“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's (tin)can of Aussie beer served so cold it can cause frostbite.

It can also mean a small aluminium boat, probably made from recycled tinnies.

Tinnie is a slim Irish person.   lol

5 minutes ago, HLover said:

Safe to say online debating will be the next children's game to be banned if this entertaining thread is any indicator.

What a bunch of pea brains.

to be fair, being thailand, it could almost be believable. had me right up until watches and subs 555

So to sum up... An "Austrian" says "g'day mate" and replies to an offer of a child's game with the colloquial "you bet" with a "bulge" in his pants talking to a ladyboy with a bulge in her pants and that constitutes illegal gambling. Someone actually put this in a police report and filed it with a straight face. Wow. Just wow. 

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Another nail in the coffin

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

WELL YES TRUE! there isnt any nail in the coffin yet, even the beachers are dirty, the military ruling the country in a way that is far and will be far from any democracy within the next ages...

But sure , not so called high quality tourists, just party guys and girls coming and running over the smaller islands...also the chinese and they not worry about any games be palyed in bars as they not visiting bars...

So the nail in the coffin is just the nail into the feelings and meanings of the expats living here more or less most of their time!

1 hour ago, PhonThong said:

There will also be no playing of "heads or tails". 

However "Jump the red  light" remains popular for  Thais and Im pretty sure this wont be banned.

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

wow; my faith in the judgment of our law enforcers just went up; what idiots

Seriously kids I hate to state the bleeding obvious or spoil the joke but this is a day of vast import around the world and and no I don't mean easter Sunday. It seems that it may not just be the Thai government’s that are fools on this day?:post-4641-1156694572:

29 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

to be fair, being thailand, it could almost be believable. had me right up until watches and subs 555

What d' you mean, 'almost'? It is entirely believable. Thaivisa might well be posting this story again tomorrow...

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

According to the report he said: “G’day mate. Can I get a tinny?” He was believed to be Austrian, said Thai Rat as he had a strange foreign accent.

Fell off my chair, great detective work there. Ty 4 the laugh on 14 

4 hours ago, merlin2002 said:

"A Pattaya police spokesman said that the image of the resort as a tourist friendly destination was at stake. “Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,” he said on condition of anonymity."

Pattaya has an image alright, but it's not for playing connect four. These govt. buffoons have lost the plot big time.

It is not "safe" as long as home grown corruption runs rempant. Tourists and locals continue to be run over, killed and injured on the unregulated speedways that pass for roads. An absence of proactive, radar, mobile and trained traffic officers is what puts the image of this town at stake.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

Well done TVF.

Unfortunately, what you wrote was too close to reality, so you caught a lot with that one.

Bet there's more than a few feeling somewhat embarrassed now.

Problem is, no story is too outlandish nowadays...

3 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

what's a tinnie? I am from Germany and I am curious as a mouse in springtime

A tinnie can de a small boat or as they’re referring to here a can of beer ? Aussie slang

image.jpg

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Connect the Dots pictures will include airborne inflatables, submarines and luxury watches,” he said.

“And they will all be delivered in a handy brown envelope”.

That is quality. Brilliant. 

31 minutes ago, elgenon said:

What's the name of the game in which you roll the dice and flip over the numbers that you've thrown? 

I lose my monthly stipend ( 20 baht) on that one. Save me please.

"Jackpot"... I hear they will be banning this game in 365 days time..

2 hours ago, torrzent said:

Exactly my point.  One refers to material and one refers to shape.  Could this by why Strayan english has not conquered the world?

Strayan English hasn't conquered the world because nobody got a scooby doo what we are talking about

I totally agree, all types of this dangerous game should be banned, I once was assaulted with a red I think disc, thing nearly spoiled my otherwise sprightly evening, good we are finally seeing sense on this potentially lethal "game"

Wow, i'm actually just about speechless on this one!This government is actually doing it's best to bring the nation iq average even lower. "World Class tourist destination Pattaya is now a safer place because we have banned darts and bridge"??? That is their answer to cleaning the place up??Amazing!\

I owned a beer bar for 3 1/2 years and we never had an incident over connect 4, jenga, or jackpot except customers had a good time which is guess is well on the way to being totally banned now.

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

Hahaha. You must work for TAT ?  And you believe the bullshit figures ! No way is it booming 

Archived