Aussie bar owner assault: Thai media cite "foreign mafia" involvement

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foreign mafia haha more like the local  Thai and Russian mafia. 

Having a Bussiness in a tourist area is ok but not a go go bar or a freelance bar asking for trouble 

Rule number 1 once you  have half naked ladies and a shelf full of booze in your shop your <deleted>....

6 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Having a Bussiness in a tourist area is ok but not a go go bar or a freelance bar asking for trouble 

Rule number 1 once you  have half naked ladies and a shelf full of booze in your shop your <deleted>....

No. Since 1978: http://www.tahitianqueen.com/index.html

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

Whenever a crime is committed in my Thai locale I am told that some "mafia" have been at work.

It creates the illusion that there are the super evil and organised "mafia", and then every other Thai person.

A Thai would never do this, unless they were mafia, and that isn't really a Thai.

Thing is, for this to be the case, I think it would mean Thailand has the highest proportion of mafia in the world.

4 hours ago, car720 said:

same old protection racket.  They tell me it happens a lot in the USA.:stoner:

Really? I heard something not long ago in regard to LA food trucks, but nothing or nowhere else, except New York's sordid past...  

3 hours ago, maddox41 said:

You realise you have just shattered one of my favourite fantasies. 

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It creates the illusion that there are the super evil and organised "mafia", and then every other Thai person.

A Thai would never do this, unless they were mafia, and that isn't really a Thai.

Thing is, for this to be the case, I think it would mean Thailand has the highest proportion of mafia in the world.

indeed.

the only thing missing is decent pizza and horses heads.

8 hours ago, Benmart said:

This is about Thailand...Pattaya to be more exact. What is the direct connection to the USA?

He was told the same thing happens in the USA lol

8 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Beats me why he would want to go to another bar to piss-on?

Pretty common in hospitality anywhere, when you finish work and want to unwind with a couple of drinks, usually the last place you want to do it is in the place you have spent the last 10 hours in.I always find an alternative "local".

The guy hit is a mate of mine. It was an argument he had at another club with a mate. He then went back to his bar. Afterwards the other owner from LK Metro came down with a couple of Thai guys who hit him from behind.The attack itself was not in LK Metro

14 hours ago, smotherb said:

An Australian gets whacked in Pattaya and somehow the Americans get thrown in for good measure, eh?

Yep.  Why not. Although I suppose to be fair I should include the Irish and the Italians as well.

13 hours ago, Hardie said:

Really? I heard something not long ago in regard to LA food trucks, but nothing or nowhere else, except New York's sordid past...  

Or maybe Chicago's sordid past.  But you are right.  If I am to be honest it all links back to Hollywood doesn't it?

3 hours ago, shoalguy73 said:

The guy hit is a mate of mine. It was an argument he had at another club with a mate. He then went back to his bar. Afterwards the other owner from LK Metro came down with a couple of Thai guys who hit him from behind.The attack itself was not in LK Metro

Sounds like he needs new "mates".

10 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Yes but TQ seems to have close links to a motor cycle gang.

And we all know what naughty boys they are!!

Only kidding, I have had a couple of good night's there.

Not sure that qualifies as an MB gang...heard some people refer to them as more like the Village People or rotary club on wheels.  They are more into charity than anything else.

19 hours ago, pi2005ni said:

Lk metro is still controlled by a certain type of foreigner, police cleared it out a few years ago after a friend of mine , who had a business in Lk metro had a fall out with another business owner. My friend (Australian) was shopping at Thepisit market and as he was on his way back to his car , was approached by a group of Thai guys who bundled him into the rear of a car . However as the car slowed and turned into Sukumvit he threw himself from the Car onto the road and escaped . A week later after further problems he flew back to Australia with his family and left his business. 

Some years ago there was a farang,  might haven been another aussie , who voluntarily got into a car with  some Thai  'business associates'  up around Victory Monument  area, Bangkok.  Never seen or heard of again.The witnesses just faded away as usual.

I dont fancy being in any beer bar owners shoes (flip flops) in Thailand.

Your life can turn upside down overnight.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, lanista said:

Mafia?  Sounds like typical Thai media xenaphobia towards foreigners. If the rebels or bandidos had come calling to serve out punishment i doubt if he would of walked out, albeit groggily.

He's pissed off some local  soi  bar  farangs  & Thais.

Yep, I agree, probably went and pissed off some opposition bar owners, and they gave him some thanks in return. As a fellow Aussie, I'd thought he would have more brains. Most of us enjoy other bar workers visiting but never go out of our way to piss them off, Need to pull him aside and tell him to treat this as one of life's experiences... 

Archived