Does anyone else think that Ripple could be n.o 1 crypto this yr?

ghworker2010

Lets face it... Ripple has a solid use-case. It's going after the Swift global payments system and many international banks are signed up for their global payments system. International transactions take seconds and low fees. 

The latest news is that Ripple is working with 40 to 50 central banks globally. This is stark contrast to Bitcoin where govt's are negative towards it. 

Ripple has just been added to the 'Western union' app. Expect many more companies to be doing this. 

I believe Ripple has the potential to take over Bitcoin and be the n.o 1 crypto in terms of market capitalization. Invest small money now and become a millionaire within a few yrs.

cheers

DASCoin may well be a serious contender. If they are indeed getting hooked in to Visa and MasterCard which will mean people can pay pretty much everywhere with it.

And that is the big problem with BitCoin. very few dealers take it.

Same potential though.

I bought some Ripple and have come to the conclusion I bought a dud coin, it has done nothing but crash since I bought into it, just another Shitcoin that is tied into traditional banking.

I hold over a dozen different coins, so I am hoping that at least one of them comes good in the long run, I'm in this for the long game.

Ripple has a number of concerns surrounding it; its not possible to mine it and it's very centralised. In the short to medium term, I think it has, as the OP points out, quite a degree of utility as a 'bridging currency', operating in the space between cryptos and traditional banking. For short to medium term speculation, I think it is worthy of consideration.

But the longer term outlook is. IMHO, not too positive, as from the outset it's headed in a direction contrary to the basic principles of decentralised, trustless systems.

IMO the Ripple token is a scam. There is no real use case for the token itself since banks can issue whatever other token they like on the Ripple network and have no need to acquire XRP.

Only Ripple corporation profits from Ripple since they operate the network. Also note that the control the price as the by far largest holder. Sure some shitcoins can still be profitable since a lot of clueless noobs are entering the crypto space and will continue buying whatever coin they perceive as 'cheap', but there are many solid projects out there with real use cases that will appreciate, ICX is one example.

12 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

IMO the Ripple token is a scam. There is no real use case for the token itself since banks can issue whatever other token they like on the Ripple network and have no need to acquire XRP.

Only Ripple corporation profits from Ripple since they operate the network. Also note that the control the price as the by far largest holder. Sure some shitcoins can still be profitable since a lot of clueless noobs are entering the crypto space and will continue buying whatever coin they perceive as 'cheap', but there are many solid projects out there with real use cases that will appreciate, ICX is one example.

Maybe you ought to avail yourself of correct information and watch a few short videos.

https://ripple.com/insights/introducing-the-ripple-and-xrp-video-series/

Ethereum, seeing it’s the future of the internet. Yes, lots of ICO’s use the Ethereum protocol and when the big media giants stopped Crypto advertising, there was no way of raising money and hence, price crashed. The good thing is many shitcoins will disappear . 

Another beauty is Litecoin. But wish we were as sharp as Charlie Lee. He got out right at the TOP!

Interesting read. It’s not just Currency. May we see the end of middlemen tyranny and control by a few. 

“And in the current battle for blockchain, both sides are trying to gain an edge.

The incumbents — the banks and existing apparatus of middle men that gather, store and control access to your assets and data — want to siphon off the technological benefits while maintaining their positions of power.

Versus the challengers — the cryptocurrencies, the start-ups and the cypherpunks — who are creating a decentralised world free of the tyranny of middle men.

Who will win?

It’s like this…

The fight is on

What many people fail to understand is that the goal of blockchain technology is not simply cheaper payments.

Or faster transaction times.

If it was, you could rightfully say it’s failing miserably right now.

After all Visa is much better on all counts…

No, the revolution brought about by Satoshi Nakamoto’s 2009 white paper on bitcoin, was the creation of a new system.

A system that allowed true peer-to-peer transfer of ‘any asset’ without the need of a trusted middleman.

The asset in question was originally money. But it could be anything.

It could be property. It could be shares.

In fact, it could be any asset that can be tokenised on a blockchain.” 

No, and I say this as someone who bought Ripple at 8 baht and sold it at 57. 

Price fluctuations are still way too tied to the overall cryptomaket and while there are some positive stories around it, it's primarily the technology and not XRP itself that is being used. 

If crypto bottoms out (it will eventually) and XRP itself gets some good tie ups, longer term it has potential, but not in the short term. If you're holding it now, sell. It will bottom at about 15c US or about 5 THB.  

If Ripple has any value, it won't be for another few years. Very little real use case for 2018. Only speculation.

Coin to watch for 2018 is EOS. If Dan Larimer can actually get it up and running it is going to pummel Ethereum. Given a choice between EOS and Ethereum, there is no choice. Ethereum will go the way of buggy whips.

