Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

7pm.jpg

Pictures: Daily News

A foreign man has set fire to his house and is then believed to have hanged himself in handcuffs after scribbling a goodbye message to his wife and her family on a wall.

The message next to the swinging body of the "40 year old man" said in English: "Are you happy now? You and your family have stolen everything from me including my daughter and my life. Now you have all exactly as you wanted."

71apm.jpg

Pictures: Daily News

Police and fire services were called to the house in Soi Sattahip Sukhumvit 13 (Rungroj) in the early hours of this morning. Two kilometers down at the foot of the soi at a two rai property they saw a house on fire.

It was completely destroyed along with a vehicle and a motorcycle.

At a ten meter tall water tower some three meters from the house they found the body of a man swinging from a nylon cord attached to a roof. He was handcuffed with his hands behind his back. His tongue was sticking out of his mouth.

He had jumped off a water container.

His goodbye message was on the wall of the tower. He is not known as all documents in the house were consumed in the fire said Daily News. Police are trying to ascertain who he was by finding his friends.

He was believed to be aged about 40.

Daily News said that he had contacted his wife on Line showing her a picture of him setting fire to the house.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-29

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tragic, poor man felt his only way out was suicide.

When you marry into the wrong family, and they get their claws in you, you are lost.

Been there, buyt had the sense to get on a plane and get out.

R.I.P. too young to die.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

He is not known as all documents in the house were consumed in the fire said Daily News. Police are trying to ascertain who he was by finding his friends.

Didn't he send a Line message to his wife?

She might know who he was.

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

The message next to the swinging body of the "40 year old man" said in English: "Are you happy now? You and your family have stolen everything from me including my daughter and my life. Now you have all exactly as you wanted."

Unfortunately, she probably is happy. 

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that he had contacted his wife on Line showing her a picture of him setting fire to the house.

That's pretty intense. Terrible that one can so lose control of ones senses and go to such sad and tragic extremes.

I hope he finds peace now.

3 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Unfortunately, she probably is happy. 

I don't think so unless she has insurance, and even then.. someone of the family setting fire deliberately might invalidate the insurance. Her husband is part of the family. If he was a stranger it would be better (insurance wise)

" The message next to the swinging body of the "40 year old man" said in English: "Are you happy now"?

depends if the land was paid for. And saved the cost of having her real husband having to hire a hit man.

I am still amazed at what a Thai will do for 50 baht.

This is yet another very sad story. I had a friend come over here when he got early retirement with all his money met a girl bought a house in her name then a few months down the line the guy he thought was her brother turns out to be her husband.Needless to stay her went home penniless and had to get emergency housing. At 40 years old he could have gone home and had a life ver very sad. One thing confuses me how are his hands cuffed. ??

30 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

How very sad.... It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family.. 

Shame he thought this was his only option !!!

There is a lesson to learn here, as tragic as his death is, and that message is, ONLY INVEST AS MUCH AS YOUR PREPARED TO LOSE

As long as you have funds in reserve, and if you don't have reserves, as long as your young as is the case here (40), you can walk away and start again, because no one on this earth is worth giving your life up for....RIP

9 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

How well does dating go for you after this?

”you were married? What happened?”

”oh, he just killed himself and burnt everything down and left a horrific suicide note...”.

I pity the next victim. One can picture such amoral creatures straight back on the horse and burning with the hatred and indignation of being wronged - by a foreigner no less - as she will likely perceive it. God help the next one.

So sad this story.

I have thought about ending it many times (my marriage not my life) but the beautiful daughter we have is always the tempering factor. The thoughts of leaving her to 'the family' keeps me going.

RIP feller.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There is a lesson to learn here, as tragic as his death is, and that message is, ONLY INVEST AS MUCH AS YOUR PREPARED TO LOSE

This guy obviously did that. Maybe the quote should say ONLY INVEST AS MUCH AS YOUR PREPARED TO LOSE finacially

Another on bites the dust....

Sad

But what is really really sad is, that another will arrive at the airport today ready to repeat this guy's mistakes...

No, no, no not her.....She is different....

Actually I think the real message here is take good care of yourself, particularly your mental health, and don't be afraid to reach out for help if you feel like you're struggling.  

Thoughts and condolences to his family and friends. 

Archived