Video: Road rage nutter jumps on a car and kicks the windscreen in

webfact

1 minute ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

A friend of mine recently purchased a Suzuki swift nanual. He joked how when he overtakes the Thais driving their big diesel puck ups up the mountains they get angry with him. They are just pathetic!

Reminds me of playing in the sand box with mates and toy cars. 

Circa: 5 years old.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running amok is a very Asian cultural thing and gave us the word in English. It exists in Thai language -lamok?  And from Viking English the word berserk. Same idea.  The action in Thailand is a result of build up of frustrations and repressed emotions.  The trigger can be something not related to the previous chain of humiliations, repressed anger, frustrations and disenpowering situations.. The current political situation has led to an increase in such incidents. 

There is little consequence for such criminal behavior, even if the people in uniform get involved. A wai and a paltry fine is all that may result based on reported, previous incidents. 

Arrest, trial, 6 months in jail, suspended license, car confiscation, and a helty fine for those found guilty. I won't hold my breath on any change soon.

I drive in Thailand everyday and am grateful that I have moved past such juvenile and criminal behaviors.

Same as my son but not like that

Take the phone away because he is been on it too long playing a game

He is six

He starts crying and mother in law babies him. I tell.her don't do that he will never learn. Thai mothers are the worst for spoiling a child. I tell the boy to man up and stop acting like a baby.

I totally agree with the poster who indicated the main problem is that Thais are stressed out.  The traffic is horrid; takes forever to get anywhere.  The cost of living has continued to rise while salaries stagnate.  People who work do not get enough sleep and many have turned to drugs to stay awake.

There is no real way to release some of the stress and so many people are really pissed off at the Government; their lives and the hopelessness of it all. It's the same reason Donald Trump was elected President in America, but in Thailand there is no way to blow off the steam except in violent  outbursts when they lose control.

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Agreed but also fine the Honda driver for using the 'hard shoulder' preventing any emergency vehicles access to accidents etc.  It's common here to use the hard shoulder when the road is 'full'!  No excuse for the pick up driver's actions though.

The pickup driver probably forced him on to the shoulder or the car driver would have just passed him on the left and gotten away

19 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post containing an undecipherable term has been removed. 

555 That have to be me:)

Well, after consideration the choose of my word (one word) was maybe not exotic. However, the content was true;).

It did nevertheless step on some peoples toes, therefore deleted. Mai pen rai

33 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Never heard of Thai men arming themselves.   Or hunting in packs.   Or attacking women.   Or.......

Reining these thugs in could be a good use of Article 44. Unfortunately, those powers seem reserved for silencing political opponents and discourse instead of creating a civil society. 

Thailand 4.0. Welcome to the future!!! 

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

No excuse for that at all Jail him for minimum one year 

I can't agree. Criminal damage compensation and 3 months maximum inside is the sentence of Judge baboon. 

6 hours ago, MrJohnson said:

I wasn't talking about the road toll. I was referring to the road rage..The road death toll speaks for itself but look around and you will see road rage on the increase in many countries, not just here in Thailand.

Impossible to convince the "Thaibasher member club" of anything.

Of course, the road death toll is horrible and indisputable, but for some other subjects, Thailand is nothing compared to this inferno of their daily obsession. It is far far from being the majority of the members.  Fortunately, many members are vaccinated against this perpetual negative vision.

Since this thread is about road rage Thailand is far from being a champion. Suffice to look hundreds of Youtube videos, for instance, it seems to be a national sport appreciated by many Russian drivers, but here on TV whatever the subject those pathologically obsessed members came back with their "every Thai man", "every Thai woman", "every Thai driver" the accident of the Red Bull heir killing a policeman. "the police-farce" the murder of a couple of tourists on KohTao beach .... they are not tired of rehashing the same stories dozen, sorry hudred of times, congratulating and rewarding each other with dozen of like. Pathetic or ludicrous I don't know:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=road+rage+in+usa+2018

I think if some moron jumped onto my car and started kicking the windscreen I would have either accelerated very hard so he went over the roof and landed on his miniscule brain......or accelerated to a reasonable speed like 40 kph and hit the brakes really hard so he kept moving forward at 40 kph and then landed on his ass-ets. 555

To me it is like the video of the elephant banging into a car and the people just sat there, and then he sat on the hood and probably did a lot of damage, and then they backed up. Why didn't they do something earlier? Bizarre.

42 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I think if some moron jumped onto my car and started kicking the windscreen I would have either accelerated very hard so he went over the roof and landed on his miniscule brain......or accelerated to a reasonable speed like 40 kph and hit the brakes really hard so he kept moving forward at 40 kph and then landed on his ass-ets. 555

To me it is like the video of the elephant banging into a car and the people just sat there, and then he sat on the hood and probably did a lot of damage, and then they backed up. Why didn't they do something earlier? Bizarre.

Have you ever seen a Thai persons responce time.

Archived