Good Mattress

been2c

Will someone please direct me to where I can purchase a good mattress please. The ones available out here in the sticks don't last and I end miserable trying to get a bit more life from it. I was set to buy a fairly expensive mattress from Central but they called after the fact and raised the price 10,000 baht I guess a farang surcharge. That of course didn't fly. A car dealer tried that with me before. I have tried searching for where hotels might buy mattress but only find bulk sales.

I weigh 90ish kilo so I need something substantial. My wife wont let order online. Any help appreciated.

10,000 baht is still cheap for a decent mattress here - we just purchased two from a furniture shop near Kumtieng and they were 12,000 baht each but they were pillow top with decent inner springs. They also had there a memory foam one which was super soft but 18,000 baht though. If you come down from the north east corner of the moat going to Kum Tieng garden market (behind the Tesco Lotus) the furniture shop is on the right before the first set of traffic lights.

2 minutes ago, wadsy said:

10,000 baht is still cheap for a decent mattress here - we just purchased two from a furniture shop near Kumtieng and they were 12,000 baht each but they were pillow top with decent inner springs. They also had there a memory foam one which was super soft but 18,000 baht though. If you come down from the north east corner of the moat going to Kum Tieng garden market (behind the Tesco Lotus) the furniture shop is on the right before the first set of traffic lights.

I think the guy said raised the price 10.000.. i n my book that is adding an extra 10.000.. if only 10.000 in total its too cheap for a good mattress. 

Unfortunately I sleep badly in general, so i make sure my bed and room are of the best quality i can buy. I really like my natural latex mattress . I even bought a second one for my guest room. (sometimes I have to sleep in the guest room when my parents are here).

I buy most of my quilts and pillows in Ikea, i am lucky that an IKEA just openend 4km from my home. The quality of the quilts and pillows and the wide selection make IKEA perfect for m. You can have cheap quilts or more expensive ones, the same goes for pillows. Because IKEA is an international company they sell the same products all over, this makes it easy to find a review about the products. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Unfortunately I sleep badly in general, so i make sure my bed and room are of the best quality i can buy. I really like my natural latex mattress . I even bought a second one for my guest room. (sometimes I have to sleep in the guest room when my parents are here).

I buy most of my quilts and pillows in Ikea, i am lucky that an IKEA just openend 4km from my home. The quality of the quilts and pillows and the wide selection make IKEA perfect for m. You can have cheap quilts or more expensive ones, the same goes for pillows. Because IKEA is an international company they sell the same products all over, this makes it easy to find a review about the products. 

This would be ideal!... Curious will Your Ikea deliver to Chiang Mai... Where the OP is located and post in that forum?... :coffee1:

Just now, sfokevin said:

This would be ideal!... Curious will Your Ikea deliver to Chiang Mai... Where the OP is located and post in that forum?... :coffee1:

I think you can get things delivered from IKEA.. not sure how far they will go but people can arrange things themselves too. It all depends what value you place on a good nights rest.

I see that IKEA delivers also in other parts of Thailand.. but it does not give a price for Chang Mai.

https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_TH/customer-service/our-services/picking-and-delivery.html

1 minute ago, been2c said:

Thanks sfokevin it's marked on my map.

robblok I sure agree about buying quality and it is sometimes hard here. I had not seen an Ikea but I will look for one.

The problem is there is no IKEA in Chang mai, so far only BKK but they do deliver all over the place. But for a mattress i can also recommend latex innovation. 

18 minutes ago, been2c said:

NOt 10.000 for the mattress they raised the near 30,000 baht by 10,00.

I have the right solution for you.

I bought one 100% latex mattress from Homepro. Cost me around 2x,000 but it was worth it. latex mattress don't sag after using if for ten years.

Don't buy those with latex with only a few inches on top and the rest are foam, ask for latex from top to bottom , these are more expensive.

These mattresses are hard to find because the sales people keep pushing those cheap spring type mattress which don't last long.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you can get things delivered from IKEA.. not sure how far they will go but people can arrange things themselves too. It all depends what value you place on a good nights rest.

I see that IKEA delivers also in other parts of Thailand.. but it does not give a price for Chang Mai.

https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_TH/customer-service/our-services/picking-and-delivery.html

IKEA usually sells spring type mattresses. Just go to Homepro.

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

IKEA usually sells cheaply-made mattresses. Just go to Homepro.

I beg to differ the quality of IKEA is better as homepro, it depends of course on what ones you buy. Ikea has crap and good quality.. you get what you pay for.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I beg to differ the quality of IKEA is better as homepro, it depends of course on what ones you buy. Ikea has crap and good quality.. you get what you pay for.

Sorry, what I meant was spring type mattresses. Do they have 100% latex?

Once you are on 100% latex, you don't want to go back to spring anymore. It's long lasting and comfortable but price is more expensive than spring-type.

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Sorry, what I meant was spring type mattresses. Do they have 100% latex?

Once you are on 100% latex, you don't want to go back to spring anymore. It's long lasting and comfortable but price is more expensive than spring-type.

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/80269344/  (not latex)

I sleep on latex from latex innovations and I love it, I just gave IKEA as an option because unlike home pro you can google a mattress and read reviews. 

