Aussie bar owner assault: Thai media cite "foreign mafia" involvement

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/3/2561 at 7:40 PM, paulikens said:

not the old mafia chestnut...cant people believe that. theres no foreign mafia or thai mafia or any other mafia in pattaya

I very much doubt you have spent much time in Pattaya with a statement like that.

13 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

I very much doubt you have spent much time in Pattaya with a statement like that.

i live there mate.if u think there is a english mafia & a thai mafia in pattaya u really are deluded& i dont think u know wat a mafia is....it aint a cple of taxi drivers selling a bit of yaba

On 5/4/2561 at 10:24 PM, paulikens said:

i live there mate.if u think there is a english mafia & a thai mafia in pattaya u really are deluded& i dont think u know wat a mafia is....it aint a cple of taxi drivers selling a bit of yaba

Paul my romantic conception of mafia is extortion, prostitution, drug dealing, gambling and violence. Pretty much everyday life in Pattaya. I've lived in Pattaya 20 years had a bar for 9 and if you think there isn't a Thai mafia you are walking around with your eyes shut. Know nothing about English mafia but plenty of lads in Pattaya avoiding the plod back home reside here.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Easy Come Easy Go said:

'mafia'

were they Italians then? 

Yesterday a master's degree educated Thai told me the  pack of 4 dogs in her 5-6 million baht housing village are the local mafia.

Seems the word is slapped around here more than the women.

16 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

Paul my romantic conception of mafia is extortion, prostitution, drug dealing, gambling and violence. Pretty much everyday life in Pattaya. I've lived in Pattaya 20 years had a bar for 9 and if you think there isn't a Thai mafia you are walking around with your eyes shut. Know nothing about English mafia but plenty of lads in Pattaya avoiding the plod back home reside here.

i didnt say there wasnt a thai mafia but they dont reside in pattaya same as a english mafia wldnt reside in skegness <deleted> &prostitution,drugs gambling &violence is rife in most cities.& yes i know there are english lads on the run in pattaya& again doesnt make em mafia. ....i think ur gettin carried away with the myths of thailand& people thinking theres mafia at every corner of every little fishing village in thailand GET  A GRIP. as i will yet again point out a thai taxi driver selling a bit of yaba doesnt make him mafia,as my mate use to call em 'the flip flop mafia'...the thai mafia will be in bangkok in suits &massive houses or apartments dealing in massive drug deals worth billions of pounds not some poxy card game worth a few thousand baht.   i except ur one of these blokes who says that there bird or themselves knows the thai mafia when its just some thai pickpocket& i except ya know the chief of police in bkk,he seems a very popular bloke dont know how he has time for all these people he knows!!

You need to GET A GRIP I haven't a clue <deleted> you're on about maybe you're on the Yaba you keep bringing up. I've never met nor mentioned the COP in BKK and I don't know any Thai pickpockets. There  are a number of guys walking around with weapons ( guns, knives,knuckle dusters ) who may work for your mates in BKK which is actually what this article is about. People have been murdered, businessmen have been extorted and forced out of business but maybe it hasn't quite reached Bang Saray yet 

12 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

You need to GET A GRIP I haven't a clue <deleted> you're on about maybe you're on the Yaba you keep bringing up. I've never met nor mentioned the COP in BKK and I don't know any Thai pickpockets. There  are a number of guys walking around with weapons ( guns, knives,knuckle dusters ) who may work for your mates in BKK which is actually what this article is about. People have been murdered, businessmen have been extorted and forced out of business but maybe it hasn't quite reached Bang Saray yet 

bang saray??? i know 15 years old who have knuckle dusters &knives doesnt m mean they're working for the mafia.you just carry on with ya deluded myths&i think we will have to beg to differ on this.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:09 AM, HLover said:

Yesterday a master's degree educated Thai told me the  pack of 4 dogs in her 5-6 million baht housing village are the local mafia.

Seems the word is slapped around here more than the women.

totally agree with that so much.  just being have a online 'debate'with someone who thinks the thai mafia are stuck in every little thai village 

13 hours ago, paulikens said:

totally agree with that so much.  just being have a online 'debate'with someone who thinks the thai mafia are stuck in every little thai village 

Quite happy to leave it that we beg to differ, but now you're saying I think there is Thai mafia in every little village. That's 3 times you have quoted me saying something I haven't. Pattaya is a city not a village and like it or not Thai mafia exists in the city. The reference to Bang Saray was because you are getting the two mixed up.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to come to the party late but i just came across this thread and feel compelled to set the record straight.  This article is highly inaccurate and is just irresponsible journalism.  I was there on the night of the incident and can recount everything that happened.

