Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

There is an easy test for farang to avoid a nightmare.

Ask your lovely where did she learn English BEFORE you get involved.

Is she covered in tattoos?

Easy for long term expats to spot but newbies have no idea

The ones with their fourth farang do not have tattoos. maybe on their hearts, but not visible. 

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

You're not the only one who thought about taking his life, but you'd only run away from something. How much do you actually know about your wife?

Is she drug addicted, does she gamble?

Taking your own life wouldn't be fair to your kids, even if you wouldn't have kids, it's not a wise decision to take your life.

Even if it might sound very difficult, you should think about going back, moving to another province, starting over, even if that sounds impossible for you now.

I hope that you've got some friends you can talk to, some people who can be there when you need them. If not, please feel free to send me a message/ 

Don't do anything stupid, leaving kids without a daddy can't be the solution.

Thank you, you're very kind.

In a land far away from my home country, 

and when I've been here since 2000, 

I certainly do feel alone.

You are correct, I need to stay strong to protect my children.

This I believe as well.

I'd like to start over, certainly, but again, 

how do I protect my children if I move on?

It's not like my GF will openly let me take them with me, yes?

I feel completely trapped, as this man must have as well. 

So when I read about this incident, it just flooded me with how he must have felt, 

since he mentioned the thing that meant the most to him was his child, 

though it wasn't stated as such, we should see from his message, 

than taking his daughter from him was the final straw in his life...

1 hour ago, ajarnmarc said:

My girlfriend since 2005, who I have two children with, has apparently decided to do something very similar to me.

We have a business we made together, yet the paperwork is in her name, since the company isn't a Ltd. just private owner business.

We bought a truck together, where I paid the initial deposit of 150,000 bht, and thereafter we paid the monthly payments together, yet when the truck was finally paid off in 2014, the misses waited just two months to go about taking out a private loan for 500,000 bht from a loan agency in 2015.

I never knew a loan had be placed against the truck, I believed it was paid off, until October of 2017, when the loan agency came to retrieve the truck. 

Loan agency informed me that most of the payments were made late, sometimes up to four months without making a single payment, so they were left with no options but to come to retrieve the truck.

As a result this 500,000 bht loan placed in 2015 against the truck I believed was fully paid off, is now not due to expire until 2020, at the earliest, for a 2010 model truck.

The loan payments on the truck is higher than we initially paid, when we originally bought the truck, but what makes it even worse, is the misses never invested the 500k she received from this loan, 

back into the family in any way, so there were no signs she had come into a large sum of money.

At one point in 2017, she decided since I had never found out about the loan she took against the truck, she would try her luck again, and take the Honda Forza to the bank to take out a loan against that. This I paid for in cash, yet the book was in her name, due to me not having a work permit at the time of purchase, I later had planned to place the Motorcycle in my son name, since he's now 11 years old.

After she fell behind in both the Truck payments and the Motorcycle payments, she decided to convince my son to open my safe box; he was the only one who knew the combination, in the event something happened to me. She took out all the gold garments I had purchased for myself during our relationship; the ones I bought for her, she had sold already.

Went down to the local gold store and sold everything, this all happened before the loan agency came knocking for the retrieval of the truck. 

I just never had any reason to put it all together, yet the pieces were slowing falling into place...

When I ask her what she did with all the proceeds from any of the moves she made, 

the responses were always meet with silence...no response at all coming, other than she knows she made a mistake.

I had very little, yet she has managed to take it all.

This lady was a room maid when I met her, I was the manager of the hotel she worked at.

She was hired as a part time staff, after we started to see each other after working hours, 

I spoke to a friend of mine who worked at another hotel near by, to see about getting this new interest in my life a full time position, so we might be able to pursue a long term relationship.

After she secured the new position, she proceeded to move in with me back in 2005.

Because we have so much time invested into this relationship, plus two children, 

and our business, it's hard to break free. Even as I try to make any new business or job of my own, 

she tries to find a way to lean onto that as well. Asking me for money to help pay her debts, or coming to my place of work, if I secure a position in the public sector.

At the end of the day, I too have thought about taking my own life, 

as it seems like I have no solutions to the problems laid out before me.

So I can totally understand this mans situation, and relate to his decision, 

as I attempt to remain strong for our children, but at times it's very hard indeed.

That's a sad story. You need to get away from her fullstop. Parasites like that will drain your soul as well as your money.

Go talk to someone and workout a strategy.

Good luck.

Don't buy anything in Thailand. Be prepared to leave at the drop of a hat. Spend what you can afford each month. If you're giving money then make the rules from day one. As to what she may do with the money is up to her but make it clear that's it. Nothing wrong with sharing but only share what you can afford to lose. I retired at 41 and stick to the basic rules above. Obviously this isn't for everyone and everyone will have an opinion and advice to give.

There truly are many nice Thai women looking for a farang and a happy life. Sadly too many foreigners are looking in the wrong places. Pattaya, Patong, bars in Bangkok and dating sites. There are ways to protect yourself and your assets.

4 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

This I believe as well.

So when I read about this incident, it just flooded me with how he must have felt, 

you need to talk to someone mate. maybe use the samaritans line they gave and take the other poster up on his offer. there's always a way. think things through but talk to someone, it really could help

If he was a man if revenge and violence,he could have thought of killing her first,but he propably had hus daughter in mind[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji32]

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L21 using Tapatalk

Just now, InMyShadow said:

How many dark skinned isaan girls learnt English in university or by paying for an English school..

