Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the legal situation about that here?

If one spouse takes out a loan/loans without the knowledge or permission of the other spouse, and the funds are not spent/used for marital purposes, my understanding is the other spouse is not legally responsible.

I have often wondered if there are any legal recourse for foreigners? 

We are not married, she has requested this on occasions, 

but she always manages to miss things up, 

just when I'm starting to consider it, 

so in some way God is protecting me from going down that road.

I had obtained Social Security status back in 2003, while working @ the Hotel, 

and always made sure to make the payment each month, 

after I resigned from the hotel which sponsored my Social Security status. 

At one point in 2015, the misses decided it was best I give the payments to her, 

so she could make the payments for the coverage herself, 

since we had also made Social Security Insurance for her.

Not only was the insurance ideal for us, but it also provided life insurance for our Children; 

though not much @ just 100,000 bht, at least it was something, as I am getting older, 

and becoming more so concerned about my health, and their well being after I'm gone...

Each month I would dally out the 864 bht payments for the both of us, 

and she would leave to go make the payments in person at the local government office.

In 2017 I received a letter in the mail made out in my name, 

and since this is a rare occurrence, I asked my son to read it to me, 

since of course the letter was in Thai.

You just imagine, if you will, the surprise on my face when I found out that the misses had lapsed payment for over 3 months, therefore the insurance was canceled without any forewarning.

The point here is when the misses wants or acts like she is helping, 

it's usually for a reason, beyond what you would ever expect.

I don't drink alcohol, nor go out at night, 

and I thought I was diligent about the finances, 

but just when I thought I had discovered all her shortcomings, 

or tricks in her bag, she still managed and continues to this day, 

to surprise me in negative ways, beyond anything I would of ever expected.

If I was in my home country, I would of not hesitated to have gone to the police, 

on the Forza, since that was very straight forward, with me paying cash at the dealership, 

and owning the bike outright, just not in my own name, yet with her obtaining a loan against something that the dealership and my son, who was at the showroom at the time I bought it, 

all well knew who was purchasing the bike, and who it was to be for.

Here I think the police or courts would just have a great laugh in my face, 

where the Thai are set to always come out on top, as the winner.

The misses is well aware of my feeling of betrayal, yet it doesn't stop her from thinking I'm still not doing enough, as she continues to push me daily to help her fix her situation.

The stress factor alone climbs by the day, and at 52 years old, I don't know why my heart doesn't just stop beating from the overload of stress I feel placed under, as everyone we know, thinks this lady is a saint; when really she's the most evil I've ever encountered in my life time.

She actually attends Christian Church 3 times a week, 

so by all appearances she appears to be a saint on the outside.

Yet filled inside with tricks and demises beyond my wildest imagination. 

None of which are positive.

My only hope here is, that someone might read this, 

and it will help them to always keep their wits about them, 

remain with the protections in place, 

and be extremely vigilante about the people closest to their hearts.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to remebmber to think like the Thai family. She won't find peace... his ghost will haunt her and the family...or so they believe. He really got the last bit of revenge on her and the family. It does not matter how much merit they do they cannot escape their bad karma. He killed himself to screw with them. From the grave he spits at them. 

3 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

This is yet another very sad story. I had a friend come over here when he got early retirement with all his money met a girl bought a house in her name then a few months down the line the guy he thought was her brother turns out to be her husband.Needless to stay her went home penniless and had to get emergency housing. At 40 years old he could have gone home and had a life ver very sad. One thing confuses me how are his hands cuffed. ??

I used to have a set of handcuffs years ago and tried cuffing my hands behind my back myself.  It was pretty easy to do. He must have gotten rid of the key of course. Made sure he would not be able to do anything at the last moment if he changed his mind. Obviously a very determined fellow. 

6 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

We are not married

You didn't answer my original question... Why not just leave, quickly and quietly, and not tell her or give her any way to know where you've gone to .... far away... and even better, out of Thailand if possible!!!

11 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Not only here

I know where I'm from the police would look at who owns the papers & not give a rats who paid for it, along with doing nothing as it's a Civil matter since no laws were broken for hocking ones own property

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How very sad.... It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family.. 

Shame he thought this was his only option !!!

I have just lost my beloved to parasites the crawling ones and the 2 legged ones,i would love my boy to meet you up there both of you didn't deserve to end up this way.a very EVIL country.

R.I.P.

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You didn't answer my original question... Why not just leave, quickly and quietly, and not tell her or give her any way to know where you've gone to .... far away... and even better, out of Thailand if possible!!!

Because he loved the daughter.

I have nothing more to comment because any further information is sparse,to say the very least.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

RIP.

Should be required reading for every man coming to Thailand.

I am sure he loved his daughter.

I am sure he did too.

I am sorry for him but I can guarantee she isn't.

Most probably laughing as she reads this story.

11 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

I have often wondered if there are any legal recourse for foreigners? 

We are not married, she has requested this on occasions, 

but she always manages to miss things up, 

just when I'm starting to consider it, 

so in some way God is protecting me from going down that road.

I had obtained Social Security status back in 2003, while working @ the Hotel, 

and always made sure to make the payment each month, 

after I resigned from the hotel which sponsored my Social Security status. 

At one point in 2015, the misses decided it was best I give the payments to her, 

so she could make the payments for the coverage herself, 

since we had also made Social Security Insurance for her.

Not only was the insurance ideal for us, but it also provided life insurance for our Children; 

though not much @ just 100,000 bht, at least it was something, as I am getting older, 

and becoming more so concerned about my health, and their well being after I'm gone...

