Beer Powder For Brewing

In the Rai!

Hello all,

a friend told me that there is a place in Chiang Rai that sells beer powder for brewing, but he was not sure of the location. Does anyone happen to know where it would be.

I am looking at trying to brew a couple of dark beers. mmmmm

cheers ITR :o

Hi there, I 'home brewed' for years before moving to LOS and never used or heard of 'beer powder'. We used to buy large cans of hops flavoured malt and pour them into the drum with water, sugar and yeast. I'd love to start doing it again, you can make beer to any alcohol content you like and most Thai beer is too strong for me.

There are a number of websites by brewing enthusiasts world wide and I'll make it a project to conduct a feasibility study into the possibility of home brewing in Thailand. Cider and sparkling fruit wines would be easy using the standard home brew kit I had. There is a thread on cider making in the Western food forum.

By the way, if you like dark beer I often see ABC stout in the duty free shop opposite immigration in Tachilek.

Hello all,

a friend told me that there is a place in Chiang Rai that sells beer powder for brewing, but he was not sure of the location. Does anyone happen to know where it would be.

I am looking at trying to brew a couple of dark beers. mmmmm

cheers ITR :o

Hi there, I 'home brewed' for years before moving to LOS and never used or heard of 'beer powder'. We used to buy large cans of hops flavoured malt and pour them into the drum with water, sugar and yeast. I'd love to start doing it again, you can make beer to any alcohol content you like and most Thai beer is too strong for me.

There are a number of websites by brewing enthusiasts world wide and I'll make it a project to conduct a feasibility study into the possibility of home brewing in Thailand. Cider and sparkling fruit wines would be easy using the standard home brew kit I had. There is a thread on cider making in the Western food forum.

By the way, if you like dark beer I often see ABC stout in the duty free shop opposite immigration in Tachilek.

Thanks again,

Yes that is what I was after. The hops or flavoured malt but just couldnt think of what it was called. I too brewed back in Oz for a couple of years but thought I would give it a go here. Home brew and smoked ham.... what a combination.

ITR