This guy Chris is well known in the area for generally being a menace.  He’s mentally unstable and regularly goes out, on a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs, alcohol, marijuana, yabba and god knows what else.

On the night in question, he was at a “friend’s” gogo bar - let’s call him George.  George is an easy going character and gets along with everybody - he didn’t really think much of Chris but entertained him for the sake of keeping the peace, and also because their wives are friends.  Many of George’s friends disliked Chris so there was an ongoing friction that constantly put George in a difficult position.  George told Chris several times that night to not cause any trouble in his bar, yet Chris continually walked around terrorising and threatening other patrons, to the point where a brawl broke out, and the place was shut down early.

Shortly after, a conversation took place between Chris and George’s brother, at which point Chris head-butted him and broke his nose.  His finger was also broken in the scuffle.  Chris quickly scurried back to his own bar and George and one of his Thai security followed him to question him about what had just happened.  They met out the front of Chris’ bar and a heated discussion took place, at which point Chris punched the Thai security guy in the face and busted his mouth open.  He then turned to George and before he could take action, George hit him and Chris fell to the ground, hitting his head on the pavement, and became unconscious.  The other two then left.

This had now become the critical point in the entire night’s events, and of course the police (and media) arrived on the scene shortly after, only to receive the heavily biased version of events from the staff working at Chris’ bar.  Chris regained consciousness shortly after and spent the night in hospital under observation, then discharged himself the next day.  Then suddenly, seemingly under advice from those smarter than him, he returned to hospital and spent several weeks in a top facility in intensive care, with possible brain damage!

Through communication between the wives, they agreed not to press charges as long as George agreed to pay for his medical expenses - George agreed to this because he was flying back home the next day for a break, with his brother, and didn’t want complications.  George also panicked at the thought that Chris might have serious injuries as a result - of course it was all highly exaggerated for maximum effect.  You see, George was known to have money and they were going to milk that cash cow for all they could get.  At one point, a request for an arbitrary 2 million Baht was put forward, but was dismissed as absurd.

George hired a solicitor who advised him that, because he took the law into his own hands he was at fault.  Because this incident was reported first and Chris’ injuries were supposedly more serious, somehow all preceding events that led to that moment were insignificant.  George also has clear video footage of the entire night’s events in his bar - you would think this evidence would play a part in the whole matter.  Read on…

Once George returned from overseas the matter was finally settled with police and Chris was paid a handsome sum of 500,000 Baht, without any substantiation of expenses.  The police also took 200,000 and his solicitor took 100,000 for doing very little.  George tried to show them the video footage of the night’s events but nobody was interested in seeing it - they all knew where the money was and they all got their grubby paws on the prize.

George (not Mafia) walked away and continued to run his business with a clear conscience (and record) and copped it on the chin.  Meanwhile Chris promptly fled to the countryside like the cowardly dog that he is.

On a final note, there are many people who want to exact retribution towards this lowlife scum for the shitstorm he’s caused.  It’s just such a travesty that this putrid <deleted> can profit after the disrespect, suffering and financial loss he’s inflicted.  Obviously this story will make its way to him through those in here that know him so let him know this - every dog has his day and he is one dog whose day will come.  Maybe just the thought that he’ll spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder is enough but who knows…

6 hours ago, fenix said:

Sorry to come to the party late but i just came across this thread and feel compelled to set the record straight.  This article is highly inaccurate and is just irresponsible journalism.  I was there on the night of the incident and can recount everything that happened.

This guy Chris is well known in the area for generally being a menace.  He’s mentally unstable and regularly goes out, on a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs, alcohol, marijuana, yabba and god knows what else.

On the night in question, he was at a “friend’s” gogo bar - let’s call him George.  George is an easy going character and gets along with everybody - he didn’t really think much of Chris but entertained him for the sake of keeping the peace, and also because their wives are friends.  Many of George’s friends disliked Chris so there was an ongoing friction that constantly put George in a difficult position.  George told Chris several times that night to not cause any trouble in his bar, yet Chris continually walked around terrorising and threatening other patrons, to the point where a brawl broke out, and the place was shut down early.

