Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Once Bitten

Whats wrong with you foreigners

Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, transam said:

One thing I have noticed when browsing the shelves at Tesco on my own is that if a farang/Thai couple cross my path I always smile at them. A few times the farang just ignores me BUT their lady has clocked my friendliness and smiled back.Perhaps it's my hansumness, he don't like it but she does...

You must realise that this will cause an awkward situation for the couple , which will lead to suspicion and distrust between them : "Who was that felang you were smiling at in Tescos" "Never seen him before " "I dont believe you" .

   You must know that this may cause some issues , awkwardness or make others feel uncomfortable , its quite possible that you do this on purpose , take enjoyment about making others feel uncomfortable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, transam said:

One thing I have noticed when browsing the shelves at Tesco on my own is that if a farang/Thai couple cross my path I always smile at them. A few times the farang just ignores me BUT their lady has clocked my friendliness and smiled back.Perhaps it's my hansumness, he don't like it but she does...

You must realise that this will cause an awkward situation for the couple , which will lead to suspicion and distrust between them : "Who was that felang you were smiling at in Tescos" "Never seen him before " "I dont believe you" .

   You must know that this may cause some issues , awkwardness or make others feel uncomfortable , its quite possible that you do this on purpose , take enjoyment about making others feel uncomfortable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:03 PM, sanemax said:

You must realise that this will cause an awkward situation for the couple , which will lead to suspicion and distrust between them : "Who was that felang you were smiling at in Tescos" "Never seen him before " "I dont believe you" .

   You must know that this may cause some issues , awkwardness or make others feel uncomfortable , its quite possible that you do this on purpose , take enjoyment about making others feel uncomfortable

Eeeeeeeer, I was smiling at the farang, so it could be the other way round...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeeer, I was smiling at the farang, so it could be the other way round..

You did state that you smile at "them" : Both of them .

The felang would think *I dont know this guy, why is he smiling at my GF*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, sanemax said:

You did state that you smile at "them" : Both of them .

The felang would think *I dont know this guy, why is he smiling at my GF*

Good grief man....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, transam said:

Good grief man....

Do you walk around Tescos smiling at couples , when you are on your own, or, are you usually with someone else ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Once Bitten said:

So I'm now wondering if my recent experience of being ignored by other foreigners is some thing that others here have come across . When your out and about do you try and say some thing even its just a quick simple Hi to other foreigners you come across or do you tend to try and pass any approaching foreigners and you stay silent .

 

Why would I want to speak to a racist who only says 'hello' to other white folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:56 PM, sanemax said:

Do you walk around Tescos smiling at couples , when you are on your own, or, are you usually with someone else ?

I think you do not have your head in gear, in fact I think you are posting from an East London pub frightened to take your nose out your beer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rott said:

Are you describing sanemax.?

That is a bit unfair .

If I see someone who is lost or looks like they need a assistance , more often than not , I will ask them whether they need any help , and even go out my way to walk them to where they want to go .

   I am quite happy to help people who need any assistance , and dont offer assistance based on their skin colour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 12:14 AM, sanemax said:

That is a bit unfair .

If I see someone who is lost or looks like they need a assistance , more often than not , I will ask them whether they need any help , and even go out my way to walk them to where they want to go .

   I am quite happy to help people who need any assistance , and dont offer assistance based on their skin colour 

So now you are scanning farangs, just in case.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 12:14 AM, transam said:

I think you do not have your head in gear, in fact I think you are posting from an East London pub frightened to take your nose out your beer...

And if I were in an East London pub drinking a beer, you wouldnt smile at me, as I walked past , so, no need to smile at me in Tescos in Thailand either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 12:19 AM, sanemax said:

And if I were in an East London pub drinking a beer, you wouldnt smile at me, as I walked past , so, no need to smile at me in Tescos in Thailand either

But it's OK for you to be nosy in a LOS Tesco to see if a farang and his bird can't find something, but you make sure you're not smiling....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't your mum tell you not to talk to strangers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 12:27 AM, starky said:

Didn't your mum tell you not to talk to strangers? 

Sure, but when adults we can do what we please...Well I did from the age of 15, I really liked strange girls from that age..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 12:17 AM, transam said:

So now you are scanning farangs, just in case.........

That doesnt follow .

I quite clearly stated that I will offer assistance to people of any skin colour , not just white people .

   More often than not, its young Chinese back-packers asking Thais for directions in broken English with a map in their hand . And I would either point them in the right direction or walk with them to where they want to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...