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

If Ripple has any value, it won't be for another few years. Very little real use case for 2018. Only speculation.

Coin to watch for 2018 is EOS. If Dan Larimer can actually get it up and running it is going to pummel Ethereum. Given a choice between EOS and Ethereum, there is no choice. Ethereum will go the way of buggy whips.

I agree and disclose that I own EOS. 

Ethereum is retarded and just look at what happened with cryptokitties. Last year I thought that ethereum was trying to do too much too fast. I have a soft dev background. Too many bugs in Ethereum... Its price has crashed back down to realistic levels now.

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

Naturally you have absolutely no interest in any particular  cryptocurrency.  Neutral party?

Pumping is not allowed.

15 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I bought some Ripple and have come to the conclusion I bought a dud coin, it has done nothing but crash since I bought into it, just another Shitcoin that is tied into traditional banking.

I hold over a dozen different coins, so I am hoping that at least one of them comes good in the long run, I'm in this for the long game.

Ah so you are the person who caused it to crash!!555. The crypto market has been hot for the last twelve months, now we are seeing the correction with the short term speculation taken out of it, where each currency will perform on it's merits. I cashed in most of mine when the slide started, Ripple is the only one I kept as I had a modest amount so I thought I will hang on and see what happens when growth starts again. I think I will be also buying back into Ethereum soon as well.

20 hours ago, Brickbat said:

It could be property. It could be shares.

In fact, it could be any asset that can be tokenised on a blockchain.” 

How do you convert property into digital tokens?

Sure, you can make a ledger showing who owns which property, but how is that ledger going to stop me from squatting on your physical property?

You need someone to enforce what is written in the ledger, so we need to have courts and the police enforce it, and if we trust these authorities, why would we need the “trustless” ledger in the first place? It adds no value whatsoever, as the courts and police can be corrupt even with a trustless distributed ledger.

The same goes for your shares example. I can start a company and sell you 50% of the shares which we record in a blockchain. But that will not stop me from distributing 100% of the profits to myself. To avoid that, we need a legal system, not a blockchain.

21 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Naturally you have absolutely no interest in any particular  cryptocurrency.  Neutral party?

Pumping is not allowed.

Don't own a single coin of it actually. I won't buy any either until Dan proves he can make it work. Don't encourage anyone else to buy any either, but as I said, it is the coin to watch.

Also, as an aside, I do not trade coins. I am one of those old school geeks who actually looks for value and holds. I leave trading and pumping to everyone else. If EOS works, Ethereum is doomed. Wait for the 'if' before you act.

I got out of stock marked before the fall in 2008, and never returned back. So happy I followed my gut back then. I know it was pure luck, but I had the feeling for a long time. About Bitcoins, my gut say it is a pure pyramide game you place your money in to. I would say good luck to all of you who dream about fast money and easy woman. 

I will continue to buy gold and silver coins to invest for future. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I got out of stock marked before the fall in 2008, and never returned back. So happy I followed my gut back then. I know it was pure luck, but I had the feeling for a long time. About Bitcoins, my gut say it is a pure pyramide game you place your money in to. I would say good luck to all of you who dream about fast money and easy woman. 

I will continue to buy gold and silver coins to invest for future. 

It was pure bad luck for you. You missed out on a 9 yr bull run in the U.S stock markets and global markets from 2009 onwards. Easiest money Ive ever made. I disclose that I sold everything in Jan this yr

3 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

It was pure bad luck for you. You missed out on a 9 yr bull run in the U.S stock markets and global markets from 2009 onwards. Easiest money Ive ever made. I disclose that I sold everything in Jan this yr

We can argue about me getting out before, or getting in after, or where do you want to start? 

20 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

I know a fellow who invests in the negative.   

He invested in companies that were focusing on dealing with the Y2K event.   He was  very disappointed when the entire world was not fractured because of  the ruse of the whole Y2k thing.   I told him at the time that he was sick to wish the world suffered so he could gain a few dollars.

He next went after oil stocks and hoped the price of gasoline  would reach incredible levels.     In the meantime,   he bought a Prius and  hoped gas prices in the USA would reach 20 USD a gallon.   That doesn't  talk about the prices in much  of the rest of the world which mostly are far higher.

Then he went for gold and hoped the economy's of the world would collapse and his    gold coins would have incredible value.    He was convinced gold would actually be "cheap" at $20,000 an ounce.  Needless to say I disagree.

Then  he told me he hoped to figure out how he could profit from hurricanes in one year  where it was  expected or predicted to be  unusual hurricane activity on the USA Eastern coast.

Different people have different ideas about investing.

I don't think I could feel good about investing with hopes for the negative.

Archived