“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

Mostly Chinese that don't go in bars and paid everything in China before to come.... 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connect 4 has become a real problem in Thailand. It's about time it is banned in Thailand.

I was talking to one guy who told me that there has been at least 3 publicly reported cases of killing over Connect 4 debts. Many more has been missed or not reported.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. The latest trend is to name and shame the people who lost in the game. More Hi-So people put advertisements to Thai newspapers, saying Chomchai Sapparot lost a game because his stupid moves. We all know how Thais react to losing their faces... more violence. 

The guy who told me this was military trained farang, so I have no reason to doubt his words. 

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Hearing someone utter the word "tinnie" is a good guide that the person is Australian.

For confirmation, just observe them for a few minutes and their hands are guaranteed to stray down the front of their trousers as they like to "tamper" with their balls a lot.

And "you bet" is slang for yes when asked if he wanted to play a game of connect 4. About as Austrian as a vegemite sanger

I suggest you, close down all the bars, clubs and other places where can be that the peoples gambling in Thailand, probably you will increase the tourism by 1,000%...Stop to follow up all that armless games, going after the criminals you will have already a lot to do.

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Since the introduction of FB and Line I dont think I have seen a connect four in a bar, all the girls are too busy on their phones, hence the decline in bar patrons.

Are you still handsome?

who wants to bet what the next children's game is to be banned?  I feel so happy when they ban games I might be tempted to wager on!  These Austrian gambling mafioso are a dangerous bunch, pockets bulging, downing tinny's, scary stuff!

5 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Since the introduction of FB and Line I dont think I have seen a connect four in a bar, all the girls are too busy on their phones, hence the decline in bar patrons.

You maybe onto something there, I'll, get back once verified this news item at Somchai HQ in town, they (Bib) will be well into their 3rd frame of snooks now. 

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Well with the end of connect four and the expulsion of the nefarious Russian coral bleachers, Thailand can now claim to be as advanced and as safe as Singapore,

I'm there, I'm on my way to order a tinnie in my strange foreign accent.

Probably the next thing to be banned by the neo-Cromwells running Thailand.

13 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

what the next children's game is to be banned?

Safe to say online debating will be the next children's game to be banned if this entertaining thread is any indicator.

What a bunch of pea brains.

Archived