‘Drunk’ man’s legs amputated by train in Ayutthaya

rooster59

‘Drunk’ man’s legs amputated by train in Ayutthaya

By The Nation

A man described by police as being drunk sat on a railway track in Ayutthaya’s Muang district Saturday morning in an apparent suicide attempt and was severely injured when a train amputated both of his legs.

Police said the incident happened at 9.30am on a railway in front of Wat Koh Kaew in Tambon Kamang.

The man was identified as Atthapol Maiyawan, 34, from Surin. He fainted shortly after the incident.

Narit Puksor, the driver of the Bangkok-bound train from Lop Buri, parked his train after the incident. He told police that he saw a man sitting with his legs hanging over the track so he opened the train’s whistle to signal the man to move away.

Narit said he tried to stop the train after the man did not move but the train was running at full speed and its momentum prevented it from stopping in time.

Police suspect the man intended to commit suicide.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30341658

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-24

Police probe whether a man intentionally allows his legs to be ran over by a train

train.jpg

Ayutthaya police are investigating whether a man who had his two legs crushed by a train in Muang district of Ayutthaya on Saturday (March 24) was an accident or an intentional act by the victim.

The man, identified by police as Mr Atthapol Maiwan, 34, was a native of Surin province.  He was said to be still in serious condition at the provincial hospital and unable to talk with the police.

However, witnesses who are living near the scene of the incident, told police that they saw him wandering at the scene, about three kilometres from Ayutthaya railway station, before the arrival of the Bangkok-bound diesel train.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-probe-whether-man-intentionally-allows-legs-ran-train/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-25

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

that has got to hurt.

it is too bad in this world that people can't get the help they need before it leads to this.

You are so right.

"sometimes" a friendly conversation could change a mind before this act of despair.

I wonder if the train driver will be getting any counselling, I though not ...

At times like this he just becomes a passenger. He can't stop, he can't swerve, all he can do is operate the horn and hope the obstruction moves on.

21 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

You are so right.

"sometimes" a friendly conversation could change a mind before this act of despair.

True, but it should be equally accepted that people have the right to die if they choose too. It should be available and in a better way as can be done now.

1 minute ago, Ron19 said:

A number of uncaring troll posts and answers to them have been removed.

Please show some concern for the injured party no matter what the circumstances were.

I see no humor in what has been posted.

Ron 19, spot on mate, why some posters get kicks out of somebody elses misfortune is beyond me.

As i have already posted the poor man obviously has some issues that he needed help with.

Archived