Video: Pattaya will be Thailand's "Miami"

webfact

The one thing Pattaya-jomtein has in its favour is the fact that millions of Russians and Chinese have never seen a beach before and have nothing to compare Thailand with.The FILE photo of the beach looks awful.  The sand  (dirt ) looks putrid.  Maybe its just the light but many Thai beaches  do look like that.

The Russians and Chinese should go to Australia to see real  surf beaches but of course its too expensive. You get what you pay for. What on earth has Miami or even Surfers Paradise got to do with this sewer?

On 3/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, Get Real said:

Oh, you forgot realists.

Oh, but the very few of those we have around here aren't upset that anyone suggested Pattaya might grow into a much larger resort. It's only realistic to expect an ongoing trend towards development to continue.

Just because in reality Pattaya is one of the worst cities in Thailand, and you see it in the news every day. can´t hardly say I am wrong there.

Worst is all a matter of definition. Miami can be one of the best or one of the worst. I would regard Nan one of the worst as it's so boring there. You probably need to read through When boredom starts to rule the day, I Love Pattaya, and Why live in Pattaya? to counteract the brainwashing you're received from reading the news here along with the accompanying hysterical fear-mongering by the trolletariat. If not, eventually the dreaded brain-eating Whither Pattaya and Whither Thailand space monkeys invade and the only cure is to leave Thailand. One of our venerabloe members so plagued moved back to the UK and is so happy there now. Sound good?

And you need to read through the Thai news and find out what's going on in other cities. You don't really know.

Regarding the sand and all the beautiful dreams for this unique, one of a kind, world class oasis of a five star family resort. i guess that was just a dream, just a dream.....

Your dream of dream, actually. And people may dream whatever they wish. :biggrin: So?

It is unique and one of a kind, however. That's one reason I live here.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's also a place that offers amazing and sophisticated cultural amenities. Pattaya -- not so much. 

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/things-to-do/arts-and-culture

Temples, water parks, islands, water sports, restaurants...I'd choose Pattaya over Miami.

Of course, here are some recent reviews of 'sophisticated' Miami Beach (less than 3 weeks old) and a bit more accurate than a promotion website, I assume. When a UK resident calls a place 'depressing' it warrants attention!

Screenshot_2018-03-23-16-41-03-464_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-03-23-16-41-31-433_com.android.chrome.png

Dude, I was talking about things like real art galleries, live theater, live music with international stars, that sort of thing that Pattaya basically has nothing of. 

Also there is a lot more to Miami than South Beach. Personally I prefer Ft. Lauderdale though if I could afford either one. 

On 3/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, YetAnother said:

that is a pretty weak,poor goal; Miami is Not a resort, it is a big city that contains all the normal ills of a big city, not the least of which is violent crime in which Miami is a leader in the USA

There is Miami and there is Miami Beach where the hotels and fun is, two very different places..

Just now, Jingthing said:

Dude, I was talking about things like real art galleries, live theater, live music with international stars, that sort of thing that Pattaya basically has nothing of. 

Also there is a lot more to Miami than South Beach. Personally I prefer Ft. Lauderdale though if I could afford either one. 

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Oh, but the very few of those we have around here aren't upset that anyone suggested Pattaya might grow into a much larger resort. It's only realistic to expect an ongoing trend towards development to continue.

Worst is all a matter of definition. Miami can be one of the best or one of the worst. I would regard Nan one of the worst as it's so boring there. You probably need to read through When boredom starts to rule the day, I Love Pattaya, and Why live in Pattaya? to counteract the brainwashing you're received from reading the news here along with the accompanying hysterical fear-mongering by the trolletariat. If not, eventually the dreaded brain-eating Whither Pattaya and Whither Thailand space monkeys invade and the only cure is to leave Thailand. One of our venerabloe members so plagued moved back to the UK and is so happy there now. Sound good?

And you need to read through the Thai news and find out what's going on in other cities. You don't really know.

Your dream of dream, actually. And people may dream whatever they wish. :biggrin: So?

It is unique and one of a kind, however. That's one reason I live here.

Have a happy time in happy and polluted sandy castle of dreams that never come true.

On 22/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Get Real said:

Just because in reality Pattaya is one of the worst cities in Thailand, and you see it in the news every day. can´t hardly say I am wrong there.

The reason Pattaya has lots of news coverages is the fact it's a city on the coast of Thailand that could be described as one of the best places on earth to party (have a good time, remember?). With that will bring problems it's common sense and something many of the bashers here seem to lack.

It appears that the venom spouted from those that don't live here are sad lonely folk that either lives in the boonies and going stir crazy wondering what they have done with their miserable life or low qualified teachers in Bangkok that have amounted to the same daily wage as the roughest coconut lady on Beach Road.

No wonder the Pattaya forum is a place these lunatics like to vent their anger when in the back of their worn out mind they can only dream of living in such a colorful, vibrant and exciting city such as Pattaya.

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.

10 minutes ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

The reason Pattaya has lots of news coverages is the fact it's a city on the coast of Thailand that could be described as one of the best places on earth to party (have a good time, remember?). With that will bring problems it's common sense and something many of the bashers here seem to lack.

It appears that the venom spouted from those that don't live here are sad lonely folk that either lives in the boonies and going stir crazy wondering what they have done with their miserable life or low qualified teachers in Bangkok that have amounted to the same daily wage as the roughest coconut lady on Beach Road.

No wonder the Pattaya forum is a place these lunatics like to vent their anger when in the back of their worn out mind they can only dream of living in such a colorful, vibrant and exciting city such as Pattaya.

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.

Guess that was the time when it was long overdue to think about once handle.

Just for your information, there is no lack of common sense. The only thing I was hoping for, was to be spared of a moronic comment like the one you gave me. Whatever, I guess we can´t all win the lottery. :cheesy:

Except that Pattaya is far better than Miami in about all aspects (cost of living, lack of crime, nightlife, etc). Have a friend who was from Miami and couldn't stand it there, has happily lived in Pattaya for last 15 years.

7 hours ago, Havrum said:

Except that Pattaya is far better than Miami in about all aspects (cost of living, lack of crime, nightlife, etc). Have a friend who was from Miami and couldn't stand it there, has happily lived in Pattaya for last 15 years.

Like I said, Pattaya is the poor man's Miami. I reckon if your friend was wealthy, he would find the Miami area much better. 

20 hours ago, Basil B said:

As I recall from Miami Vice, Miami has it's share of "Gender Benders" too.

But Don Johnson made them look kinda cool. 

Archived