Incoming LINE voice call not ringing

Hi,

As I am sure most of us here use LINE, I am hoping someone knows what is going on.

I often call people via LINE voice call, and normally it works great apart from occasional bad signal. 

However sometimes when I make a LINE free voice call to someone, I am later told that it never rang.

For me I would be waiting around 15 to 20 seconds for them to pick up and hearing the outgoing ring. However even if they are sitting right next to their phone with the sound on, it just goes immediately to missed call.

I have tried hard to fix this myself and it seems that:

If the other person's smartphone screen is off, it is hit or miss - sometimes they will hear my LINE call as normal and other times (even with sound or vibrate ON) they could have their phone right next to them but nothing will happen.

I have tested and both of us will have good phone signal. 

I have contacted LINE customer support but am frustrated with the response, so am reaching out to you Thai Visa guys in hope you can help me!

I think it's a software fault of line that mostly can happen when there is less memory space left maybe a reinstall can help , but recovering a line acount mostly not work lost all chat contacts I not think it's a hardware fault cos other app rings also

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

33 minutes ago, punchandjudy said:

However even if they are sitting right next to their phone with the sound on, it just goes immediately to missed call.

Yes I have had this and even seen it happen on my phone. Others I know have had same issue but its intermittent.

Same happens to me. Incoming LINE call might ring, might just get a notify, might not get anything for over an hour.

Just know, this isn't like an actual phone call where the VOICE network is handling the call. Voice apps like LINE utilize whatever DATA or INTERNET network is available, and are running as a 3rd-party APP. So the App is responsible for continuously checking back with the member server for notifications but trying to do it on a schedule that doesn't run the battery dead. Some data networks allow messages to be passed directly to the LINE app, but many networks don't allow this so it's up to the App to do 'polling' inquiries.

Another issue deals with the phone manufacturer giving preference to their voice apps, causing other 3rd-party apps issues when they need it.

My google-based voice apps work fine. Others I find hit-or-miss.

On 21/03/2018 at 8:41 PM, RichCor said:

Same happens to me. Incoming LINE call might ring, might just get a notify, might not get anything for over an hour.

Just know, this isn't like an actual phone call where the VOICE network is handling the call. Voice apps like LINE utilize whatever DATA or INTERNET network is available, and are running as a 3rd-party APP. So the App is responsible for continuously checking back with the member server for notifications but trying to do it on a schedule that doesn't run the battery dead. Some data networks allow messages to be passed directly to the LINE app, but many networks don't allow this so it's up to the App to do 'polling' inquiries.

Another issue deals with the phone manufacturer giving preference to their voice apps, causing other 3rd-party apps issues when they need it.

My google-based voice apps work fine. Others I find hit-or-miss.

Thank you all for the replies. RichCor may I ask which particular apps you use for voice calling and if they are 100% free?

A quick search indicates that this is a known issue which many experience. I personally have not.

The obvious solutions lie with the phone/user having the issue. Could be a dozen or so things ranging from LINE or phone configurations, permissions, notifications, available ROM, silent mode, lock-screen, etc.

Send a message, tell them to try calling you. Assumes a message is getting through.

Archived