Prayuth Blasts Abhisit's Refusal To Support Him As PM

snoop1130

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JOC said:

Clearly The Great Savior has completely lost it!!

And it is getting worse by the minute......The mascot doll....The Shins......Claiming to fight corruption....The spying on journalists on social media....

Claiming people who want free elections are causing confusion...

And all this today.....

Wonder if all this was started by an innocent picture of Yingluck and Mr. T....?

If he continue like this Thaitanic is headed for disaster....!!

More like the Kursk!!

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

He said they can vote for the man-child if they want but can no longer be members of the party. There's a difference.

Why you choose to not understand? I was refering in a sarcastic way to the words from Mr P., that told another leader of a party to watch out and be careful of the choice of words.

10 hours ago, JAG said:

I do wonder what his reaction will be when (if) there is an election and he is rejected...

I suspect that it will be very messy.

Oh, that's a simple question to answer.  He will simply have his General buddies stage another coup and re-install him as PM.  This time with the title "For Life" after the term "PM"

10 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Khun Prayuth has stated he will not run for PM next year,

Believe it or not 

He also stated he wouldn't become PM right after the coup. You know, the coup that he promised wouldn't happen.

For what it's worth, among the middle class Bangkok I know there's a very strong view that Prayuth will emerge as a non elected PM.There's a mix of those who want that outcome and those who don't particularly but think it's inevitable.

My own feeling is that it depends whether the Democrat Party can hold reasonably firm by fending off splits, resisting Suthep's influence and presenting a relatively credible leadership.Over and above this given the sheer numbers in Isaan and the North ( which despite all efforts remain strongly pro Thaksin) not to mention the built in appointment of military stooges and goons, it's hard to avoid the thought that elections wont return the country to some kind of peaceful state.

Overall I'm very pessimistic and rather dreading the future.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Oh, that's a simple question to answer.  He will simply have his General buddies stage another coup and re-install him as PM.  This time with the title "For Life" after the term "PM"

The trouble is, that having gone to the trouble of staging another coup, said buddy will quite possibly rather fancy the job himself, along with another Orwellian titled puppet theatre including the words national, peace, harmony, council, reform and people in it's title. We can look forward to another constitution, transition period, grand nationalistic project to spend the cash on, and another twenty year plan.

Still, I suppose it will keep old Meechai and his gang out of the bars...

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever then that he is in the running then. If that isn't a hat being thrown in the ring, I don't know what is.

I wonder how many more people will get threatened before the whole debacle is over?

It surprises me a bit he did not use the words of Army chief General Chalermchai Sittisart: “Eventually, somebody will take care of them backstage anyway."

Prayut owns Ahbisit. Biggest mistake Ahbisit make by by accepting the military backroom deal to become PM. Now he is completely under the servitude of the military and will have to dance to their beat. He can make some noise but he will fold after the election. Too much baggage.  

9 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Sadly, it would have made no difference.   Two thousand other generals with boundless love of country stand ready to take his place, demanding nothing in return.

Too true...

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

For what it's worth, among the middle class Bangkok I know there's a very strong view that Prayuth will emerge as a non elected PM.There's a mix of those who want that outcome and those who don't particularly but think it's inevitable.

My own feeling is that it depends whether the Democrat Party can hold reasonably firm by fending off splits, resisting Suthep's influence and presenting a relatively credible leadership.Over and above this given the sheer numbers in Isaan and the North ( which despite all efforts remain strongly pro Thaksin) not to mention the built in appointment of military stooges and goons, it's hard to avoid the thought that elections wont return the country to some kind of peaceful state. 

Overall I'm very pessimistic and rather dreading the future.

It seems that some Thai people share your view that it may not be peacefull after elections. 

I recently facilitated a workshop in an MBA class in a yellow university. One exercise was to do a SWOT analysis of a fictionous business in Thailand. The participants were mainly Thai, educated, with a few years of experience, and their families were probably rather well connected.

Interestingly enough, among the threats generated by the environment, they cited political instability during the next five years as a main factor. I think it is an interesting indicator as the participants are rather well informed and for most of them rather on the yellow side.

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Prayut owns Ahbisit. Biggest mistake Ahbisit make by by accepting the military backroom deal to become PM. Now he is completely under the servitude of the military and will have to dance to their beat. He can make some noise but he will fold after the election. Too much baggage.  

Some people might think this was his most terrible mistake.

abhisit-whistle-suthep.jpg

13 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Speaking to reporters today, Prayuth suggested Abhisit’s blunt instruction is disrespectful, and that he might change his mind after general elections slated for 2019.

Why is Abhisit not in the 'attitude adjustment' centre right now?

13 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Khun Prayuth has stated he will not run for PM next year,

Believe it or not 

According to the news this morning he is prepared to stay on indefinitely (outside elected PM) Taste of power and wants to keep it!

And this is the man who was not legitimately elected, lecturing the man who was. A junta ruler, lecturing a smart, former PM, who got there by the consent of the people. Imagine that? 

This little man has absolutely nothing to say, nothing to offer, and nothing to do. He is as useless as they come. Get out. Get out. You are not wanted. Leave now!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This little man has absolutely nothing to say, nothing to offer, and nothing to do. He is as useless as they come. Get out. Get out. You are not wanted. Leave now!

I agree, but haven't I seen this paragraph somewhere before?

Oh look!  Another gaily colourd jacket from the on again, off again liar-in-chief!

The jewelry and limp wristed gesture remind me of that old stage queen, Larry Grayson in the UK.

They should introduce mandatory psychometric testing for wannabe candidates to weed out the potential despots.

The silly little general would be committed in no time at all.......to a psych ward!

Archived