Video: Foreign tourist brutally attacked by Walking Street thugs

webfact

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, z42 said:

What a dog act by the 2 attackers. Once u start laying the boot into someone on the deck it should be mandatory jailtime.

Pattaya is not a bad place at all, just a lot of proper wrong uns there these days (more so than in days gone by).

I wonder that when once these spineless attackers get lifted they'll be charged with tarnishing Pattaya's reputation.. And no doubt the UK gutter press will be all over this like a cheap suit also ?

It's the Thai way. Spineless dogs fighting in packs with their feet because they aren't man enough to face their opponents. They are disgusting animals. 

When your national sport is kicking the crap out of someone in a ring then this sort of behaviour has to be expected. 

Notice no one lifted a finger to help? The Thais attitude toward farang has changed over the years and they rarely step in to help nowadays. Many would sit back and enjoy the show. 

21 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

This is actually a very good and valid point indeed. If you are subjected to such behaviour day in day out, it can skew your world view that's for sure. Simmering anger constantly below the surface, ready to emerge and boil over. 

I lived in Costa Rica for many years. Another country where parents thought it was a great idea to send their beautiful daughters off to the big city to be whores. Anyway I had many Tico friends and I ask one of them if they generally disliked gringos. He said not you, you're my friend but imagine if we came to your country and had all the money, took all the pretty girls and the only ones left for you to go out with were fat and ugly. He had a good point and now CR is a very dangerous place to go. Lots of places more dangerous than Pattaya. Mind your own busy here a don't act like a dick and you should be OK.

2 hours ago, peperobi said:

A gun will be better...important is: in case you take something with you, you must be ready to use it otherwise....

As a farang you'll be vilified and imprisoned if you defended yourself against a Somchai. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, where were the police? There's always loads of them hanging around down there, and what about the farang police volunteers. Perhaps their fancy uniforms are just for show.

Not supposed to be any hawker stalls on W S anyway. Cops not doing their job?

The video/fight lasted for 18 seconds. How long does it take the police to show up in your country?

12 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

took all the pretty girls and the only ones left for you to go out with were fat and ugly.

We're always being told the opposite, that only the ugliest (in Thai eyes, and often meaning dark-skinned) girls go with foreigners. So that part of the argument doesn't work here.

3 hours ago, ostyan said:

I can see a lot of things in these videos. Dozens if not more every day. I definitely cannot see one thing. That is the police. I wonder how much Walking street should be paid to the police not to be there at all.

If Pattaya wants to be Family resort, what I hard to imagine, the police or someone should clear the streets from the illegal street sellers and other garbages.

You've obviously never been to Walking Street. There are both Thai and Tourist police stationed there. I doubt they can get to every crime scene in seconds though, which is how long this confrontation lasted.

8 hours ago, torrzent said:

He was quite lucky as the guys did not really know how to fight. Alot of these beatings end up much worse.  The first attacker almost knocked himself to the ground on a couple of occasions with wild handbags at dawn haymakers. 

Yes with the amount of punches thrown the tourist should have been reeling far more than he was.  Probably why it needs at least half a dozen brave Thai men to take one man down.

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We're always being told the opposite, that only the ugliest (in Thai eyes, and often meaning dark-skinned) girls go with foreigners. So that part of the argument doesn't work here.

You are right on with this. Most foreigners never see any women expect for the ones in the tourist areas. They definitely are not the cream of the crop.

If they went to a place where thai guys with  little cash go,they would see light skinned fair women slim and beautiful hanging on the thai guys arm..Most even beat the pretties for looks and light skin and theirs is all natural.

3 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

What i liked about this was the end when the guy was leaving. It looked like he was telling the thai he would be back or something like that.He was pointing his finger and saying some thing just wonder what it was. The guy can take a punch he did not wobble away for sure.

He said ..I'm going to tell my dad and his bigger than your dad 

30 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

I lived in Costa Rica for many years. Another country where parents thought it was a great idea to send their beautiful daughters off to the big city to be whores. Anyway I had many Tico friends and I ask one of them if they generally disliked gringos. He said not you, you're my friend but imagine if we came to your country and had all the money, took all the pretty girls and the only ones left for you to go out with were fat and ugly. He had a good point and now CR is a very dangerous place to go. Lots of places more dangerous than Pattaya. Mind your own busy here a don't act like a dick and you should be OK.

