“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, pearciderman said:

Or as is more likely the case, the foreigner was saying yes in a different way. Maybe the police should have sent in an undercover who understands English.

“You Bet” means yes in Aussie slang. A misunderstanding for sure by an earwigging undercover rat.

“Connect the Dots pictures will include airborne inflatables, submarines and luxury watches,” he said.

“And they will all be delivered in a handy brown envelope”.

it that’s not April fools joke it should be lol 

17 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

ITS APRIL FOOLS JOKE, YOU GOONS!

I thought post in ALL CAPS were banned for this forum?

Btw, I realized it was an April Fools after post #2. Just saying.

5 hours ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

But what will be the eventual cost of that?

https://www.newsdeeply.com/oceans/articles/2017/07/10/cultural-conundrum-at-heart-of-thailands-plastic-pollution-crisis

6 hours ago, merlin2002 said:

“Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,”

The safe feeling does not extend to the road as another 50 were killed while the officer was talking.

I noticed that especially on this date, the military junta is searching for numerous crackdowns on what they suggest are subversive games being played in bars, and other locations, in Thailand...:whistling:

5 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

Not sure about that if your getting your stats from hotel bookings they always say they are full but mabey only 1/3 full i know K.S is down on visitors . saying that most of the tourist this year were chinese. as for the x pats its common knowledge that they don't want us here any more . They only want family holidays makers who stay a couple of weeks and spend lots of money .    

The biggest gamble here is to drive on Thai roads . all these stupid petty laws are being ignored as they should be . just forget them and carry on . like the e gigs laws  is no problem to bring in or take out as now 3 of my friends had their bags check and was told is ok as long as you put the batteries in the cabin luggage . 

The next BS will be pool . as for the gambling have a look at the Thai boxing all the thais are having a bet on that in every stadium. but nothing done about it  . If gambling is a big deal the they stop the lottery also .  

Time for a conspiracy theory once all the different ways of gambling have been hit on the head. The Junta will introduce poker machines into all the clubs and bars for us foreigners to play. Of course the Thais will be ban from playing the machines.

If there weren't so stupid they could make some real big money. :partytime2:

10 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

Time for a conspiracy theory once all the different ways of gambling have been hit on the head. The Junta will introduce poker machines into all the clubs and bars for us foreigners to play. Of course the Thais will be ban from playing the machines.

If there weren't so stupid they could make some real big money. :partytime2:

the junta, despite their power, will in no way be able to or inclined to stop gambling at the horse racing.

Thailand crack down on bar games due to gambling worries
By: Sok San
March 31, 2018 9:11 AM

Gogo bars were raided in Pattaya and Phuket yesterday evening in an effort to warn bar owners and operators of the new laws annouced recently.

Gambling using connect 4 is gaining popularity by foreigners with latest finding by the Center for Gambling Studies showed 40% of them having gambling addiction experiences.

The finding of gambling addiction experiences among foreign tourists was revealed in a survey conducted by a undercover police unit working in Pattaya.

A seminar aimed at sounding out views to educate the people and develop effective mechanism to keep the Thai societies off gambling will be held soon.

There observations found that tourists are prone to gambling and therefore all bar games have to come out with practical measures to prevent gaming at the bar.

It agreed that the gambling problem and the need for prevention measures should be discussed as a national agenda.

Thai Health Promotion Foundation representative Manop Yaem-uthai suggested that the problem could not be resolved solely by one agency but need the media and the legal affairs to work together to resolve.

Meanwhile No Gambling Club Network activist Ms Suvanan Leelakachornjit said gambling in the digital world has now gone so far to the extent that it could not be resolved by every government in the past.

This prompted the need of the government to enforce the law strictly to stop connect 4 being used for gambling purposes, she said.

6 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Working bringing in more tourist...Really??...I don't know where you get that idea? from maybe TAT's well known ultra reliable figures..Me I go with reality. A quick search on hotel booking websites will show Pattaya has 34% occupancy with 4 star hotels averaging $30 per night for a room....Does not sound like booming to me. 

and about time too...a frivolous game deserved of being dumped..I don't regularly pay 800 squids to fly on a world class airline, wait 4 hours at immigration, get taken for a ride by a limousine company, book into a not too shabby hotel and to have my much needed sleep ruined by noisy Russians returning up the Sois of Pattaya simply to be fleeced in the first watering hole that I stop at for refreshment by a professional gamer!!! 

Just like darts, connect 4 should only be played in the privacy of your hotel room, with 3 willing ladies. God bless Big Joke for removing the mundane from our holiday adventures. Soon he will be wearing his underpants outside his trousers and constantly peering around to find a handy telephone box....if only he could remove that dice game with the flipping wooden things....after all no one wants to be flipped off in Pattaya !!

Just now, Miss Pickle said:

What a joke they have been playing this in bars for over the 30 years I have been coming here.My kids loved sitting at the bar playing this with the girls they never did win a game ! 

ever tried playing in vietnam. i'm pretty good at most board games and the like having been brought up in boarding schools but my god, some of those girls are good

Archived