Crackdown on "Non-Ed" visas - don't turn up for class more than three times and face expulsion

webfact

7 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Ok, I thought that was what you meant but, I think poanoi's comments were about Thailand and some of it's language teachers.

Yea that could be a bit off a problem,,That works both ways,, It the teacher doesn't speak the language properly of that of the student than he can't explain what he's Teaching.. I see that every day around here Teachers Trying to teach English and can't explain , one can't even have a conversation  because one can't understand  the pupils  They don't Speak English,, Only Tinglish

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/23/2018 at 1:42 PM, Airbagwill said:

niggardly and pernickety attitudes

Thats what earns the Thai Government Millions of Baht worldwide in Visa Fees, and it will never change as long as theres Money to be made.

• 2 months later...
I know that this thread will soon feature many people talking about abuse of the immigration system and how they should all be thrown out of the country. Fine.

A few years back, before I hit 50 years old, I had an ED visa and it was great! I went to my classes and got a firm, if not solid, foundation in the Thai language and greatly expanded my knowledge of Thai culture. I also was able to stay in the country, paying rent and spending money while taking absolutely nothing from a Thai person.

Yes, the ED visa has been abused; no one would argue that. But, it was also a good thing sometimes.

As with everything, honest people respect the rules and host country. Dishonest people take advantage of every opportunity to cheat the system and disrespect the host. Too bad the smalk minority cause are the problem, but the crackdowns affect everyone. A couple thousand more arrests each month might dissuade the cheaters and hopefully decide to go seek residence elsewhere.

• 5 months later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:46 AM, Cadbury said:

Far from being a "big joke" it seems he is at least one Thai policeman doing his job. Pity the other 229,999 can't manage likewise. 

Someone high up will soon wake up he needs putting back in his box as he will bring shame and embarrassment to all the other layabouts, freeloaders and extorters of the RTP.

He

On 3/23/2018 at 4:47 AM, new2here said:

I agree. I don't think the answer is to eliminate the ED (or any other category of) visa itself - but rather to have clear, objective and consistent application and enforcement of whatever are the established rules.

Yes, I know that this is Thailand, but I think that doing spot checks / crackdowns or whatever you want to call it - is good.. those who ARE in compliance really have no issues.

I have a few friends who've come here for short summer stays - and done a language course over that time (and used the ED as their basis for entry/stay).. they paid decent money for the course and as such, attended pretty much every class.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He seems to be doing a good job and at least taking time to describe his hard work to the press. Maybee lots of Thai policemen who get accused of being Lanzhou work as hard as Big Joke, but don't have the capacitymrea crews to prove it.

Archived