Thai/US teen killed as motorcycle slams into back of 22 wheel truck in Pattaya

webfact

Thai/US teen killed as motorcycle slams into back of 22 wheel truck in Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

A 16 year old boy of mixed Thai and American heritage was killed when his motorcycle hit the back of a 22 wheel truck carrying concrete posts just after midnight Tuesday.

The boy was identified only as "James".

Attempts by rescue workers to revive him failed as he was pronounced dead on the road surface from head injury and other trauma.

Some 100 meters further down Sukhumvit Road near the turn to the Four Regions Floating market police found the victim's Honda Dream bike wedged into the back of the truck.

The needle on the speedometer was stuck at 100 kmph.

Witness Waraphat Inpong, 30, told police he had seen a large group of teens racing motorcycles along the road. They were weaving in and out overtaking on the right and left.

The victim failed to negotiate an overtaking move, he said.

Truck driver Romran Reuangrot, 38, is helping police with their inquiries and CCTV is being examined to get to the truth of what happened.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-28

Come on fellas lets show a bit of respect

A young lad has passed away & many of you may have young ones as well

I have a young lad but not at that age yet & we as parents are trying to bring these young ones up as best we can & hoping they will turn out ok & be the good one we would hope they would be.

It is a very hard job (especially for this man as a single parent ), & also for my wife as well as I am still in the working game abroad

But as we know the young one can stray a bit (thinking there's no harm being done ) until an unforseen event ( a bit like if your daughter came home pregnant ), how many of those have I heard

RIP James

RIP James

My Daughter attends the same School as James attended.

I know for a fact that he was a well liked young man, not only by the other students, but by his Tutors also.

And today there is a great feeling of sadness among them all over the tragic death of James.

Please show some respect for his Father and all his friends,

Archived