Dishwasher detergent

paahlman

Where can I buy locally produced like 100 tablets diswasher detergent here? It could be powder also, but I do not want to pay 450 on homepro for something that cost 50 baht the rest of the world. I know it is imported and taxed, but there has to be a local produce.. I mean.. How does the hotels do it then?

I understand your pain.
My friend sent me this today. He loves vegemite being Australian and can't bring himself to pay 363 baht for a small 220g jar.
That's 15 dollars in his AUD currency.
He rather go without and smuggle some big jars in next time he goes home.

I used to use Finish tablets for my dishwasher. They are nearly 800 baht a pack of tablets and the powder is near 600 baht.
Now i just wash by hand. Its faster anyway. 1521552138533.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
  2. gradually add vinegar a little bit at a time and mix well (some fizzing will occur and the mixture will start to clump) You may not need the entire amount of vinegar, so add it a little at a time.
  3. mix in castile soap and lemon essential oil
  4. pack well into two ice cube trays (take your time doing this and make sure they are well compacted)
  5. set ice cube trays out to dry for at least 24 hours in a sunny spot
  6. take tabs out of trays and store in a tight-lidded container

http://pinsandprocrastination.com/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-tabs-borax-free/

Good answers of course all of you.. , but this does mean it does not exist like I thought then..? Its a little unbelievable...

Same with Rattan furniture.. cheaper to take in from homecountry as private furniture... 3 times cheaper... All of it made in Indonesia, but tax office pretend they dont know I guess...

Its hillarious. 4 chairs and a table is easily 40 000 baht here... In Denmark... 10 000 or less....That was a sidethought.. sorry to wear of track.

I get friends and family to bring me a pack from Europe whenever they come over. But I also recently found out that you can order them from Amazon and get them delivered to Thailand.
Will cost a bit in shipping but still cheaper than buying here.

• 11 months later...

Have been using Home Star for a few years, interspaced with Ebay orders of tabs from Spain (no longer available).  A new source is on Shopee at 288 (308 with shipping) for packs of 30 tabs which seem to work very well.

https://shopee.co.th/FCD-30Pcs-Dishwasher-Detergent-Concentrated-Rinse-Block-Powerball-Dish-Tabs-Cleaning-Dishwashing-Tablets-i.102120071.1649907860

On 3/24/2018 at 10:13 AM, stuandjulie said:

Powder, lasts a long tome as well, its called home star and says powder detergent for dishwasher on it.

Called Home star, says on label dishwasher detergent powder.

"She" uses the same product, also available on Lazada.

I went to the home of my Japanese friend and was surprised they made their own dish washing liquid. I couldn't believe it works. They told me they put the skin of fruits in the container and soak them in brown sugar. They said to keep it for just over a month and they are ready to use.

They don't rot or smell in fact they smell quite good. I just made some and they are waiting to be ready for use after over a month(now 3 weeks already I am waiting patiently for it to be ready).

How much brown sugar? Oh, just put in some and the color of the water should be brown not pale brown . Just use any plastic container. Use any fruits skin. I put in pineapple skin, mango skin, avocado skin just about every kind of fruits.

Of course I tried those home made wash up liquid in the home of my Japanese friend. I must say I was impressed, no smell, it does wash oily plates and pots clean.

No chemicals . May be a bit from the fruit skin but after some fermentation they are lost I guess. So this wash up liquid is very safe home made stuff. Much safer than those factory made ones. I don't know what chemical they put in today's wash up liquid.

What I like best is the simple way to make them. No fuss at all. How much brown sugar to put in? It's not important. Just try and you will find out. The color should be quite brown.  Oh, you put in a lot of fruit skins not just floating bits. The jars are quite full of fruits skins up to the top and you may see some bubbles on top , guess a bit of fermentation going on. But somehow they don't rot or smell bad. I don't understand. I love this non- chemical stuff . I am glad I don't have to buy any more wash-up liquid.

• 6 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, lopburi3 said:

Have been using Home Star for a few years, interspaced with Ebay orders of tabs from Spain (no longer available).  A new source is on Shopee at 288 (308 with shipping) for packs of 30 tabs which seem to work very well.

https://shopee.co.th/FCD-30Pcs-Dishwasher-Detergent-Concentrated-Rinse-Block-Powerball-Dish-Tabs-Cleaning-Dishwashing-Tablets-i.102120071.1649907860

Must say have returned to using Home Star as found the tabs just did not work that well after using more than a handful.  Had hopes they would work as those from Europe but they just did not.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, joeldoyle said:

Meh, lately dishwasher for me is a big disappointment, really costs a lot to maintain and the effect is really not that good. I found myself washing by hand lately solely because it was not cleaning properly. Later on, I learned that a bad dishwasher detergent can make your dishwasher to run very bad, so I searched for What is the Best Dishwasher Detergent, picked one and cleaned my dishwasher from deposits. Now it works wonders.

what did you buy and from where

Archived