooms in Thailand I feel you are making a lot of sense. Even their advertising is disturbingly “ don’t worry , book anyway, cancel later, book again” but they charge more for the cancel later option , and hope you don’t. I am told that Agoda and Booking are the same company now , so what are the “ quality hosting sites” you refer to ? I hope you are allowed to say on here because your comment interests me greatly. 

Airbnb is the best IMHO and I tell guests all the time that if you want to assure you have a room pay in advance. Booking.com sells allot more rooms but is a pain in the ass to deal with. From a travelers POV booking.com leaves options but you need to communicate with the hotel directly and confirm. If you don't you can count on not having a room when you arrive. Any hotel that just blindly relies on booking.com to fill their rooms every night is doomed. It's funny, people from certain countries that book thru booking.com NEVER show, others think if they book 4 nights they need to book 4 different reservations, LOL. If it costs nothing I think some people book hotels in places they aren't ever going to just escape reality.

58 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

Far from the truth, our customers are happy and our pockets aren't full, LOL !

At the end of the day she asked you not to plug devices into their electrical outlet. Even after she unplugged it you refused to her fair request by keep plugging it back in. That is just disrespectful I don't blame her for kicking you out. You are paying monthly so have to pay for the electric you use, if you don't want to pay for the metered electric in your room pay daily electric included see what that costs you.

14 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Airbnb is the best IMHO and I tell guests all the time that if you want to assure you have a room pay in advance. Booking.com sells allot more rooms but is a pain in the ass to deal with. From a travelers POV booking.com leaves options but you need to communicate with the hotel directly and confirm. If you don't you can count on not having a room when you arrive. Any hotel that just blindly relies on booking.com to fill their rooms every night is doomed. It's funny, people from certain countries that book thru booking.com NEVER show, others think if they book 4 nights they need to book 4 different reservations, LOL. If it costs nothing I think some people book hotels in places they aren't ever going to just escape reality.

WOW. Maybe one of the biggest untruths I have ever heard.

Been using Booking.com for 10 years with 100's of bookings never had an issue one time.

Just silly nonsense......

18 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Thank you for the response. I never used Airbnb because I always assumed they were for private room rentals. I only use hotels, but I stay in Thailand 5 months a year in different places so I AM a customer. I have never once had a “no room booked “ situation on arrival with any agency so far. Just lucky I guess. I will browse AirBnb immediately for next booking but only interested in hotels with good facilities . Thank you again. 

No response from the OP for a while. He’s either in hospital or drunk somewhere with the other quality tourists....or maybe just another troll to get us all debating..again. If he’s real he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. Do they have mirrors in cheap quality hotels?

On 19/03/2018 at 3:31 PM, smutcakes said:

They will just tell you to piss off and rightly so. You come across and an annoying tosser.

Wow you have a way with words and an insite of this problem, are you sykick or jus a tosser too. 

1 hour ago, Grauwulf said:

No response from the OP for a while. He’s either in hospital or drunk somewhere with the other quality tourists....or maybe just another troll to get us all debating..again. If he’s real he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. Do they have mirrors in cheap quality hotels?

...quality tourists,  but his point is that they are his friends.

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

Thank you for the response. I never used Airbnb because I always assumed they were for private room rentals. I only use hotels, but I stay in Thailand 5 months a year in different places so I AM a customer. I have never once had a “no room booked “ situation on arrival with any agency so far. Just lucky I guess. I will browse AirBnb immediately for next booking but only interested in hotels with good facilities . Thank you again. 

Got caught with this same thing year back, after a long flight Bkk to Sydney for a quick meeting then within 24  hours arrived in Shanghai late evening, very tired.

Eventually got to the hotel and  'sorry sir, the xxxx booking site (can't remember the name) overbooked our hotel for tonight (tonight only)'

The hotel had already realized the situation and had made a tentative booking with a nearby hotel, 2 bell boys were quickly well briefed and came with me (5 minutes in a taxi), the staff also said 'don't pay at the one nigh hotel we will take care of payments'.

Two more bell boys, from original hotel, were back in the lobby at 7.00am the next morning to take me back to the original property. The original property called and said the 2 bell boys were in the lobby and what time would it be convenient to come to my room, meet me and get my luggage.

Fifteen minutes later we were back at the original hotel. The bell boys took me direct to the executive lounge for breakfast (the hotel upgraded my room), lounge manger well briefed and made me feel like a king, also asked if he send a staff member to unpack my clothes and hang them up when my suitcase arrived.

Polite young bell boys (good English) took the luggage to the room and quickly came back to the breakfast room to give me the key.

I stayed there 10 days, every morning one of the same 4 young bell boys was standing by to take me downstairs and put me in a taxi.

They turned a problem into an opportunity. I continued to use this hotel for many further trips to shanghai, they continued to impress me, and I instructed my staff to also use this hotel, they were also impressed.

This was 20 years ago, I don't know what hotel service is like today in China / Shanghai, but in those days it was impressive.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

WOW. Maybe one of the biggest untruths I have ever heard.

Been using Booking.com for 10 years with 100's of bookings never had an issue one time.

Just silly nonsense......

You are obviously not in the business. I am and anyone who is knows it is correct. Good for you if it works but if you do not confirm with the hotel direct you stand a good chance being left out in the cold. There's no way in hell I'm going to book flights for my families vacation and not pay in advance to insure my room/house is waiting. It's really just common sense. At huge hotels that have lower occupancy rates their business model might make sense. 

9 hours ago, Annunaki said:

So let's punish those who have every intention of occupying the room that they have booked and received a confirmation for, what a crappy attitude that is.

Any hotel/guesthouse that deliberately overbooks with the knowledge that they may turn away real guests deserves to fail.

I dont see where mauGR1 said they turn anyone away. If 90% fail to show up then the odds are in the hotels favor to have enough rooms for everyone that shows up. Airlines do this all the time. So do other hotels.

18 minutes ago, ericthai said:

I dont see where mauGR1 said they turn anyone away. If 90% fail to show up then the odds are in the hotels favor to have enough rooms for everyone that shows up. Airlines do this all the time. So do other hotels.

EXACTLY, and on the rare occasion there is a double booking we reciprocate with nearby guesthouses to locate lodging. It is common sense, you get what you pay for. It is much easier to pay online, arrive and go straight to your room. From the hotels POV and past experiences only 30% of non-paying booking.com guests actually end up arriving. If you have a hotel with 100 rooms that runs half full that's one thing. If you run 90% occupancy and that 10% vacant is booking.com no shows I think you see get the picture. It is not hotel owners abusing the system, it is guest abusing a bad system sold to them from booking.com. Booking.com is well aware of the flaws but they make tens of millions as just a platform, nothing else. 

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

Well, tbh, i don't know much about booking online, i am not used to that.

I prefer the old way.

When i travel for leisure, i get general info, and i allow myself a couple of hours to walk around and look for accomodation . If i am not satisfied, the next day, i vote with my feet.

I can understand the rights of a customers, but , obviously, any business is there for a profit.

Not for charity.

With a bit of common sense, everything will be ok.

Archived