Shortly after, a conversation took place between Chris and George’s brother, at which point Chris head-butted him and broke his nose.  His finger was also broken in the scuffle.  Chris quickly scurried back to his own bar and George and one of his Thai security followed him to question him about what had just happened.  They met out the front of Chris’ bar and a heated discussion took place, at which point Chris punched the Thai security guy in the face and busted his mouth open.  He then turned to George and before he could take action, George hit him and Chris fell to the ground, hitting his head on the pavement, and became unconscious.  The other two then left.

This had now become the critical point in the entire night’s events, and of course the police (and media) arrived on the scene shortly after, only to receive the heavily biased version of events from the staff working at Chris’ bar.  Chris regained consciousness shortly after and spent the night in hospital under observation, then discharged himself the next day.  Then suddenly, seemingly under advice from those smarter than him, he returned to hospital and spent several weeks in a top facility in intensive care, with possible brain damage!

Through communication between the wives, they agreed not to press charges as long as George agreed to pay for his medical expenses - George agreed to this because he was flying back home the next day for a break, with his brother, and didn’t want complications.  George also panicked at the thought that Chris might have serious injuries as a result - of course it was all highly exaggerated for maximum effect.  You see, George was known to have money and they were going to milk that cash cow for all they could get.  At one point, a request for an arbitrary 2 million Baht was put forward, but was dismissed as absurd.

George hired a solicitor who advised him that, because he took the law into his own hands he was at fault.  Because this incident was reported first and Chris’ injuries were supposedly more serious, somehow all preceding events that led to that moment were insignificant.  George also has clear video footage of the entire night’s events in his bar - you would think this evidence would play a part in the whole matter.  Read on…

Once George returned from overseas the matter was finally settled with police and Chris was paid a handsome sum of 500,000 Baht, without any substantiation of expenses.  The police also took 200,000 and his solicitor took 100,000 for doing very little.  George tried to show them the video footage of the night’s events but nobody was interested in seeing it - they all knew where the money was and they all got their grubby paws on the prize.

George (not Mafia) walked away and continued to run his business with a clear conscience (and record) and copped it on the chin.  Meanwhile Chris promptly fled to the countryside like the cowardly dog that he is.

On a final note, there are many people who want to exact retribution towards this lowlife scum for the shitstorm he’s caused.  It’s just such a travesty that this putrid <deleted> can profit after the disrespect, suffering and financial loss he’s inflicted.  Obviously this story will make its way to him through those in here that know him so let him know this - every dog has his day and he is one dog whose day will come.  Maybe just the thought that he’ll spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder is enough but who knows…

thanks for sharing your version of events George...I mean fenix.  You sound like a fearsome keyboard warrior , not to mention a very creative writer

2 hours ago, fablo said:

thanks for sharing your version of events George...I mean fenix.  You sound like a fearsome keyboard warrior , not to mention a very creative writer

Nothing creative about it champ, these are the facts.  Judging by your tone I'd say your friends with that loser but too ashamed to admit it - haha I don't blame you.

Not a keyboard warrior bud, tell me where you are and I'll come and tell you the story in person next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

And no, I'm not 'George', just one of the many people close to him and familiar with this story.  This isn't George's style and, in fact, he doesn't even know I've written this.  He's too busy running a business

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, fenix said:

Nothing creative about it champ, these are the facts.  Judging by your tone I'd say your friends with that loser but too ashamed to admit it - haha I don't blame you.

Not a keyboard warrior bud, tell me where you are and I'll come and tell you the story in person next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

And no, I'm not 'George', just one of the many people close to him and familiar with this story.  This isn't George's style and, in fact, he doesn't even know I've written this.  He's too busy running a business

LOL. 

Thanks for the meetup request, but I currently have no vacancies and am busy sailing my yacht in the Med.

Most of my friends are global leaders, CEOs, academics, thought leaders, and business people.  However, if an opening comes up for someone with your profile (down on his luck anonymous spokesman for gogo bar), I will be sure to let you know.  Meanwhile, I encourage you to keep up your fantasy writing.  It is entertaining, if a bit tedious.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:10 AM, fenix said:

"On a final note, there are many people who want to exact retribution towards this lowlife scum for the shitstorm he’s caused.  It’s just such a travesty that this putrid <deleted> can profit after the disrespect, suffering and financial loss he’s inflicted.  Obviously this story will make its way to him through those in here that know him so let him know this - every dog has his day and he is one dog whose day will come.  Maybe just the thought that he’ll spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder is enough but who knows…" Calling this George guy a low life scum is out of order bud. I'm sure Cris will not put out a hit on you. He is a decent guy. Just let it go and move on. Enjoy your life.

Archived