More than half of women are victims of sexual assault by drunken Songkran men, claims report

webfact

27 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes.  So I have been told many times... yet still no one has told me what is sexual assault in the context of this article.

The only answer have been told is:

Sexual assault is anything a women says it is.

That does not sound right.... does it to you?

Yes, this is the case. A sexual assault can vary from woman to another. Some feel offended by staring at their boobs, others don't have an issue.

Also, if a woman wants to show up naked at a business meeting, up to her. Still doesn't give the men (or women) the right to sexually assault her (You can fire her for indecent behavior)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It starts with society recognising it as a crime and harshly punishing those responsible. 

It starts with not blaming victims of sexual assault for the actions of predators. 

It starts with not accepting that “these things happen”

It starts with zero tolerance for such actions. 

It starts with learning no one can force their unwanted attentions on another. 

Do you seriously believe that any of these will happen in Thailand . . . in your lifetime, say? Until they do, what do you advise, when it comes to an attractive woman, wanting to progress - unmolested - along a street, at Songkran or any time?

21 hours ago, Archcan said:

After 7 years in Phuket, last year was my final Songkran on Bangla Rd.  Too many out of control drunks, most of them with not a clue about the true essence of Songkran and the gentle celebration that was intended.  The Thais are taught at an early age how to act but the tourists have no idea at all and will never know.  Add alcohol and it's a recipe for aggression and physical/sexual assault.  Unfortunate but so goes the evolution of tourism in Thailand with increased police control, an end to spraying water on the main roads and the gradual decline of a sacred and honoured celebration.

In Chiang Mai it's more like an uncontrolled backpacker-party with huge waterguns and booze and ...

21 hours ago, r136dg said:

Not just women assaulted by men. I've been groped several times by women during that insane holiday. Made me feel so helpless and violated.

OMG ! Did you have nightmares after that ?  555

44 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Do you seriously believe that any of these will happen in Thailand . . . in your lifetime, say? Until they do, what do you advise, when it comes to an attractive woman, wanting to progress - unmolested - along a street, at Songkran or any time?

I’ve answered your question. 

57 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Guess you just didn't get it...

Lol.....

really? 

Id recommend not relying on guesswork, if that’s the outcome of your guesswork.... or your math, if that’s your response.... let alone your sense of humor 

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

I’d recommend a taser on each hip (?and a sexy cop outfit).... throw in a songkran soaking, and the effect would be electrifying ???

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Groping is sexual assault.

Of course it does not carry the same trauma as rape, but it is sexual in nature and, if done against the victim’s  will, it is assault. 

The victims of such assaults have the right to complain, just as they have the right to dress as they will. 

The only ones to blame for sexual assaults are the predators responsible for them. 

Great.  Thank you.  I will now taken the names and addresses of the dozens of people who will touch me.. or even look at my body (when I take off my shirt and dance on stage at the front of the bar) at the Songkhran party and go to the police station with the information. 

You say people have the right to wear what they want.. I might wear a thong only then.... and I will get really drunk and throw myself at everyone....

You can also come along as support and tell the women who glanced at me... or gave me a hug, took a photo, how wrong they are for their serious sexual assault on me.

14 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Great.  Thank you.  I will now taken the names and addresses of the dozens of people who will touch me.. or even look at my body (when I take off my shirt and dance on stage at the front of the bar) at the Songkhran party and go to the police station with the information. 

You say people have the right to wear what they want.. I might wear a thong only then.... and I will get really drunk and throw myself at everyone....

You can also come along as support and tell the women who glanced at me... or gave me a hug, took a photo, how wrong they are for their serious sexual assault on me.

Will do. 

Just let me know where and when. 

On 22/03/2018 at 2:06 AM, z42 said:

It's become a complete monster imo. Alcohol and the general chaotic nature of it makes a whole heap of already not very bright people do even more crazy / reckless things than they normally would.

A couple of hours of it around midday when i can take my little girl out is actually quite good fun for me and her because people are sober still and it has a more peaceful / happy feel.

In the late afternoon big groups are totally wasted and are quite menacing (like what is described in the OP).

It is what it is though, any measures that are effective in making it a little mord family friendly am all for

I dont go out until its all over , hate it to bits .

38 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

A decidedly silly response.

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It starts with society recognising it as a crime and harshly punishing those responsible. 

It starts with not blaming victims of sexual assault for the actions of predators. 

It starts with not accepting that “these things happen”

It starts with zero tolerance for such actions. 

It starts with learning no one can force their unwanted attentions on another. 

Sure, but having that mindset can get you a long way.

Like Pres. of a powerful country...

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

A decidedly silly response.

.... to decidedly silly people.

You are very wrong to say so to.. because why do you condone sexual assault on a male but not a woman?  Are you OK with men being victims of sexual assault by women?  

