“Do you want a fight?” Drunk foreigner harassing locals in Hua Hin escapes arrest

“Do you want a fight?” Drunk foreigner harassing locals in Hua Hin escapes arrest

hh.png

An English speaking foreign man was lucky not to spend a night in the cells after acting aggressively towards paramedics, police and locals in Hua Hin.

The man was caught on camera threatening people close in the Soi Bintabaht area of Hua Hin on Tuesday.

The incident took place when a friend of the man, who appeared to be in wheelchair, was involved in an collision with a motorcycle.

While his friend was receiving treatment, the unidentified man could be seen grabbing a paramedic by the collar and generally making a nuisance of himself.

He then asked onlookers “do you want a fight with me?” 

“I'll kick your arse”, he said raising his fists.

Bizarrely the man could then be seen removing his sandals before goading others, who only minutes earlier had been trying to assist his injured friend.

That was enough for a police officer to step in and have a word with the foreigner, who in another clip could be seen giving an apologetic wai to the policeman.

The footage of the clip was uploaded to Facebook. People commenting criticised the man’s actions.

One comment read: “If he’d have behaved like that in his own country he would be put in jail”.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-04

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept!

And people wonder why i'm anti social , keep myself to myself and generally avoid Felang/Tourist nightspots...

Thank Christ I live in the Boondocks...

Cant be that much of a recluse if you have a guzzi.  I had to sell my 1985 le mans when i moved to los, breaks my heart.

7 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

555. what the hell is he doing. as shown the thais are generally very nice tolerant people despite what some say. personally i think he deserved a night in the cells and a slap

Why? He has not assaulted anyone. Or do you support police brutality?

6 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Cant be that much of a recluse if you have a guzzi.  I had to sell my 1985 le mans when i moved to los, breaks my heart.

No, but I rarely drink in public and try to avoid bars full of people, especially Felangs.

I also do not suffer fools gladly.

Nice quite bar, few people - ok.

Thai patron only type music pubs with nice wood features and a decent band I enjoy more these days.

15 years living here, and I just can't be doing with yer typical Felang shop house bar, football shirts on the walls, tv blaring sports or news, and selling all of their home country comfort foods like, er pie & chips.....

And moaning about the weather, the food, their wives nada yada bada da bing.

No thanx...

--------

The Guzzi has been off the road nearly 2 years, nothing major, but been riding my Triumph instead thanx.

This is a textbook example of how onlookers, police and emergency personnel in Thailand are able to ignore drunk people who behave in an appalling manner. All credit to them.

What this video makes me feel though, is sad - because I know this ignorant man will eventually run out of luck. Hopefully, he is able to change before that happens.

Ah Gawd..yet another shaven headed Caucasian creep.

If nothing else they are a blight on any form of aesthetic sensibilities,anywhere.

Who instructs Caucasians to shave their head-let alone get their trashy tattoos?

Ugly is as ugly does.

22 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, but I rarely drink in public and try to avoid bars full of people, especially Felangs.

I also do not suffer fools gladly.

Nice quite bar, few people - ok.

Thai patron only type music pubs with nice wood features and a decent band I enjoy more these days.

15 years living here, and I just can't be doing with yer typical Felang shop house bar, football shirts on the walls, tv blaring sports or news, and selling all of their home country comfort foods like, er pie & chips.....

And moaning about the weather, the food, their wives nada yada bada da bing.

No thanx...

--------

The Guzzi has been off the road nearly 2 years, nothing major, but been riding my Triumph instead thanx.

I don't like crowds/groups vying for something to say but, i think you will fail if you dont make an effort to integrate with your piers. The expat community is a great leveller and many good people out there.

14 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah Gawd..yet another shaven headed Caucasian creep.

If nothing else they are a blight on any form of aesthetic sensibilities,anywhere.

Who instructs Caucasians to shave their head-let alone get their trashy tattoos?

Just curious what race would you find it acceptable to have shaved heads?

51 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Why? He has not assaulted anyone. Or do you support police brutality?

drunken disorderly, public niusance, being a general asshat. all good reasons for a night in the drunk tank

29 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

Probably a decent guy when he is not abusing alcohol ... sad and embarrassing behavior 

What possible evidence do you have for saying that?  or just 'hope'. He's a disgrace and one night in the cells would teach him a valuable lesson.  Why should other people be frightened and intimidated?

4 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

drunken disorderly, public niusance, being a general asshat. all good reasons for a night in the drunk tank

You need to take a rain check on what goes on.    We are all guests in this fine country and  raucous support to throw farangs into the fire is to me, utter stupidity and one of the main reasons we will always fail in Thailand.

14 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

You need to take a rain check on what goes on.    We are all guests in this fine country and  raucous support to throw farangs into the fire is to me, utter stupidity and one of the main reasons we will always fail in Thailand.

im not advocating anything either way. If he was let go, power to him. if arrested, i believe that too would have been justified. Just reacting to the post claiming no crime if no assault.

im not one of those folk who believe the actions of other foreigners affect my experience or the way i am perceived here so i am not threatened or overly concerned enough by the actions of a single fool to have strong feelings about incidents like this.

Archived