Honda PCX Hybrid

Manitou

At the Bangkok Motor show, the sales guy said the pcx hybrid may come to Bangkok in June.  I asked about the all electric version and he said he didn't think so.  Just rumors at this point.  My old bike was a 2013 Zero DS.. so I'm into electric bikes. (and cars for that matter)

What's the point of that? My old 1gen pcx 150 goes over 36km/l 2up City scootering.
I can understand cars are hybrid but a wee little 150cc scooter, no.
So I use fuel for around 100-200 baht per week depending on usage, can't see I can save a lot on my fuel bills. If it cost say 10k more than standard pcx and I can save 1000 baht per year on fuel, I have to keep the scooter 10 years to get even, hmmm

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

environmental concerns maybe?

Been noticing smog of late.

... would like to see the mechanics on how these work.

like a super starter-motor. ?

maybe rear hub motor?

Still 155cc?

Theoretically gas + elec could accelerate like mad.

A few mods:

Burn-out baby ! Wheelie !

Maybe pa should check onweb... .

If it turns a 15hp scooter into a 20 hp scooter for short bursts of say 60kph to 80 kph for passing in traffioc or even a 80-100 extra shove then OK I can see it. 

So not for saving the planet but for added fun then OK. 5hp is about 10kg of battery. 

But still all the energy needed to move the scooter comes from the internal combustion engine so I can't see any savings per say. 

I suspect if it comes to fruition it will be used for off-the-line acceleration in traffic from say 0-10 kph using the existing stater motor, which won't interest me at all. Even "idle-stop" doesn't work very well in Bangkok traffic and they had to add a lower operating limit for the system as it can't charge the existing battery enough for it to work seamlessly 

I'll pass.

12 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

What's the point of that? My old 1gen pcx 150 goes over 36km/l 2up City scootering.
I can understand cars are hybrid but a wee little 150cc scooter, no.
So I use fuel for around 100-200 baht per week depending on usage, can't see I can save a lot on my fuel bills. If it cost say 10k more than standard pcx and I can save 1000 baht per year on fuel, I have to keep the scooter 10 years to get even, hmmm

Drive samo time PCX but never get like a 36km per litre. Mmm... And not all drive per week 100-200 bath:))) not all sit only at home and go near seven for few beer...just in case:)

Drive samo time PCX but never get like a 36km per litre. Mmm... And not all drive per week 100-200 bath:))) not all sit only at home and go near seven for few beer...just in case:)
Well I am a family man so limited time to scooter around and no, no beers from 7/11 either, I got better things to do.
I calculate my fuel consumption just for fun and I almost always ends at around 36 km/l.
How much do you manage?

Personally, any electric or hybrid gets my vote regardless of fuel consumption.  I prefer plugin hybrids or full electric though.  The smog in Bangkok can be very bad.  Not to mention what we might be doing to the earth as a whole (I say “might”, because who really knows what the earth can bounce back from).

On 06.04.2018 at 3:33 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I am a family man so limited time to scooter around and no, no beers from 7/11 either, I got better things to do.
I calculate my fuel consumption just for fun and I almost always ends at around 36 km/l.
How much do you manage?

Computer calculated... Not me. So its be every time near 4 litres per 100km.

I do not get you. You family man..Soo? Your wife do not accept you drive scooter? :)))

3 hours ago, ardokano said:

Computer calculated... Not me. So its be every time near 4 litres per 100km.

I do not get you. You family man..Soo? Your wife do not accept you drive scooter? :)))

If you have a PCX 150 and it really uses 4 litres per 100km on average your motorbike has a problem, because that's just too much

When going full throttle for 100kms straight (yes, i sometimes do this on the highway) i come to close to 4 litres per 100km, but don't reach it.

When driving "normally" i'm in the range of 2.6 to 2.8 litres per 100km

I hope I live long enuf to buy a hybrid or electric motorcycle.

Laugh ?  Look at Pikes Peak records -

2017 KTM Super Duke 1290 R 9:49:625

2013 Lightning Motorcycle LS-218 electric Superbike 10:00.694

11 seconds difference.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

If you have a PCX 150 and it really uses 4 litres per 100km on average your motorbike has a problem, because that's just too much

When going full throttle for 100kms straight (yes, i sometimes do this on the highway) i come to close to 4 litres per 100km, but don't reach it.