That point of comparison between Thailand and CR, and several others, have already been refuted. Very different countries and situations. Give it up.

44 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

It's the Thai way. Spineless dogs fighting in packs with their feet because they aren't man enough to face their opponents. They are disgusting animals. 

When your national sport is kicking the crap out of someone in a ring then this sort of behaviour has to be expected. 

Notice no one lifted a finger to help? The Thais attitude toward farang has changed over the years and they rarely step in to help nowadays. Many would sit back and enjoy the show. 

You don't know what provoked it. Many people come here and with the LOS smiles reputation think they can take liberties. They certainly looked pretty angry.

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You don't know what provoked it. Many people come here and with the LOS smiles reputation think they can take liberties. They certainly looked pretty angry.

I don't know what provoked it and couldn't give a flying f$&@k what caused it. If you have to fight someone stand face to face and fight with your fists. These gutless pieces of trash are primitive childish oxygen thieves masquerading as men. 

1 minute ago, Crustyhk said:

I don't know what provoked it and couldn't give a flying f$&@k what caused it. If you have to fight someone stand face to face and fight with your fists. These gutless pieces of trash are primitive childish oxygen thieves masquerading as men. 

Wrestling moves are far better defensive moves. Fist fighting can also result in death if they get knocked over and hit their head.

Completely silly to have a fist fight in the street.

2 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

So basically you object to the use of elbows rather than fists? :laugh:

I am a big fan of classic boxing, rather than muay thai etc. But still, when people fight they do what comes naturally to them. And in this country that is elbows and kicks. 

49 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

You are right on with this. Most foreigners never see any women expect for the ones in the tourist areas. They definitely are not the cream of the crop.

If they went to a place where thai guys with  little cash go,they would see light skinned fair women slim and beautiful hanging on the thai guys arm..Most even beat the pretties for looks and light skin and theirs is all natural.

Girls with lighter skin are usually rom a Chinese heritage.  Darker skinned girls are usually from Malay and therefore Indian heritage.  It is down to the individual what skin colour is more attractive (for many years Iman and Naomi Campbell were considered to be the most beautiful women in the world) but for Thais in general they associate darker skin with uneducated field workers, whether male or female.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So basically you object to the use of elbows rather than fists? :laugh:

I am a big fan of classic boxing, rather than muay thai etc. But still, when people fight they do what comes naturally to them. And in this country that is elbows and kicks. 

Who mentioned anything about elbows. Kindly don't put words in my mouth. 

If you admire the way these two pieces of trash acted that's your prerogative 

Kicking in a fight is for pussies where I come from. 

6 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

Ah.... so you object to kicking rather than punches. That's really taking the moral high ground :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

Best fighters in the world use kicks.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ah.... so you object to kicking rather than punches. That's really taking the moral high ground :laugh:

Yep and if you see no difference there's no point talking to you. Maybe if Thai men wore steel capped work boots in their honourable jousts you'd think differently. 

Then again maybe you still wouldn't get it. 

On 3/13/2018 at 3:10 PM, Docno said:

To all those people here who take this as another opportunity to bash what they think are hypocritical and/or uptight Thais, I suggest you go strip naked and hug the Washington Monument or Nelson's Column and see what happens...

9 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Gibbs; Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

Rule number 9:  Never take a knife to a gun fight!

Last month, an American soldier was attacked by a group of Thai men selling fake watches on Pattaya beach road.

The watch sellers were later arrested and charged with selling fake goods.

Following the incident police said they were working to rid Pattaya of annoying street vendors who harass foreign tourists.

The above is from the OP. They beat the guy up and were found, but only charged with 'selling fake goods, but not with the beating they gave the guy.

Also knowing that the police are working on ridding Pattaya of "annoying street vendors" makes me feel a whole lot better.

LeoTex

1 hour ago, Crustyhk said:

What? no elbows, knees, or kicks, or wrestling on the ground?.....Is there somebody patrolling the streets around the world dressed in referee zebra stripes who is gonna explain these common rules of yours to people from people from different backgrounds, cultures? Methinks you've been watching too many swashbuckling 1950s "put up yer dukes" movies son. 

Archived