Thailand's top banks to waive off digital transaction fees

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Then there's the fee from your own country's bank...

My own bank also pays the thai banks for atm-usage...Singapore and Malaysia think that's a good price but the Thai banks have to add the 220 baht because they know we have no choice as long as they all do it. It's a kartel against westerners.

To get 10.000 baht from an atm i have to pay the 220 baht, 100 baht for my own bank, plus i get a low exchangerate compared to Superrich. So i pay 350 baht for each 10.000...i don't accept that so don't use them.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't understand that... I certainly refuse to use my UK cards in Thailand because of the 200 baht charge, way too much and that is before my UK bank gets started!  ATM withdrawals are free in Thailand from my Thai account. Nothing wrong with striving to prevent banks  nickel and diming your money away.

I've been charged 150 baht on my Kasikorn card for an ATM withdrawal in Chiang Rai outside the Kasikorn Bank, apparently because as soon as one goes outside the province where the card was issued ( Chiang Mai ) charges kick in.

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

I never said it was.  I was replying to a post implying that it would never happen.  But of course TV can only comment derogatorily.   It will never be accepted on this forum that the norm in general is much better than portrayed here. 

Fair point - perhaps I should have used the term "someone" rather than "anyone" to avoid overstating my case. However, it would seem you've done the same with the terms "only" and "never".

12 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Not sure if this has been posted before (can't remember), but is it possible to still get (demand) a Visa debit card from BangkokB, or is it strictly Union Pay only?  

There have been reports here of member insisting and receiving the Visa branded debit card at Bangkok Bank when replacing expiring cards  

Don't remember any posts where posters said they requested a new card when their card was not expiring but that doesn't mean it has not happened 

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've been charged 150 baht on my Kasikorn card for an ATM withdrawal in Chiang Rai outside the Kasikorn Bank, apparently because as soon as one goes outside the province where the card was issued ( Chiang Mai ) charges kick in.

No you haven't....you meant to say 15 (fifteen) baht.   As a general rule of thumb many Thai banks charge a 10 to 20 baht fee for out of province withdrawals.  Kbank charges 15 baht across provinces....see snapshot from their website below.  A few Thai bank don't charge anything for some of their debit cards....using the ATM Pool can sometimes result in no charge...and a few other exceptions.

image.png.ce0c4c33a524c3424871d9d10502cd7e.png

16 hours ago, Thian said:

My own bank also pays the thai banks for atm-usage...Singapore and Malaysia think that's a good price but the Thai banks have to add the 220 baht because they know we have no choice as long as they all do it. It's a kartel against westerners.

To get 10.000 baht from an atm i have to pay the 220 baht, 100 baht for my own bank, plus i get a low exchangerate compared to Superrich. So i pay 350 baht for each 10.000...i don't accept that so don't use them.

I checked my bank and I found based on what they called Preferred Customer Account they not  charging me either.  So I get hit 220 bhat on my 25000 withdrawals...

On 3/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, Sprigger said:

Cash is king been here over 15yrs, never given these parasites a baht.

Please let me know your Address, and what time you will be off the premises.  :laugh:

I hope these "waived" transaction fees continue permanently.

I just noticed I was charged "fee 200 Baht" last night. I queried with the SCB call centre, who told me it was the annual fee for my Smart ATM/debit card.

I pointed out that a couple of months previously I had already paid 100 Baht for the new card, after the old one had expired.

The staff said 100 Baht was just for a new card, but the 200 Baht was to use it.

Hmm, I felt that was a creative way of charging me twice.

Well Kasikorn Bank have NOT waived their ATM fees yet as I found to my cost THB 15 was charged by them yesterday 3/4/18 when I went to a KBank ATM in Kamphaeng Phet and withdrew cash from my Chiang Mai KBank account so feeling a bit miffed to say the least.  Anyone else had a similar experience yet?

10 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Well Kasikorn Bank have NOT waived their ATM fees yet as I found to my cost THB 15 was charged by them yesterday 3/4/18 when I went to a KBank ATM in Kamphaeng Phet and withdrew cash from my Chiang Mai KBank account so feeling a bit miffed to say the least.  Anyone else had a similar experience yet?

I think the waiving of fees only covers electronic transfers (by internet banking?) , not ATM withdrawals

1 minute ago, PREM-R said:

I think the waiving of fees only covers electronic transfers (by internet banking?) , not ATM withdrawals

Well the original post specifically mentioned "cash withdrawals" so kind of assumed that meant ATM usage as well.

15 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Well the original post specifically mentioned "cash withdrawals" so kind of assumed that meant ATM usage as well.

Yes, you are right about the original post. I transferred money from my SCB account to a BAY account, using internet banking, on Thursday last week, usually charges me 25 baht but this time no charge. On Friday I withdrew money from an SCB ATM (out of province) and was charged the usual 15 baht.  That is why I made my previous post. 

KBank fee schedule (effective 30 March) for internet banking still showing fees for same day (so called "express transfer") and t+2 ("normal transfer").

Only fee-free within KBank and up to 50,000 baht.

image.png.b5ab852b32352dd82a5c349b1ce43e65.png

2 hours ago, GavinK said:

KBank fee schedule (effective 30 March) for internet banking still showing fees for same day (so called "express transfer") and t+2 ("normal transfer").

Only fee-free within KBank and up to 50,000 baht.

FALSE, OUTDATED information!

Interbank transfers from K-Bank are free.

Please do not rely on Thai websites (especially in English language) being up-to-date in any case.

Just did a 1000 Baht transfer from K-Bank to Bangkok Bank.

No fee, in an instant.

fromkbank.jpg

tobkb.jpg

I think each bank is rolling out the change in fees on an individual time line

I noticed that SCB eliminated the transfer fees immediately after the announcement, yet Bangkok Bank didn't eliminate theirs until Monday 2 April

I had some pre scheduled transfers that BB forced me to pay higher the 25 THB rate (Express) so I cancelled them and set them up again, and this time,  no fees at all

I just did a test transfer via "ibanking" from my Krungsri Bank account to my Bangkok Bank account.  Before when I would do the transfer I was offered a fee schedule to select "how fast I wanted it to arrive" as in immediate/real time, end of day, tomorrow, etc.  Before when I did a real time transfer there was like a 25 or 35 baht fee.  But in the transfer today/5Apr I was not offered any transfer fee schedule and "not" charged a fee.  The funds arrived my Bangkok Bank acct immediately. 

I clicked transfer at 9:32am....Krungsri transfer confirmation stated a Transfer Fee of  "0 baht" fee (see 1st snapshot below).  Checked my Bangkok Bank ibanking and the funds had posted to my account 9:32am (see 2nd snapshot). 

Krungsri Bank

Capture.JPG.d57dd47ffd46587567cc174d7d8719c9.JPG

Bangkok Bank

Capture2.JPG.87f56c70735016c87ecf63f1fd13585a.JPG

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

FALSE, OUTDATED information!

Interbank transfers from K-Bank are free.

Please do not rely on Thai websites (especially in English language) being up-to-date in any case.

Just did a 1000 Baht transfer from K-Bank to Bangkok Bank.

No fee, in an instant.

Thanks - good to know, since Thai version of fees is same same...

image.png.9e8f0235c9cea751a56ce834ab888d7a.png

Yea, both the English and Thai language versions are outdated.    Probably the first time I've seen their official fee schedules being outdated....new fee schedule going into effect before they publish updated schedules.

Archived