You think that is OK?

You think drunk women groping my body is no problem.  But men groping a women is to bad and not to be tolerated?

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Will do. 

Just let me know where and when. 

OK.  Where are you living?  I am in Chiang Mai.  

I will be going into the city for only 1 or 2 days playing in the festival.

I will PM you when I go so we can meet up.

I am going to see how many women, ladyboy and gays touch me... or look at me in a sexy way... because you have taught me that is sexual assault.  And we both will go and report the people to the police. 

I will hold you to it 100 percent and we can post our findings and the results on here.

Thank you. 

Just now, jak2002003 said:

.... to decidedly silly people.

You are very wrong to say so to.. because why do you condone sexual assault on a male but not a woman?  Are you OK with men being victims of sexual assault by women?  

You think that is OK?

You think drunk women groping my body is no problem.  But men groping a women is to bad and not to be tolerated?

I don't condone male rape, but I have never had a problem with a woman groping me.

Just now, jak2002003 said:

I am going to see how many women, ladyboy and gays touch me... or look at me in a sexy way... because you have taught me that is sexual assault.  And we both will go and report the people to the police. 

I will hold you to it 100 percent and we can post our findings and the results on here.

Thank you. 

dumb

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Thank you. 

You do that. 

On 22/03/2018 at 9:32 AM, Cranky said:

Talk about double standards.  You don't give a flying fig 'Poor sad little boy' was fiddled with but when some guy whose had one too many shandys glances at your titts in a funny way you scream blue murder and expect everyone with a willy to be banged up abroad.  Trust me, if we need to see, grope, fondle, or ogle titties in this place there are many finer ones than yours up for grabs.

To be fair you can't really say that unless you have seen her "titties" 

On 3/22/2018 at 12:49 PM, marko kok prong said:

Well last year in our town,two 20 something girls obviously drunk,became amarous together and next thing were on the ground kissing and fondling each other,a group of young lads egging them on,shorts and panties off one girl came off,and the other was down on her,then the Police came and stopped them,i was most dissapointed,it was just harmless fun.

Need photographic preferably video evidence you teaser!!

16 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

The misogynist has spoken. 

Since you mentioned it ........ (from http://singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html)

"The Western World has quietly become a civilization that has tainted the interaction between men and women, where the state forcibly transfers resources from men to women creating various perverse incentives for otherwise good women to inflict great harm onto their own families, and where male nature is vilified but female nature is celebrated.  This is unfair to both genders, and is a recipe for a rapid civilizational decline and displacement, the costs of which will ultimately be borne by a subsequent generation of innocent women, rather than men, as soon as 2020."

Accusing men of being criminals for touching a woman boobs or bum when she's participating in a voluntary drunken party while wearing wet clothing is the height of madness. Touching her boobs and bum is entirely normal and expected male behaviour.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:52 PM, stephen tracy said:

You go to Pattaya to get away from "horrible farangs"?

I wrote a poorly constructed sentence:  I will spend those "days of madness (week?) in Pattaya in the relative sanity of Bangkok". I meant Pattaya is insane during those days so I will skeedaddle off to BKK

On 22/03/2018 at 10:32 AM, Happy enough said:

more than half. i find that highly unlikely from what i have seen in the past. some for sure but more than half. doubt that very much

What a joke, in Pattaya I would say its the other way round more than half of the men are groped by females and ladyboys on the game. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Songkran is about getting drunk, soaking your enemies and getting laid. Too bad for those almost 50% that don't get properly molested. Locals know the name of the game but spout BS to show oh how prim & proper they are. The usual doubleface.

7 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Since you mentioned it ........ (from http://singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html)

"The Western World has quietly become a civilization that has tainted the interaction between men and women, where the state forcibly transfers resources from men to women creating various perverse incentives for otherwise good women to inflict great harm onto their own families, and where male nature is vilified but female nature is celebrated.  This is unfair to both genders, and is a recipe for a rapid civilizational decline and displacement, the costs of which will ultimately be borne by a subsequent generation of innocent women, rather than men, as soon as 2020."

Accusing men of being criminals for touching a woman boobs or bum when she's participating in a voluntary drunken party while wearing wet clothing is the height of madness. Touching her boobs and bum is entirely normal and expected male behaviour.

Expected behavior from a certain kind of male.

44 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Expected behavior from a certain kind of male.

It describes your behaviour exactly.

Weak men support the feminist cause in the hope of gaining some attention from females.

Of course the feminists hate weak males even more than they hate normal males. 

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So why the difference?

Why is it OK for women to grope men... but not the other way around?

...It's not gentlemanly to grow or force sexual behavior on a woman in my humble opinion. However if you have any women that want to sexually assault me that will be A-OK, I'm a veteran

Archived