Video: Foreign tourist brutally attacked by Walking Street thugs

webfact

12 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

This happens on every street corner after 3am around oz Sydney pubs and night clubs. I find the twice  a month fights in pattaya kind of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In OZ it is locals fighting locals that you mention... You go out to local Thai drinking holes you can easily see a fight or 2 every night maybe a knifing  or guns pulled. Ask around lots of people can show you where to go to see the action.  Or just look for motorcycles that looked like they are owned by young guys.parked in a line outside the bar.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, midas said:

But it won't because there are millions of Chinese, Indians and Russians on limited budgets who will continue to flock here like they used to flock to Butlin's holiday camps in England in the old days.

I didn't see millions of Chinese, Indians and Russians when I used to go to Butlins in the 70's

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:
  1 hour ago, midas said:

But it won't because there are millions of Chinese, Indians and Russians on limited budgets who will continue to flock here like they used to flock to Butlin's holiday camps in England in the old days.

Does anyone have an unlimited budget these days, other than the 2 week millionaires?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Last month, an American soldier was attacked by a group of Thai men selling fake watches on Pattaya beach road.

The watch sellers were later arrested and charged with selling fake goods.

But not charged with attacking the soldier?  Strange. 

Following the incident police said they were working to rid Pattaya of annoying street vendors who harass foreign tourists.

Oh please, brother.  Tell me another lie, I love it.  How much work does it take?  

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Last month, an American soldier was attacked by a group of Thai men selling fake watches on Pattaya beach road.

The watch sellers were later arrested and charged with selling fake goods.

But not charged with assault, becausing assaulting tourists is just another part of their exotic Thai adventure

and... the tourists get it both ways in patts.... At one end of walking street, a tourist is getting beat by ladyboys, and at the other end, a tourist is getting beat by street vendors.

go thailand 

16 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

I don't anderstand why nobody stop the 2 men, faring have to help faring, talk later whats the problem.

this makes me sick..

That is how they are thinking, Thai's must help Thai's, and so we see people ganging up to beat someone, did you not get that?

7 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Maybe the Farang was a loudmouth who got what he deserved?

We shall see...

So if someone is a loudmouth he deserves to get killed? Many of the blows he received could have been lethal. One of the most stupid posts I have read here.

7 hours ago, z42 said:

What a dog act by the 2 attackers. Once u start laying the boot into someone on the deck it should be mandatory jailtime.

Pattaya is not a bad place at all, just a lot of proper wrong uns there these days (more so than in days gone by).

I wonder that when once these spineless attackers get lifted they'll be charged with tarnishing Pattaya's reputation.. And no doubt the UK gutter press will be all over this like a cheap suit also ?

Pattaya  always gets the label of farang low life's,  what's too often overlooked is overwhelming percentage of Thai low life's  hanging out there.  

We had an Army reunion is Patts 3 years ago, one of our blokes was chatting with a Thai girl outside the Bar when 3 Somchais tried to muscle him,  only to bring the rest of us out onto the street; they did a runner before anything really happened then the BIB arrived.   No surprise who called them, gutless scum that they were.  

What to expect in the lovely 5 Star city ? 

The locals [men]  see the farangs  mongering 24/7, sc*eW**g their cutest women, drinking unlimited amount of booze, shouting shirtless on the streets or talking loud enough to be heard 1 block away, full of cash and playing it Mr Big Shot thanks to the strong exchange rate of western currencies (quite a few of the mongers or farangs in Thailand, back home in the West would obbviously be a Six Pack of loosers who could not afford 1/10 of what they do or behave in Thailand)...

thus, all this can generate some lovely human pathologies amongst the locals such as jealousy, aggresivity, sourness, ranting or god knows what else...

7 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Maybe the Farang was a loudmouth who got what he deserved?

We shall see...

An urban myth,  whenever these assaults happen too many fools expect the farang victim deserved it. 

2 hours ago, peperobi said:

A gun will be better...important is: in case you take something with you, you must be ready to use it otherwise....

hmmm, taking a gun to a fight in a country where you really shouldn't have a gun in the first place, isn't exactly a good idea. A knife, I would like to see you try and convince a Thai court that you were carrying a knife without ill-intent, and that you stabbing someone was justified 

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

What to expect in the lovely 5 Star city ? 

The locals [men]  see the farangs  mongering 24/7, sc*eW**g their cutest women, drinking unlimited amount of booze, shouting shirtless on the streets or talking loud enough to be heard 1 block away, full of cash and playing it Mr Big Shot thanks to the strong exchange rate of western currencies (quite a few of the mongers or farangs in Thailand, back home in the West would obbviously be a Six Pack of loosers who could not afford 1/10 of what they do or behave in Thailand)...

thus, all this can generate some lovely human pathologies amongst the locals such as jealousy, aggresivity, sourness, ranting or god knows what else...

This is actually a very good and valid point indeed. If you are subjected to such behaviour day in day out, it can skew your world view that's for sure. Simmering anger constantly below the surface, ready to emerge and boil over. 

6 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Gibbs; Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

Great idea, so how long do you expect before you're granted an "indefinite Visa"  at the Thai governments pleasure ? 

If you need to arm yourself buy a pair of lightweight knuckle dusters, there's plenty of them around in LoS,  my advice is to back away at first sign of trouble, but if you have brawl it out make sure you've the necessary skill to do so. 

8 hours ago, z42 said:

What a dog act by the 2 attackers. Once u start laying the boot into someone on the deck it should be mandatory jailtime.

Pattaya is not a bad place at all, just a lot of proper wrong uns there these days (more so than in days gone by).

I wonder that when once these spineless attackers get lifted they'll be charged with tarnishing Pattaya's reputation.. And no doubt the UK gutter press will be all over this like a cheap suit also ?

You don’t know the reason they attached the man, and maybe they had a good reason, and also this rubbish about fighting one on one, there are no rules in a scrap

Pattaya gets a most dangerouse place to go out in the night.

And the problems are the thais, the locals who earn the money with tourists!!!!!!!!!

I cant understand why people still go out on walking street late night!!!!!!!!!

I avoid that are ....nothing what you have to miss while on holidays or living here.

Quality tourists to Thailand?? for what?

dirty beaches (messed up mostly by thais) poluted water, unsafe areas, police corrupt,

Better go St. Tropez or if you want seems better already in Honduras !

4 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

The amusing part is the thai authorities want to put tracking bracelets on foreign tourists in Phuket!!!

Probably so they can focus on where the farang scam candidates are at any given time.

All the Thai's I know despise the Thai Police !

52 minutes ago, stropper said:

gee he really went well, to get up and bounce around the way he did ,he must be pretty fit and had a bit of training , well done son, nothing worse than kicking a hard head, i but porky wakes up with a sore foot !

The actual strike total was not that impressive, the guy covered up well. Back in the day I knew some redneck brothers from Georgia. They would get drunk and fight at the bar every weekend. If they couldn't find anybody to fight they would fight each other. Learned two things 1- never try to break up two brothers fighting. 2- If you do try to break up two brothers fighting and they start beating the snot out of you, get close to one of them and bite a hole in their cheek and/or gouge out an eye. Ears work well too, remember Evander hopping around.

Archived