Israeli Embassy Outreach to Educate Thai Students about Holocaust

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No problem if doing a comprehensive course about the state of Israel. There are many both good and bad things in that history as pretty much all countries. You're focused only on the negative of course, and predictably, conflate the state of Israel with all Jews in general. A great example actually of how criticism of Israel quite often bleeds into hate rhetoric, which agree or not, is how I would characterize your obnoxious phrase -- 

History has taught the Jews nothing

But in the context of this thread, you didn't even try to suggest that Thai students shouldn't be taught about the holocaust, so good on you for that. 

I think you need to stay calm and not overreact to every opinion that disagrees a bit with yours. Criticism isn't "hate rhetoric". There's only so many people you can put in your 'ignore' list. It's better to have an honest discussion that includes Israel's wrongs as well as their achievements than to act uptight and shut down debate.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you need to stay calm and not overreact to every opinion that disagrees a bit with yours. Criticism isn't "hate rhetoric". There's only so many people you can put in your 'ignore' list. It's better to have an honest discussion that includes Israel's wrongs as well as their achievements than to act uptight and shut down debate.

I'm calm. What that post that I was replying to did was to selectively post a list of items that taken out of context would inflame people to think that Jews in general in the world are racist against black people. That is not true and such garbage demands pushback.

My ignore list is none of you business. Kindly desist from any future such personal commentaries.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This whole ' Educate the Thai people'  rhetoric is just politics.

And Israel is very good at this.

Another term widely used is ' Spin' 

Make the story about how good we are, educating the people.

While the reason - unstated and behind the scene - is to keep the ' Oh Poor Us'  out in front while we commit the very same acts that we are educating people about.

Two Faced ? - not nearly enough Faces

And for all those heavy on the ' Ignore" button - I did not once use the J word

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, it's out there.

That's current events.

We're talking about HISTORY in this thread.

his·to·ry
noun: history; plural noun: histories
1. the study of past events, particularly in human affairs.

If it happened yesterday it is history

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, I see. :shock1:

Off the rails time.

Yalla bye! 

yalla.png.4ca303fba76bec730e1687709dc43bd0.png

No need for such histrionics. Get yourself back on the rails.

This is a debate and discussion forum with a diversity of views, so some opinions may differ from yours. Just like in the real world. Don't get upset about that.

The problem with this is, that it gives an impression that WW2 was all about Nazis Vs Jews and that there were no other aspects regarding that war.

In-fact the official numbers of people killed during the Holocaust were 11 million, that included 5 million non-Jews. 20 million Russians both civilians and military died in WW2 plus Poland lost a third of it`s population. Therefore all aspects of WW2 should be taught at educational institutions, schools, colleges and Universities, as the murders of 6 million Jews was only a part of it.

1 hour ago, chippendale said:

No need for such histrionics. Get yourself back on the rails.

This is a debate and discussion forum with a diversity of views, so some opinions may differ from yours. Just like in the real world. Don't get upset about that.

You missed the deleted posts. Keep your personal advice to yourself. I don't want to hear it. 

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

The problem with this is, that it gives an impression that WW2 was all about Nazis Vs Jews and that there were no other aspects regarding that war.

In-fact the official numbers of people killed during the Holocaust were 11 million, that included 5 million non-Jews. 20 million Russians both civilians and military died in WW2 plus Poland lost a third of it`s population. Therefore all aspects of WW2 should be taught at educational institutions, schools, colleges and Universities, as the murders of 6 million Jews was only a part of it.

Yes, as been discussed many times here already, a comprehensive history of WW2 should be taught.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, as been discussed many times here already, a comprehensive history of WW2 should be taught.

The Nazis with their hyper-inclination for racial beliefs almost entirely annihilated the Jews in Europe for their religious beliefs, which made a great deal of Jews feel alienated from Europe and Europeans, probably because they felt betrayed, because the German Nazis and Nazi-collaborators, being many of their non-Jewish compatriots turned on them, which gave momentum to Jewish nationalism and caused nationalists Jews to further their goal of creating a Jewish state that they now will defend at all costs. It is the same in other countries whereas Jews have been subject to brutalities and persecution just for simply being Jews. 

I am not Jewish but have great sympathies and understandings for the Jewish people and believe they deserve a homeland of their own.

Typical. A debate is happening. Read something you do not agree with ...

Do you discuss it - explain your opinion and ask the other party to explain theirs ?

NO - like a small child who does not get what he wants you pout and refuse to participate.

The topic title - "Israeli Embassy Outreach to Educate Thai Students about Holocaust"

- a branch of the Israeli Gov't - but drawing parallels between what this Gov't  plans to do in the topic title, and the subject matter they will discuss - and what was done to them in history - is off topic. When they are the exact same thing - barring the date, the location, and that the roles are reversed - is off topic.

This is not an opinion - this is fact. Maybe fact you do not want to hear, refuse to believe ...

Fact none the less.

Archived