Disgusting! Thais making a profit from rabies as people die in agony

webfact

Disgusting! Thais making a profit from rabies as people die in agony

561000003015008.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Thai media Manager has claimed that middlemen are making money out of the rabies crisis by hoarding stocks and waiting for the price to rise.

They asked: "Is there anything, any suffering, that Thais won't try to make money out of?"

They called it disgusting. 

The scandal comes at a time when people and animals are dying from the deadly disease and in desperate need of vaccine throughout the country.

561000003015009.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

And, they say, one of those concerned is the wife of a formed deputy director of the Department of Livestock Development.

She was not named but was dealing in the vaccine before she was blacklisted.

The minister at Agriculture and Cooperatives has played down the allegations. Lak Wojanawach said that the government were not damaged and the investigation mounted in 2016 is closed and settled. The deputy director left the department, he said.

But Manager said that was hardly the point. People were dying and supplies were needed and prosecutions should be considered.

They said that the woman held onto supplies in hopes that the price would rise and she could make money out of a desperate need for the shots.

It relates to 1 million shots of the vaccine - much of which has been found to be out of date and thus possibly ineffective.

The rabies epidemic has affected dozens of provinces and caused at least six human deaths.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-23

2 minutes ago, humbug said:

27,000 thais die of road accidents each year

6 thais have died of rabies this year. If people are afraid of dying we all know where the best chances are to be had.

They are not afraid to die.

A man did something similar to this in the US. He bought a certain drug company and then pushed the prices way up. Because a person did it in another country, we cannot criticize people doing it in this country................apparently. I'm sure the family and friends of the deceased will feel much better knowing this. 

So much for Thai ruk Thai. 

46 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

As recently highlighted in the States....the case of a pharmaceutical baron being imprisoned for similar deeds.

You're probably referring to Martin Shkreli, but whilst his actions in regard to price hiking did make him a pariah, they were legal. He went to prison for securities fraud for actions he committed long prior to that.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

A man did something similar to this in the US. He bought a certain drug company and then pushed the prices way up. Because a person did it in another country, we cannot criticize people doing it in this country................apparently. I'm sure the family and friends of the deceased will feel much better knowing this. 

Probably the one you are talking about, refer to post #13.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Listen to your wife or gf speak to other Thai's 3 main subjects,money,food,and the lottery.That's why i have not bothered to learn more Thai than i need to get by,what in the hell would i talk to them about.But sure money No1.

Sleep must be #4?

4 hours ago, humbug said:

6 thais have died of rabies this year. If people are afraid of dying we all know where the best chances are to be had.

no  vaccination  for "stooopid"  available though:biggrin:

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Listen to your wife or gf speak to other Thai's 3 main subjects,money,food,and the lottery.That's why i have not bothered to learn more Thai than i need to get by,what in the hell would i talk to them about.But sure money No1.

This is one of my favorite things about Thailand. I’ve never been particularly fond of other humans; what better than to be living in a land when you can’t understand a single spoken word. It is almost bliss. 

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sadly, where money is concerned, nothing here is sacred and it is difficult to see that changing anytime soon. Profit tops morality pretty much all the time.

That equates to 100% of the world, money speeks all languages, poverty don't

On 3/22/2018 at 9:14 PM, rkidlad said:

That guy in the U.S. is in prison.

It can't be  a Thai person withholding vaccine hoping for a price rise  -- quoting a statement from one of the main guys in Thailand a while back, "no Thai would do this"  - so better find a few scapegoats to blame. 

On 23/03/2018 at 10:00 AM, humbug said:

Yeah, but where can I find a rabid dog to hang out with instead of driving on the road?

Archived