I don't think I want to go back to spring, after latex, but its not for everyone some think its too soft. 

IMHO i think its just good to have many options to choose from so please do go to home pro too. My problem with home pro and such is you never know if you get value for money. There are no reviews ect. At least in a store as IKEA you know that they sell products world wide. 

But I agree IKEA does have crap i just don't go for the cheapest stuff.

I tried a latex mattress once back in Europe and returned it within a week because it made me sweat. I would never even think of getting another.
Here I bought a fancy brand-name spring mattress from Index for 20,000B which was too hard and very uncomfortable. No returns possible here, of course!
So I got a 6,000B foam mattress from Ikea that I use on top of the expensive Index one. That was several years ago and it's still perfect. I weigh well over 100kg.

One advantage of the foam Ikea mattress is that it is light and comes rolled up and so is quite easily transportable in a car or on a bus. You could probably even check it onto a plane.

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ikea in Bangkok has a wide range of good quality. Because its widely used all over the world you can find reviews too.

I bought a big natural latex matrass from http://latexinnovations.com/

I am still happy with it i believe both companies deliver everywhere for a price.

My experience is that you can get just about any mattress and put on a latex topper (mine was 3" or 7.5cm) from the site mentioned above.  l am very pleased with it.  My guests sleep long and well. 

If you go this route you'll  need to get deep pocket 12" sheets.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't think I want to go back to spring, after latex, but its not for everyone some think its too soft. 

I

100% Latex is not soft. In fact, it is heavy and dense. Those soft mattresses aren't 100% latex.

Good for someone with large body.

I am sleeping on one 100% latex everynight now and it's so comfortable because it doesn't sink when we move our body like spring-type mattresses.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I tried a latex mattress once back in Europe and returned it within a week because it made me sweat. I would never even think of getting another.

I think the sweat comes from your polyester mattress cover.

Choose a cotton mattress cover which I am using and it's cooling. 

7 minutes ago, amexpat said:

My experience is that you can get just about any mattress and put on a latex topper (mine was 3" or 7.5cm) from the site mentioned above.  l am very pleased with it.  My guests sleep long and well. 

If you go this route you'll  need to get deep pocket 12" sheets.

Yes, you can buy a latex topper but the bottom is still made of spring and foam which will sink after a few years.

Those salespeople didn't tell you this. There's a reason why 100% latex is more expensive.

31 minutes ago, EricTh said:

100% Latex is not soft. In fact, it is heavy and dense. Those soft mattresses aren't 100% latex.

Good for someone with large body.

I am sleeping on one 100% latex everynight now and it's so comfortable because it doesn't sink when we move our body like spring-type mattresses.

like food how hard you like your mattress is personal. I got 100% latex and some who slept on it find it too soft. I dont find it too soft.

I think the sweat comes from your polyester mattress cover.

Choose a cotton mattress cover which I am using and it's cooling.

I used the same polycotton sheets and mattress cover on the latex mattress as I did on the previous and subsequent mattresses, both of which had springs and both of which caused me no trouble. I'm still using the same type of sheets from the same manufacturer here in Thailand. So I think it must have been the mattress that made me sweat.

Back in the 70s and on the farm in NZ we had latex mattresses.  They were very heavy and back then they were way cheaper than innersprung  mattresses.

Oh my how times have changed!

We've got an innersprung mattress with a pillow top at the moment and I love it. It's only 6 years old and still in good shape. I weigh about 95kg.  No dead spots yet!

I too found latex to be a 'hot' mattress.  However others find them alright.

Each to there own...pity there is not a firm here that does trial offers.  I remember seeing years ago ads that did just that.  Good marketing ploy.

We recently bought a Dunlopillow Mattress called Grace from Homepro and it’s honestly the best mattress we’ve ever had, including a ludicrously expensive one from John Lewis in the UK. Delivery was free and I think the 6ft version was about 25,000. Hubby has a horrendous degenerating back condition and he’s sleeping like a baby for the first time in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Riojasue said:

We recently bought a Dunlopillow Mattress called Grace from Homepro and it’s honestly the best mattress we’ve ever had, including a ludicrously expensive one from John Lewis in the UK. Delivery was free and I think the 6ft version was about 25,000.

Dunlopillo usually produces only good quality latex mattresses in the past.

Not sure about now.

9 hours ago, Riojasue said:

We recently bought a Dunlopillow Mattress called Grace from Homepro and it’s honestly the best mattress we’ve ever had, including a ludicrously expensive one from John Lewis in the UK. Delivery was free and I think the 6ft version was about 25,000. Hubby has a horrendous degenerating back condition and he’s sleeping like a baby for the first time in years.

25,000 baht is a good buy. Which homepro branch did you buy it from?

I need to buy a second mattress for my second room.

25,000 baht is a good buy. Which homepro branch did you buy it from?
I need to buy a second mattress for my second room.

We live in Khon Kaen and it was on offer. It’s pocket sprung which is fantastic for me as I spin like a top when I’m asleep and it doesn’t rock the whole bed. Also I’ve had bad experiences of overheating with memory foam mattresses before so wanted a mattress that didn’t heat me up. This mattress doesn’t retain the heat either.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, Riojasue said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The best I ever had was a Dunlopillow..:stoner:

Archived