An open request.

overherebc

I live on the beach there....never seen it....nor ever come accross it when I drive up to the town along the different estates.

Good bit from time to time on the beach though, but not easy I guess to keep that clean all the time, the amount that comes in from the sea.

Nothing beats the aroma of burning plastic bags, oh heaven of an evening! We get it every day here in Chiang Mai, our village has stopped burning and introduced the "Bin Man" but just across the river next to a huge temple, they burn shed loads of rubbish every evening and when the wind is in the wrong direction, we get treated to a wonderful acrid pungent perfume. Enough to bring tears to your eyes (literally).

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I live on the beach there....never seen it....nor ever come accross it when I drive up to the town along the different estates.

Good bit from time to time on the beach though, but not easy I guess to keep that clean all the time, the amount that comes in from the sea.

I reckon that 90% of the time the wind blows from beach to inland. It's almost a daily thing to get at sometime the delightful aroma of burning from old leaves mixed with plastic and polystyrene inland a bit.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I've seen black plastic bags full of household rubbish dumped over walls at/on the beach.

When it's 10 metres to the blue bin out front and 5 metres to your beach from the back door the answer is so obvious, isn't it?

Our house rubbish is collected 3 or 4 times a week by the council but we have a small resort about 800m away which is serviced by a different council who collect the rubbish every couple of weeks so the people in that area burn their rubbish. 

1 hour ago, Gregster said:

Welcome to Thailand. 

Good luck trying to change their culture. 

Just a 'nuetral' opinion......... "There are THORNS on the roses"............

Sometime there will be a little pain accompanied with the pleasure.........

I spend a lot of time in Ban Chang and keep an apartment in the town area........

I haven't noticed much smoke or smell, But my personal 'bitch' (complaint) is all the biker groups with their 'deafening' Harlies that love to come there and display their 'un-politeness' while apparently and mistakingly thinking they are showing off the 'Manliness' and they obviously feel there is strength in numbers................

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

I haven't noticed much smoke or smell, But my personal 'bitch' (complaint) is all the biker groups with their 'deafening' Harlies that love to come there and display their 'un-politeness' while apparently and mistakingly thinking they are showing off the 'Manliness' and they obviously feel there is strength in numbers................

Yes same problem here, the tv show sons of anarchy has a lot to answer for.

Stop wasting your time and energy, because it will never happen, you might as well ask the sun never to come up again in the morning. Thai people just love to burn stuff, and preferable slowly and with as much smoke as possible.

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Stop wasting your time and energy, because it will never happen, you might as well ask the sun never to come up again in the morning. Thai people just love to burn stuff, and preferable slowly and with as much smoke as possible.

Yep, simple things amuse simple minds.

4 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Why not write to them in Thai........

This a perfect example of what happens when 'the only effort' you put into something is a one line or 5 words reply........ One can read it many ways when just a few words are said....... Yes and NO are the only short sentences that will normally be understood by all of us......... 

That is why I normally take the time to write more explicitly and more than a one liner EXCEPY for occasions where I do write a one-liner to reply to "one-liners"

Now.... the next hurdle is..........'Can he write to 'THEM' in Thai...........

18 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

This a perfect example of what happens when 'the only effort' you put into something is a one line or 5 words reply........ One can read it many ways when just a few words are said....... Yes and NO are the only short sentences that will normally be understood by all of us......... 

That is why I normally take the time to write more explicitly and more than a one liner EXCEPY for occasions where I do write a one-liner to reply to "one-liners"

Now.... the next hurdle is..........'Can he write to 'THEM' in Thai...........

I probably could, with the help of my wife, but the biggest problem would be a lot of the locals would have the same problem reading Thai as they would have with English.

42 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I probably could, with the help of my wife, but the biggest problem would be a lot of the locals would have the same problem reading Thai as they would have with English.

Let's face it........... They would probably not want to read Thai or English................

And would prefer NOT BE ASKED to cease something that they and their grandparents have done since long before 'The White Man' (Farangs) came along.............

They aren't ready for the modern world............ They don't understand 'IT' (the Modern World)

In my time around Ban Chang I have had it pointed out to me that it is some of the 'Cheapest Real Estate' in all Thailand....... And a reason given was all the Polution created by the Refineries and Factories in Maup Ta Phut...... just nearby......  Nobody wants to live in that Pollution........

36 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Let's face it........... They would probably not want to read Thai or English................

And would prefer NOT BE ASKED to cease something that they and their grandparents have done since long before 'The White Man' (Farangs) came along.............

They aren't ready for the modern world............ They don't understand 'IT' (the Modern World)

In my time around Ban Chang I have had it pointed out to me that it is some of the 'Cheapest Real Estate' in all Thailand....... And a reason given was all the Polution created by the Refineries and Factories in Maup Ta Phut...... just nearby......  Nobody wants to live in that Pollution........

In general the crap from maptaphut reaches BC on a few days of the year.

The prevailing winds are from the south west, that means they are going north east. Rayong gets most of it.

Quick question to those who answer a post with the 'sad' emoticon and no words.

What are they trying to convey?

Do they agree it's a sad situation or are they saying they don't agree and it makes them sad?

Or do they have nothing to contribute to a thread but feel they have to post something.

I can imagine they might answer with another emoticon and no explanation.

7 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I agree nothing will change, unfortunately some places have no trash service.  My wife's house up in isaan has no trash service. They have no choice but to burn their waste.  Glass, plastic is all saved and a guy comes around and picks that up and pays a small amount. 

When we go there the smoke from them burning fires to keep bugs away, clearing their land and burning their trash with that sicking sweet smell just makes me want to vomit. 

7 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

The real estate in Phla is very, very...very far from cheapest land in Thailand and prices are escalating rapidly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Once again what started as sitting in the garden having a beer, feeding the dogs and just relaxing has been screwed up by just jumped out the trees and tails fell off dense stupid uncaring unthoughtful people whose minds are so tiny they think, if thinking is possible for them, that the only way to get rid of rubbish is by burning and the strange thing is they aren't Thai. They're not from Laos or Cambodia either. In fact they're not even Asian.

On 04/04/2018 at 9:06 PM, sawadeeken said:

Somebody pulling your leg or you misunderstood, real estate in Banchang is some of the most expensive around!!

11 hours ago, LennyW said:
  On 4/4/2018 at 7:06 AM, sawadeeken said:

11 hours ago, LennyW said:

Somebody pulling your leg or you misunderstood, real estate in Banchang is some of the most expensive around!!

I don't know how you figure that, or how you calculate???????

I rented a fairly large 2 story 2 bedroom 2 bathroom house there for 5,000 baht per month....... And I've known a few Thais from Bangkok who have bought there because it is 'Cheaper' to own a place closer to the beach....... and the prices are blamed on the 'pollution nearby...............

Archived