Pension payment - Non Resident

Putmak

I take it you mean you are classed as Non resident for Tax by HMRC?

No reason you cannot be paid into your UK account if you have one unless your private pension provider has some restrictions. Unlikely if it was originally based on working and paid in the UK.

7 minutes ago, topt said:

I take it you mean you are classed as Non resident for Tax by HMRC?

No reason you cannot be paid into your UK account if you have one unless your private pension provider has some restrictions. Unlikely if it was originally based on working and paid in the UK.

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is what I meant, Non Resident for Tax by HMRC. My private pension has been paid into my UK account for some years now. I guess the next question is will Santander be happy to keep my UK account open with a Thai address ?......only one way to find out.....

Re. addresses --- Don't know about Santander but I bank with NatWest in UK. I'm sure they all have slightly different foreign address policies, though.

I switch my address about from time to time between a Thai address and a UK one.

90% of the time they have my Thai address but when (e.g.) I have to receive a new debit card, which they won't send to Thailand, I change the address for my brother's in UK and they send it there. He then forwards it. Some time later, I change back again. Been doing that for nearly 10 years now.

Archived