When driving "normally" i'm in the range of 2.6 to 2.8 litres per 100km

I not have now PCX. But its not only one PCX. Its many and all same. If you on  stable 100 had 4 liters per 100km. Its maybe scooter have problem. Because its normally near 3.5 or less. When I ride normally its be near 4, but sure not less 3 liters. Less 3 liter its must to slow acceleration and speed.:)))

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2018 at 3:33 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

How much do you manage?

Low 20's usually..... 

On 4/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, ardokano said:

I not have now PCX. But its not only one PCX. Its many and all same. If you on  stable 100 had 4 liters per 100km. Its maybe scooter have problem. Because its normally near 3.5 or less. When I ride normally its be near 4, but sure not less 3 liters. Less 3 liter its must to slow acceleration and speed.:)))

Some people ride like grandma going to market..... 

Others ride it like they stole it

That makes all the difference.... 

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

Some people ride like grandma going to market..... 

Others ride it like they stole it

That makes all the difference.... 

When the traffic light turns green i give full throttle, and if the traffic situation allows it it's also usually full throttle, about every 130km i buy gas for 100THB which results in the 2.6 litre per 100km (or 38km/l) as i said before already, and it's just impossible (full throttle on the highway without ever slowing down and i don't reach it) to reach a higher usage than 4 litre per 100km (25km/l).

So if you really have low 20 per litre while driving in normal traffic conditions and not just straight on the highway something is wrong with your bike, that's just way too much.

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

When the traffic light turns green i give full throttle, and if the traffic situation allows it it's also usually full throttle, about every 130km i buy gas for 100THB which results in the 2.6 litre per 100km (or 38km/l) as i said before already, and it's just impossible (full throttle on the highway without ever slowing down and i don't reach it) to reach a higher usage than 4 litre per 100km (25km/l).

So if you really have low 20 per litre while driving in normal traffic conditions and not just straight on the highway something is wrong with your bike, that's just way too much.

It isn't if you ride the way I do.... 

When I get off the bike you could burn your hands on the tyres

If I can get double the milage riding it purposely slowly so it isn't the bikes fault

On 4/5/2018 at 1:41 AM, papa al said:

environmental concerns maybe?

Been noticing smog of late.

... would like to see the mechanics on how these work.

like a super starter-motor. ?

maybe rear hub motor?

Still 155cc?

Theoretically gas + elec could accelerate like mad.

A few mods:

Burn-out baby ! Wheelie !

Maybe pa should check onweb... .

environmental concerns my arse..political bullshit from your man Al Gore.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:25 PM, jackdd said:

You men some wrong with all bike? Because never happened less 3l/km ?

• 9 months later...

Last week I saw the full electric in the Honda Safety Riding Park, they said to me that still not for sale but soon - don't know about the hybrid.

The full electric looked good, but... 70Km range (some days I ride more only in the city!), 70km/h max speed, and no storage under the seat (the two batteries get almost all the space)

On 7/7/2018 at 10:25 PM, jackdd said:

No, I have gotten it down to low twenties as well

It just depends whether your riding like a hooligan or grandma going to church......

1 hour ago, aremesal said:

Last week I saw the full electric in the Honda Safety Riding Park, they said to me that still not for sale but soon - don't know about the hybrid.

The full electric looked good, but... 70Km range (some days I ride more only in the city!), 70km/h max speed, and no storage under the seat (the two batteries get almost all the space)

Seems like an insta-fail in a country where environmental concerns are zero, fuel is cheap and scooters are used as a utility and space under seat important. 70km would not be enough for me, especially considering that the capacity will degrade to under 50km relatively quickly and real world riding never achieves the rated range... pass.

Seems like an insta-fail in a country where environmental concerns are zero, fuel is cheap and scooters are used as a utility and space under seat important. 70km would not be enough for me, especially considering that the capacity will degrade to under 50km relatively quickly and real world riding never achieves the rated range... pass.
I guees the majority of motorcycle rides goes to the next 7-11 and back and hardly more than 25km at once.
Other points are making sense.
Only with government rules to ban conventional engines from the city as in China electric motorbikes would get popular. But hey, TiT

Archived