Extension Non-immigrant "b" Visa

Hello,

I've got a NON-IMMIGRANT Visa type "B", multiple entry. In my passport it is clearly written "NO EXTENSION PERMITTED".

My visa is available until the 19th of february but I need to stay in Thailand at least until end of March.

What do you suggest is the best solution for me ?

Thank you in advance for your comments and advises. :o

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Are you 100% sure about that lopburi? Is that the same for all non immigrant visa types?

I made a trip just over a month before my visa expiry date and was only given the 34 days, not 90.

Are there any circumstances when the 90 day extension isnt given?

Thanks

Az

Edited by aztheaztec

Yes I am sure.

If you received "34 days" for a trip you made just over a month prior to expiration of a 90 day stay you used a re-entry permit. There is no reason to use such a permit when you have a multi entry visa - only when you are on extensions of stay or have a single entry permit would that be required. A multi entry (one year type non immigrant visa) allows unlimited stays of the maximum permitted time up until the expiration date of the visa. So if visa expires January 2 and you arrive January 1 you will still receive the full permitted to stay stamp time.

Lopburi,

Judging by your posts, you seem to be an expert. I too have an non-im B multiple that expires in May, also stamped 'No extension allowed'.

Trying to find out if it's possible to get a one year extension without having to go back to my home country; there seem to be conflicting reports.

Thanks in advance,

scotty

If you meet the criteria of Immigration for extension of stay you can do it at any time. That notation has no meaning in that regard. It just alerts that you are not entitled to the normal 30 day extension of stay that tourist visa holders assume. This would be work permit and company information to include many pieces of paper and meeting the income expected for your nationality. This is one case where I would advise legal consul if your company legal department is unable to do for you.

For those without this option most local Consulates will only provide single entry new visas with work permit/company paperwork these days.