Residency certificate CW Bangkok

They mail it to you, EMS.  Takes around 2 weeks.

You need to be doing 90 day reporting with them and have done a recent report (i.e. not been out of the country in the last few months.)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

You need to be doing 90 day reporting with them and have done a recent report (i.e. not been out of the country in the last few months.)

Thank you.  I rarely do 90 day reports but did one last month.  

• 9 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:45 PM, Oxx said:

I returned to Thailand early November 2018 and want to go next week to CW for a residence certificate.  Last 90 day report was June.  Are you saying I can’t get a certificate? What if I show my lease which has continued throughout?   And recent utility bill?

On 3/22/2018 at 5:45 PM, Oxx said:

I don't wish to sidetrack op, but I also need advice. I need residency certificate for car licence. My issue is even though living here several years (retirement extension), I have never done a 90 day report as I fly out every couple of weeks. I have a lease. What else is needed. Thankyou

I'm not expert, but if you haven't been doing your 90 day reporting, then I believe you need to get your certificate from your embassy.  (It's actually an affirmation of residency.  Basically you stating that you live somewhere, and the embassy taking a hefty fee for putting that on paper.)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Oxx thanks. To be clear have you tried getting a certificate before and were turned down for lack of a recent 90 day report or is that just what you’ve heard through the grapevine?   I’m trying to decide whether to chance it or go the embassy route. 

I was in a similar situation where it had been 4 months since my last 90 day report following a trip out of Thailand.  There was a lot of humming and hawing as to whether I could get the certificate or not.  It was clearly, in the CW immigration official's eyes, a borderline case.  Eventually I did get it.  You could try with 7 months since your last report and you might get lucky, you might not.  (I suspect not, but I'm no expert.)

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't wish to sidetrack op, but I also need advice. I need residency certificate for car licence. My issue is even though living here several years (retirement extension), I have never done a 90 day report as I fly out every couple of weeks. I have a lease. What else is needed. Thankyou

I have done my driver license at the Mo-Chit Departement, and I was there only with my Passport, foreign driver license and the tambien baan (yellow book). This was enough to make the driver license about 1 year ago. Even there was a lot of if this will work or not at the desk.. but at the end I became it.

So I would suggest you call or even try to go to the Departement where you obtain your driver license and check what is really needed!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'm not expert, but if you haven't been doing your 90 day reporting, then I believe you need to get your certificate from your embassy.  (It's actually an affirmation of residency.  Basically you stating that you live somewhere, and the embassy taking a hefty fee for putting that on paper.)

How does that work? Does the embassy have fill-in-the-blanks Certificates of Residency? Or do I just type something up freehand, like:" I certify that I live at address such and such."? Then have them certify my signature.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JimGant said:

How does that work? Does the embassy have fill-in-the-blanks Certificates of Residency? Or do I just type something up freehand, like:" I certify that I live at address such and such."? Then have them certify my signature.

The US embassy had one before that was a fill the blanks affidavit but I cannot find it now. They only have a blank affidavit now.

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/blank-affidavit-bangkok-january-2019.pdf

• Like 1