Each month I would dally out the 864 bht payments for the both of us, 

and she would leave to go make the payments in person at the local government office.

In 2017 I received a letter in the mail made out in my name, 

and since this is a rare occurrence, I asked my son to read it to me, 

since of course the letter was in Thai.

You just imagine, if you will, the surprise on my face when I found out that the misses had lapsed payment for over 3 months, therefore the insurance was canceled without any forewarning.

The point here is when the misses wants or acts like she is helping, 

it's usually for a reason, beyond what you would ever expect.

I don't drink alcohol, nor go out at night, 

and I thought I was diligent about the finances, 

but just when I thought I had discovered all her shortcomings, 

or tricks in her bag, she still managed and continues to this day, 

to surprise me in negative ways, beyond anything I would of ever expected.

If I was in my home country, I would of not hesitated to have gone to the police, 

on the Forza, since that was very straight forward, with me paying cash at the dealership, 

and owning the bike outright, just not in my own name, yet with her obtaining a loan against something that the dealership and my son, who was at the showroom at the time I bought it, 

all well knew who was purchasing the bike, and who it was to be for.

The misses is well aware of my feeling of betrayal, yet it doesn't stop her from thinking I'm still not doing enough, as she continues to push me daily to help her fix her situation.

The stress factor alone climbs by the day, and at 52 years old, I don't know why my heart doesn't just stop beating from the overload of stress I feel placed under, as everyone we know, thinks this lady is a saint; when really she's the most evil I've ever encountered in my life time.

She actually attends Christian Church 3 times a week, 

so by all appearances she appears to be a saint on the outside.

Yet filled inside with tricks and demises beyond my wildest imagination. 

None of which are positive.

My only hope here is, that someone might read this, 

and it will help them to always keep their wits about them, 

remain with the protections in place, 

and be extremely vigilante about the people closest to their hearts.

You seem to have given up already. But it's never too late. Regarding the Thai social security, there's a new law for those who didn't pay in for a few months.

Did you know that you're entitled to a lump sum of all payments that were made by your employer and by you?

Anyway, it should be possible for you to get back into the system, please visit the SS office.

But most importantly, don't give up now. I'm not religious, so I won't give you any "god bless you stories". Just don't give up and fight for your kids. 

4 minutes ago, meatboy said:

I have just lost my beloved to parasites the crawling ones and the 2 legged ones,i would love my boy to meet you up there both of you didn't deserve to end up this way.a very EVIL country.

R.I.P.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that you get over it soon. 

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

every day I have a budget of so much baht, which can include a huge amount of debauchery.

Easy to stay on budget if you don't get emotionally involved.

Ironically it is the debauchery and my very valuable freedom that keeps me from going broke here in the land of scams.

and after four years in Thailand the girls know you know the score when you say you don't have a girlfriend.

and if you think Thailand is bad try getting divorced in California.   

Meh, find a woman on equal footing and there won't be any money issues and ripoffs besides the usual every day greed. So far 3 guys came out of the closet. The honesty is admirable, but it's these exact guys that I learned from reading Thai forums before I moved to Thailand.

after my separation from my thai wife she gave me very limited access to my daughter. I took her to court.

Let me assure you that the judge was totally in my favor. I think there is thinking in Thailand the judge will give the Thai woman whatever she wants and screw the foreign man. In my case it was fair. the judge gave me what I wanted. she lost but as time has gone on she realizes that our daughter needs a good father also.

Now the daughter wants to stay with me.

Yesterday, I was eating at a shop in Chiang Mai city.  The Thai restaurant owner told the couple (young Thai lady with bald elderly farang), that most Thai girls marry foreigners for love. So I interrupted and said 'that's not true', most Thai girls marry foreigners for money especially if the foreigner is elderly.

I've seen many cases like this reported in press and Youtube.

I can only echo the chorus of R I P 's here, a very sad and sobering thread, unfortunately it will continue as long as guys think that they have a handle on life in Thailand, that is not always the case, hope you are in a better place dude. :crying:

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I can only echo the chorus of R I P 's here, a very sad and sobering thread, unfortunately it will continue as long as guys think that they have a handle on life in Thailand, that is not always the case, hope you are in a better place dude. :crying:

You actually only have a handle on life in Shangri-la- if you play Scrabble and have been here for God knows how many years..

The  rest of us are mere grist for the mill..

1 hour ago, ianf said:

This kind of thing happens all the time. The Thai system is such that women are allowed to steal everything from their husbands. My ex tried the same thing. She got away with quite a lot but I didn't lose my house. The lawyer we had made it difficult because she played a double game. Trust no one.My friend is involved in an argument with his ex girlfriend and she has threatened him with death, jail, the police etc etc all over 65000 bt. Another friend lost his house which was bought with his life savings. On and on it goes and the government turns a blind eye by not allowing foreigners to own property. Believe me, Thailand is a scammers paradise.

(My emphasis). This is true. The poor old foreigner can't even leave the country with the kids without permission from the Thai spouse. And yet (AFAIK), the Thai can leave with the kids at any time. The cards really are stacked against us.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the legal situation about that here?

If one spouse takes out a loan/loans without the knowledge or permission of the other spouse, and the funds are not spent/used for marital purposes, my understanding is the other spouse is not legally responsible.

Perhaps not, but it doesn't stop the thugs knocking on your door and making threats. Nor does it stop them carting off the collateral (house, car, motorbike) put down. End result is the same, crippled finances and a huge amount of stress :sad:

Archived