That's a rhetorical question emoji16.png

I know quite a lot of ex-exchange students with a good command of English and some also in German. Does that make them to brown skinned bar hookers? 

Don't buy anything in Thailand. Be prepared to leave at the drop of a hat. Spend what you can afford each month. If you're giving money then make the rules from day one. As to what she may do with the money is up to her but make it clear that's it. Nothing wrong with sharing but only share what you can afford to lose. I retired at 41 and stick to the basic rules above. Obviously this isn't for everyone and everyone will have an opinion and advice to give.
You sound like a frightened rabbit. Ready to run, bags always packed.

What type of pathetic life is that?

I own my home because I'm the master of my domain.

What is it about thailand that reduces big strong men into pathetic cowards? And all because of a 4 foot nothing little Asian girl.

4 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

How do Thais still get away with this?    How can you buy a property that you can't have in your name, and not know you are being screwed?

quite easily do not buy a property

Sad, Tragic, RIP.
Emotions and finances never go well together.
How many times has it been to read here, that many have ruined themselves financially in Thailand.
Be it with a business, buying land or just with an unfortunate marriage.
Golden Rules:
Never invest your entire money in a project over which you have no total control.
Never invest more than 50% of your entire money in a single project.
Nothing is constant forever, be it love or the income from a business.
Plan not only for the best case, but also for the worst case.
When doubts arise, they are always entitled.
Learn to say no.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Let us also bear in mind that friends and relations of the deceased may be reading this. We ought not to cause any additional distress to them.

I hope so, because  then they will contact the local authorities. At this time, the police are still trying to locate people who know the deceased. If anyone knows the deceased, now is the time to contact the RTP.

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Usually ex prostitute. Why do idiot farangs keep taking them on?

Only one person to blame..

No necessarily. My ex was a civil engineer with an MBA. Hated bar girls but was far worse than any bar girl you are likely to meet

20 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

This I believe as well.

Thank you for your post, it was really time for you to deal with all the circumstances of your life. I’ve been here for 15 years and the only reasons for staying are my wife and bankalogical son. I can fully understand how you feel, but don’t take this guy’s suicide as an excuse to do the same.

I know how difficult it can be when somebody’s constantly lying to you and if you don’t have somebody to talk to, it seems like a wall that’s impossible to climb over.

You need something to fight for and that should be your kids now. You wrote that you’re not married because she didn’t want to? Perhaps she still is married and it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Fight for your right to have the kids, anybody with a brain will see what’s going on. But you’ve got to stop to support her whatever it is.

Do some sport, try to get your body and your mind into one piece that such things don’t bother you that much. I also understand that going back must be like a horror movie, back to a country where you’ve got nothing else in common with than the language.

And do not hesitate to send me a message. I’m gone and back in the evening.

Take care.

So he climbed up the water tank, tied the rope somewhere, put the noose around his neck, handcuffed himself (behind his back?), then jumped. Why the handcuffs, behind his back? Sounds like a ""Thai" suicide.

1 hour ago, ajarnmarc said:

by all appearances she appears to be a saint on the outside.

Yet filled inside with tricks and demises beyond my wildest imagination. 

None of which are positive.

This. This is why some end up in such dire straights.

Stay strong, Marc. At least now you are aware. Use that knowledge to pull yourself up.

No necessarily. My ex was a civil engineer with an MBA. Hated bar girls but was far worse than any bar girl you are likely to meet
I know that's why I said "usually" and not always.

Let's face it though a farang is most likely to hook up with an ex bar girl unless he can speak fluent thai.

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

If anyone thinks that a Thai will leave a goose that keeps laying those golden eggs then they are deluded .they only leave when they either find a bigger goose who lays more eggs or the privious goose runs out of golden eggs . It’s that simple ! Just keep producing those eggs people and she will continue to love you ! 

I like this. It is simple but true 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Thank you for your post, it was really time for you to deal with all the circumstances of your life. I’ve been here for 15 years and the only reasons for staying are my wife and bankalogical son. I can fully understand how you feel, but don’t take this guy’s suicide as an excuse to do the same.

I know how difficult it can be when somebody’s constantly lying to you and if you don’t have somebody to talk to, it seems like a wall that’s impossible to climb over.

You need something to fight for and that should be your kids now. You wrote that you’re not married because she didn’t want to? Perhaps she still is married and it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Fight for your right to have the kids, anybody with a brain will see what’s going on. But you’ve got to stop to support her whatever it is.

Do some sport, try to get your body and your mind into one piece that such things don’t bother you that much. I also understand that going back must be like a horror movie, back to a country where you’ve got nothing else in common with than the language.

And do not hesitate to send me a message. I’m gone and back in the evening.

Take care.

They all lie to you-but be of good heart as they all lie to each other as well.

That's it,really.

If the other ASEAN nations have got it right-why shouldn't we?

"Don't Thai me.."

The golden mantra.....always be worth more alive then dead....

Never buy in somebody else's name.....leasehold seems a good alternative....have a will in both countries that clearly leaves the property to a family member of yours.......regularly replace the hottie who services your willy, before she gets to smart on your financial condition........and of course, avoid getting married, kids and if possible, pretend the house is rented even if it's on leasehold......any other good suggestions ?

In my opinion, western men lose the plot in Asia because they haven't had this much young female attention ever. Sadly not as easy to meet a young female in the west around age 40, in my opinion. Nothing will change in the west which makes Asia all too attractive. 

Archived