Bloodbath in Hua Hin - two dead as jealous husband goes berserk with an ice pick

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chrisandersen said:

Isn't that the truth.. proven time and time again.. 

Life here just doesn't mean the same as it does to most of us from the West.

The level of violence here is scary..

I've lived here 20 years, it it's getting worse all the time.. ahh..

Another sad day for a lot of people..

Why is it that Thais are the only people who resort to violence ?

No other people in the World EVER resort to violence

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I don't think the man was practicing any religion at the time... nor does the story cite his religion. Not sure why you are attempting to attribute this to any version of Buddhism. 

I will type v e r y  s l o w l y....So even you get it....

About 95 % of the Thai population are Buddhists....

And this murderer and his cheating wife probably went to the temple on a frequent basis...to deposit in the "merit bank"

I started at saying, that in Thailand it is difficult to get a suffering animal euthanized....At the same time about 2500 people are murdered here every year...That is more than 6 every day...

Hence my comment on the selective Thai version of Buddhism.

4 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

here we go.

jealous husband goes on the rampage and kills.

yet some choose to label this global occurrence/reaction as peculiar to thais.

With the imaginary danger many on here seem to believe thais pose I'm amazed they decided to leave their homelands.

Some might say it was hypocritical. I wouldn't of course

If you have read any of my previous posts, which it's apparent you haven't, I have never said this is particularly a "Thai thing".  Yeah, it happens all over the globe, but NOT on a daily basis the way it does in Thailand.  Live here for 10 years like I have, and you'll soon realize that. 

5 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

here we go.

jealous husband goes on the rampage and kills.

yet some choose to label this global occurrence/reaction as peculiar to thais.

With the imaginary danger many on here seem to believe thais pose I'm amazed they decided to leave their homelands.

Some might say it was hypocritical. I wouldn't of course

So you're in the right then. Essentially your stating that despite the difficulties and problems I frequently have when having to deal with Thai men i am to blame. Thanks for clearing that one up.

6 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

So he didn't have the guts to confront the wifes lover again so he took it out on women instead....Typical weak Thai man on an ego trip

From the OP.........A fist fight broke out and Khwanchai was left in a heap on the floor.

He indeed confronted the lover (who was her ex-husband).....Not defending the husband (absolutely not)....but he clearly reached the breaking point, when seeing his wife with the same guy again, not for the first time.....

No matter who is to blame.....it is indeed a very tragic outcome for all involved...!!

Just now, Just1Voice said:

If you have read any of my previous posts, which it's apparent you haven't, I have never said this is particularly a "Thai thing".  Yeah, it happens all over the globe, but NOT on a daily basis the way it does in Thailand.  Live here for 10 years like I have, and you'll soon realize that. 

Maybe its that you read Thai Visa forums and all the stories are about Thailand , which distorts the reality .

Violence happens everywhere and Thailand isnt at the top of the list

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Only promotes the fat,old, bald falang 30 years their senior to be the more attractive option - again.  

What is the falang is thin, old and has a fine head of silvery hair, does that count him out?

25 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

So you're in the right then. Essentially your stating that despite the difficulties and problems I frequently have when having to deal with Thai men i am to blame. Thanks for clearing that one up.

Probably, in 13 years here I've never had problems with anybody

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Must have been two very LARGE bottles of beer, unless this guy was just naturally berserk!

Asians have a problem with alcohol,it's to do with metabolism so I can believe that after two beers he could have been drunk.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Asians have a problem with alcohol,it's to do with metabolism so I can believe that after two beers he could have been drunk.

If I drink two big beers, I'm drunk because I don't drink every day. 

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ice pick stabbing / killing two people drunk???

He might not have done it sober. As a young man I hitch hiked in winter through Finland to Lapland, I was attacked by a laplander with a Jim Bowie knife because I refused to give him a cigarette, I was rescued by a two meter + Finnish man who told me that Laplanders can't take alcohol and that this man (who was a good chap according to my helper) had consumed a couple of beers. 

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

If I drink two big beers, I'm drunk because I don't drink every day. 

Same here, in Germany I could put away 3 liters of beer in a beer garden with no problem but since 10 years or so now I very rarely drink alcohol so a couple of beers now is enough to get me tipsy.

4 hours ago, tifino said:

if only the girls could ever learn how to pick the right man...

Yeah. She was just a harmless little angel who had nothing to do with any of this just flitting around sprinkling fairy dust. 

2 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Yeah. She was just a harmless little angel who had nothing to do with any of this just flitting around sprinkling fairy dust. 

She should have known her husband and obviously ignored a few warning signs. My father in law had a hefty argument with a neighbour, the next day he brought me his shotgun and asked if I could repair it, I said I would try, leave it with me, I ground off the firing pin and gave it back to him.

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Just another 35 year old trapped in the body and mindset of a typical spoiled 5 year old male sh%&t kid. Sometimes I think, they deserve what they raise.

Agreed but I would like to add that this type of hysteria is not confined to Thailand.  Think of just about any pub brawl anywhere and you will find a skirt at the root of it somewhere.  I once had a woman say to me..........." I know it is a terrible thing but girls love it when boys fight over them".  When a man gives all and loses more then it is not just the Thai men that react this way.  How many farang kill themselves every year here because of them.

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This must be fake news, as we are forever told that Thais avoid confrontation. A pity there are daily fake news stories of extreme violence in what TAT would insist is the friendliest and most peaceful country on Earth.

I think it should be told  'avoid getting into confrontation with a Thai'. 555

Archived