Non-o (guardian) visa.

Hello everyone!

Tell me, please, to receiving this kind of visa, there are conditions to show 500k on the account for at least 30 days
Is it necessary to keep this money in Thai bank account?
Or will be enough to provide official certificate from your Embassy which confirming availability of this amount on your other accounts not in Thai banks.
(this method works fine with a pension visa, but i dont find about Non-o (guardian) visa.).

Thanks in advance. 

There is no “guardian” visa. You can get a visa/permit to stay as the parent of a Thai.

Are you asking about a ‘visa’ to enter the country or an ‘extension of stay’ having already entered the country?

6 hours ago, Faeton said:

Tell me, please, to receiving this kind of visa, there are conditions to show 500k on the account for at least 30 days
Is it necessary to keep this money in Thai bank account?

Not sure what you are asking about. As said a guardian visa does not exist.

The 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days is for the first extension of stay based upon being the parent of the child that is on an extension based upon attending school. Immigration  will only accept the 500k baht being in a Thai bank.

To get a single entry non-o visa at an embassy or consulate needed to apply for the extension there should be no requirement to show financial proof.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you are asking about. As said a guardian visa does not exist.

The 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days is for the first extension of stay based upon being the parent of the child that is on an extension based upon attending school. Immigration  will only accept the 500k baht being in a Thai bank.

To get a single entry non-o visa at an embassy or consulate needed to apply for the extension there should be no requirement to show financial proof.

That's not quite true. 

If you can show reasonable proof that you are supporting and caring for a thai child ,you can get a parent visa. 

Parent in thai can mean grandmother or uncle, or friend which basically means the guardian of the child. Government schools have a seperate section for parent, under the section mother, father. But I suspect you need to be on the same house registration book as the child. 

17 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That's not quite true. 

You will not find guardian listed as a basis to get visa or extension of stay. They only mention parents (mother or father), spouses and children.

In this case it is for being the parent of a foreign child attending school. A parent would not be a guardian.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

If you can show reasonable proof that you are supporting and caring for a thai child ,you can get a parent visa. 

Not true.

The type of visa/extension of stay being discussed has nothing to do with "supporting or caring" for a Thai child. They are granted based on relationship, and you will not get either based on being a parent unless you have proof of that relationship. They do not accept "reasonable proof". In the case of a parent wanting an extension of stay they need to provide definitive proof of their legal relationship (parenthood).

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Parent in thai can mean grandmother or uncle, or friend which basically means the guardian of the child.

Parent in Thai means parent. Nothing else. To be a "guardian" means being granted legal responsibility for a child.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

Not true.

The type of visa/extension of stay being discussed has nothing to do with "supporting or caring" for a Thai child. They are granted based on relationship, and you will not get either based on being a parent unless you have proof of that relationship. They do not accept "reasonable proof". In the case of a parent wanting an extension of stay they need to provide definitive proof of their legal relationship (parenthood).

Parent in Thai means parent. Nothing else. To be a "guardian" means being granted legal responsibility for a child.

Well on my government school document the list of contact people to my throw away son is..

Mother. 

Father. 

Parent. 

I am listed as the parent and it has a side note to specify the relationship of that. 

In the leaving document of g6 to M1, I am also listed as the parent and mother and father are not mentioned. 

That's because his house registration is with my name and house. 

The visa I was referring to is the caring for a thai child version. 

I understand the op was asking about a guardian visa. But I am wondering if he is referring to the caring for a thai child, so I mentioned that possibility. 

By the way the definition of parent even in English states grandparent, stepparent, adoptive parent, so the visa is called a parent visa anyone in the above category showing difinitive proof that they are a parent are entitled. 

Proof would be the same house registration. Evidence of school fees in your name, medical and dental receipts of the child in your name. Evidence of the income used to support the child. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Well on my government school document the list of contact people to my throw away son is..

Mother. 

Father. 

Parent. 

I am listed as the parent and it has a side note to specify the relationship of that. 

In the leaving document of g6 to M1, I am also listed as the parent and mother and father are not mentioned. 

All irrelevant in terms of visas/permits and a foreigner wanting permission to enter/stay in the country to visit their child.

The visa I was referring to is the caring for a thai child version. 

Again, there is no such visa or extension of stay available to 'care' for a Thai child. Parents can apply to visit/stay with their child regardless of who 'cares' for the child or financially supports the child. The visa/permit is granted based solely on relationship. In order for a 'parent' to get a 1 year extension of stay to visit their child they must be the legal parent. A grandparent or anyone else that cares for the child would not qualify unless they had legally been granted parental rights.

By the way the definition of parent even in English states grandparent, stepparent, adoptive parent, so the visa is called a parent visa anyone in the above category showing difinitive proof that they are a parent are entitled. 

Not sure what dictionary you got that from, but a 'grandparent' is a grandparent and not a parent! 

Proof would be the same house registration. Evidence of school fees in your name, medical and dental receipts of the child in your name. Evidence of the income used to support the child. 

Wrong and more misunderstanding/misinformation. Again, it doesn't matter who cares for, or financially supports, the child, a visa/extension of stay will only be issued to the parent. It's the relationship that counts, and the ability of the foreign parent to be able to fund their 1 year stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

All irrelevant in terms of visas/permits and a foreigner wanting permission to enter/stay in the country to visit their child.

Again, there is no such visa or extension of stay available to 'care' for a Thai child. Parents can apply to visit/stay with their child regardless of who 'cares' for the child or financially supports the child. The visa/permit is granted based solely on relationship. In order for a 'parent' to get a 1 year extension of stay to visit their child they must be the legal parent. A grandparent or anyone else that cares for the child would not qualify unless they had legally been granted parental rights.

Not sure what dictionary you got that from, but a 'grandparent' is a grandparent and not a parent! 

Wrong and more misunderstanding/misinformation. Again, it doesn't matter who cares for, or financially supports, the child, a visa/extension of stay will only be issued to the parent. It's the relationship that counts, and the ability of the foreign parent to be able to fund their 1 year stay. 

Stepparent is a parent. 

21 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Stepparent is a parent. 

But not under the rules for getting visas and extension of stay. If you check the required documents for them you will see that the proof of relationship is a child's birth certificate which must show the person making the application is mother or father of the child.