BANGKOK 16 June 2019 13:31
bahtboy

TM30 again. Pattaya specific. Definitive answer required.

Songkran is coming up, and like many here I shall be leaving the Country for 10 days. I live in a rented condo and have always kept my records and Immi visits up to date. I was under the impression that I would have to do a TM30 report when I come back, but as I am re-entering the Kingdom on the evening of Friday 20th. April, the first opportunity to report would be the following Monday. Voicing my concerns about Immi being very crowded on that day, a friend told me I didn't have to report. Now I'm confused again and would like one of the better informed members on here to give me a definitive answer as to whether I should report or not. I'm sure it would be of interest to the many who are due to escape Songkran. Regards, bahtboy.

There have been so many different post about what Jomtien wants.

If you are on long stay extension they do not seem to want a TM30 form every time you enter the country.

If on a tourist visa and visa exempt entities they seem to want them.

Monday the 23rd should not be any worse than any other Monday. By then immigration would of been open from the 17th to the 20th.

I've never submitted a TM30 to Jomtien always had Non-O visa or extension.

Sorry but definitive answer is difficult.

The recommendation is to submit a TM30... that said, last time I entered the country, I didn't.

Anyhow, I thought the condo owner was responsible.

Edited by jacko45k

I asked the same question about the TM30 in Jomtien soi 5 the other week and was told that if I left the country then I must submit a new TM30 on my return. You can ask Immigration, but I think that reporting the TM30 the next working day at Immigration would be ok, as it is for every other report.

• Like 1

So much conflicting advice. I think even Immi don't know their own rules. As for me, I think I'll pass. I can afford a 1600 baht fine if it ever comes to that, which I now think it won't.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, anglesea said:

I just retuned from a 5 week trip to Australia. Went to Immigration and was told that people on retirement visas do not need to report unless they change their address.

Which office did you go to?

The last time I went to Jomtien Immigration for an extension of a tourist visa I was given the attached notice. I own my own condo and the officer said I should have reported to immigration within 24hrs, but they will allow up to 3 days. If you are in a hotel she said they will do it for you.

It does say in the notice "foreign nationals on a temporary basis", whether this means people on a 1 year extension (retirement) is any ones guess, because really it is still temporary.

IMG_20180327_0003.jpg

43 minutes ago, anglesea said:

I just retuned from a 5 week trip to Australia. Went to Immigration and was told that people on retirement visas do not need to report unless they change their address.

To clarify, that means they're OK with your next address report being 90 days after you reentered Thailand and not the original date on the form before the trip, correct? 

2 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

I asked the same question about the TM30 in Jomtien soi 5 the other week and was told that if I left the country then I must submit a new TM30 on my return. You can ask Immigration, but I think that reporting the TM30 the next working day at Immigration would be ok, as it is for every other report.

What sort of visa or extension or whatever is in your passport applies to this instruction? As noted earlier by Ubonjoe, there's evidence that long-term permissions to stay such as O-A and non-O extensions for marriage and/or retirement are not required to run around getting a new TM30 files as soon as they get back.

FWIW, when I lived in Pattaya (last 1-year retirement extension filed with them in early 2017), I had 3 consecutive extensions and never, ever had to bother with the TM30's despite being in and out of the country maybe 4 or 5 times each year.

Thanks!

NL

1 hour ago, anglesea said:

This makes sense.

I relocated to Udon Thani early last year about 1 month after my last retirement extension at Jomtiem was issued. At my subsequent first extension renewal at Udon Thani this year, I was asked to sign a TM30 and they stapled the receipt bit into my passport. No word about having to do it every time I cam back home and no mention of being fined for not telling them I had moved to Udon about 11 months earlier either.

31 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

It does say in the notice "foreign nationals on a temporary basis", whether this means people on a 1 year extension (retirement) is any ones guess, because really it is still temporary.

For purposes of TM30's, a Tourist visa is 'temporary basis' visa and TM30 re-submission applies. I guess ED visas are in the same boat? Looks like the 1-year extension of stay for marriage and/or retirement and a 1-year OA avoids the TM30 sting as they are not a "temporary basis" visa?

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This makes sense.

I relocated to Udon Thani early last year about 1 month after my last retirement extension at Jomtiem was issued. At my subsequent first extension renewal at Udon Thani this year, I was asked to sign a TM30 and they stapled the receipt bit into my passport. No word about having to do it every time I came back home and no mention of being fined for not telling them I had moved to Udon about 11 months earlier either.

This is getting confusing. I have a METV and live in a private rental. My first trip back, my real estate agent did my report for me, the second time I did it. I went to report on the third time and was told that as I am only in Thailand for less than 30 days, I don't have to report. So I didn't bother last time either. I fly in fly out for work and the longest i am in Thailand is 3 weeks. When I left a few weeks ago, nothing was said at immigration at BKK. We'll see what happens in 3 weeks when I come back in.