Agomelatine (brand names: Valdoxan, Melitor or Thymanax)

emphuket

Hello!

I'm currently taking 20mg of Valdoxan (Agomelatine - aka Melitor or Thynamax in Thailand) and will run out soon.

I have a prescription and medical certificate from my Australian doctor. Is it possible to go to a larger international pharmacy in Bangkok and receive the medication like this? Otherwise I'm happy to go to a hospital or psychiatric facility for a consultation / receive a prescription in Thailand. I just don't know where to start so any information will be appreciated!

Thank you 

The only brand name here is Valdoxan. It actually does not require a prescription in Thailand but is likely to prove hard to find, and will be very expensive as it is imported.

I would suggest you start with the large pharmacy on Sukhumvit Road around Soi 2 (sort of across from the freeway entrance). If they do not have it ask them if they can order it for you. The distributor is DKSH.

If that fails next stop would be DKSH, they might be willing to sell direct to you (more likely if you will buy say 6-12 month supply) and if not, can tell you what pharmacies they have supplied it to in the past year. DKSH is really large and hard to deal with by phone, though you can try: 02- 220 9000. Probably  best to go in person, 2106 Sukhumvit Rd which is about 500 meters from the On Nut BTS stop heading north on your right hand side.

• 9 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, emphuket said:

Hello!

I'm currently taking 20mg of Valdoxan (Agomelatine - aka Melitor or Thynamax in Thailand) and will run out soon.

I have a prescription and medical certificate from my Australian doctor. Is it possible to go to a larger international pharmacy in Bangkok and receive the medication like this? Otherwise I'm happy to go to a hospital or psychiatric facility for a consultation / receive a prescription in Thailand. I just don't know where to start so any information will be appreciated!

Thank you 

Hi did you end up finding this in pharmacy?

Archived