Video: Pattaya will be Thailand's "Miami"

webfact

Video: Pattaya will be Thailand's "Miami"

pat.jpg

FILE photo

An upbeat video produced by Thai media Manager said that Pattaya is set to be Thailand's Miami.

All it will take is the long awaited tipping of a mountain of sand on the beaches that have suffered years of erosion.

Manager said that agreements between Pattaya City Hall and the harbor master's office and the final sourcing of the sand after a long wait mean that work will start in April.

The public had had their suspicions they said.

But now Thailand was to get Miami "for sure".

All the equipment and supplies are just about ready and what people have been waiting ten years for is finally set to happen.

Dreams are at last set to become reality as Pattaya can be mentioned in the same breath as the US resort in Florida.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-22

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dreams are at last set to become reality as Pattaya can be mentioned in the same breath as the US resort in Florida.

that is a pretty weak,poor goal; Miami is Not a resort, it is a big city that contains all the normal ills of a big city, not the least of which is violent crime in which Miami is a leader in the USA

Our haters, bashers, doomsters, whingers, and trolls are going to get their knickers in a serious twist over this. I think we'd better get all the whinges out of the way now, preemptively, and shorten the length of the thread:

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

that is a pretty weak,poor goal; Miami is Not a resort, it is a big city that contains all the normal ills of a big city, not the least of which is violent crime in which Miami is a leader in the USA

So, maybe not so wrong after all, considering recent news from Pattaya... :ph34r:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But now Thailand was to get Miami "for sure".

As recent events suggest, they are off to a good start.  These jagoffs could not have chosen a bit better city of comparison, Miami is a drug infested dump.

For Miami, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon.

I earlier lived for many years in lower Isaan and toured recently. Most towns there are well run, clean with decent wide pavements. Way ahead of Pattaya. North Pattaya is the best kept area but the nearer one gets to South Pattaya the more it deteriorates. South Pattaya is run down and chaotic by comparison. The first thing noticeable is the vomit inducing smell coming out of the drains. It's been like that for many years. Miami? In your dreams.

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

It already has everything drugs , gangs , prostitution , murder .

And been that way for years.  Sun,  sea, sex and seniors. What other candidates have there been for the last 3 or 4 decades?   Cha Am? Phuket and Samui are islands so cannot compete.

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Our haters, bashers, doomsters, whingers, and trolls are going to get their knickers in a serious twist over this. I think we'd better get all the whinges out of the way now, preemptively, and shorten the length of the thread:

Oh, you forgot realists. Just because in reality Pattaya is one of the worst cities in Thailand, and you see it in the news every day. can´t hardly say I am wrong there.
Some people like to live close to crime, drugs, mental problems, power drinkers and heavy stink and pollution though, and I guess it´s nothing wrong with that, if the person has the right mindset to fit in.

Regarding the sand and all the beautiful dreams for this unique, one of a kind, world class oasis of a five star family resort. i guess that was just a dream, just a dream.....

6 hours ago, webfact said:

An upbeat video produced by Thai media Manager said that Pattaya is set to be Thailand's Miami.

All it will take is the long awaited tipping of a mountain of sand on the beaches.....

I suppose sand is as good as anything to cover-up the shit, dead fish and plastic bags.  It might even attract a few more soi dogs; that should make it easier when the culling begins.

Archived