BANGKOK 23 May 2019 04:34

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Phuket grandmother’s head crushed under 10-wheeler juggernaut

Phuket grandmother’s head crushed under 10-wheeler juggernaut

Eakkapop Thongtub

1521521570_1-org.jpg

Witnesses said the truck was travelling at speed down the road when it struck the motorbike. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtun

PHUKET: A 64-year-old woman driving a motorbike with her 11-year-old granddaughter as passenger died this morning (Mar 20) when her head was crushed under a 10-wheeled truck in rush-hour traffic in Rassada, north of Phuket Town.

Lt Sunan Petchnoo of the Phuket City Police was notified of the accident, near the intersection of Ruam Pattana Rd and Ratsadanusorn Rd, at 8:30am.

Kusoldharm rescue workers along with Mission Hospital Phuket medical staff soon arrived at the scene.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-grandmother-head-crushed-under-10-wheeler-juggernaut-66412.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-20

Majority of truck drivers here think they are driving Formula 1 cars; had one tailgating me for ten minutes last week until i was able to move out of his way, they just don't give a rats arse for anyone's safety.

RIP the Lady victim.

The daily dose of road carnage...unbelievable

These maniacs must rate number 2 to minivan drivers why nothing is done to stop these so called drivers beats me I see these drive dangerously every day!

I very much doubt even if she was wearing a helmet it would have protected her from that behemoth running over her head ! RIP old lady.

Takes 2 to tango. Theres an endless amount of old people with no helmets and never ever look or even have mirrors nor know how to use a blinker or look over there shoulder. This is an example of 2idiots colliding. Sorry to be harsh but fact. The grandaughter is the innocent one here and the only one to learn the hard way but thats evolution i guess.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I very much doubt even if she was wearing a helmet it would have protected her from that behemoth running over her head ! RIP old lady.

Shame you can't be bothered to read the report, she was wearing a helmet.

43 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Shame you can't be bothered to read the report, she was wearing a helmet.

And if you bothered to read his post you would of seen he said a helmet wouldn't have mattered against this vehicle..... Which he was correct in stating. 

38 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

And if you bothered to read his post you would of seen he said a helmet wouldn't have mattered against this vehicle..... Which he was correct in stating. 

If you look at the photo montage in the full article I do believe the last photo shows what is left of the helmet ... not much 

11 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

If you look at the photo montage in the full article I do believe the last photo shows what is left of the helmet ... not much 

my point exactly. Nobody can deny helmets should be worn all the time by everyone, but as the poster stated in this instance it would not have mattered. 

I'm sure that having dark tint film masking off the bottom quarter of the windscreen really helps to see what's close in front of (or about to pull out in front of) you too..... It'd be like looking out through a slit.

Andrew

The other Phuket news source (P... Gazette) has a video of the terrible accident.

As far as I remember it's not allowed to link to P.G.

The video does not fit the assumptions made in the threat.

Absolutely no speeding involved!

This grandma has a 100% blackout and cuts in front of the truck to turn right.

Maybe as close as 2 meters in front of the truck.

The driver had close to no chance of avoiding the accident.

Or may even be possible that he didn't see her from his seating position.

He stops only after bumping over her.

Sorry to say, but another unbelievable behavior of a motorcycle rider.

20 minutes ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

I'm sure that having dark tint film masking off the bottom quarter of the windscreen really helps to see what's close in front of (or about to pull out in front of) you too..... It'd be like looking out through a slit.

Andrew

That might be another reason that he didn't even notice the bike cutting extremely close in front of him.

What was the old lady thinking. She makes her way up the inside of the slow moving truck and just turns in right in front of him. Note the truck is in no way speeding.