Wireless Remote Extender For Ubc

Doisaketmoobaan

Does anyone know where to buy this item:http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F007%5F000%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1950

hopefully the link will go through.

It enables you to watch ubc in another room on other Tv's on only one box.

Is it available locally?

I had one but wife plugged it straight into outlet not into stepdown converter and zap!-R

http://www.ohobrain.com/view.asp?ID=WV806473

infrasender.jpg

I have two of these in my house. One is for connecting UBC in my bedroom to my office, one is for connecting the PSI Satelite system in my office to my bedroom. Works great. I bought the last one for 1500 baht at Central Electronics on Chiang Moi Rd, right side, just before the Military Bank at Soi 2 Chang Moi...That was 2 years ago. PSI sells them for 3,000 baht, installation and two-year servicing included.

The link above is to a website in Thailand which has them for 1250 baht...

UBC is a ripoff when it comes to having a UBC extension...Something like 11,000 deposit, plus 450 per month for each extension... :o

I believe you need two receivers to watch two channels.

At home we have simply taken a lead out from the UHF-out socket on the receiver and fed it into a signal amplifier which then feeds the house. The amplifier has four inputs, UBC, Satellite, DVD and standard TV and all can be watched in bedrooms, Living room, Dining room and even the Maids' rooms. (We have sockets throughout, just need to move a TV.)

Have to get out of bed to change channel downstairs though!

This was approved by UBC and costs nothing extra on a monthly basis. Simply had to pay them to run an extra cable to the signal amplifier.

Edited by p1p

Excuse my ignorance guys but does the box mentioned in this thread allow you to watch a different channel on one set than another?  I'm assuming it's the same channel, second TV.  Thanks

One channel= 1 UBC box...

The infrared thing basically would allow p1p to stay in bed :o

You can use your UBC remote control through the infrared sending/receiving units.

I also have 4 rooms connected by an extension off my UBC cable. My distances don't seem to require the need for a signal amplifier.

Edited by p1p

I have a box connected to a TV set and the sat dish,from there it feeds another TV down stairs but you can control the channel.from either set with the remote control, but only get 1 channel at a time from UBC. Cost 1500 baht.but pay 450 per month after purchase.

Does Toxin also own UBC?

Does Toxin also own UBC?

Yes, or maybe his housekeeper or driver is holding the shares. Some years ago, Thalsin's maid's name was officially listed among the wealthiest people in Thailand... :o

I installed a UBC infra red extension for the TV in my bedroom a while ago, and UBC did the installation, supplied the infra red reciever, and all necessary plugs and cables.....Total cost 1500 baht with no monthly charges. You actually buy the unit, and it remains your property, not that it's much good without a decoder :o

As per all the other criteria, you have to watch the same channel that has been selected on the decoder, but if going to bed with the main unit turned off, you still have full control by using your UBC remote....

I have a box connected to a TV set and the sat dish,from there it feeds another TV down stairs but you can control the channel.from either set with the remote control, but only get 1 channel at a time from UBC. Cost 1500 baht.but pay 450 per month after purchase.

KevinN, I would go and take UBC to task over the monthly rental on your extension. I quizzed them on the cost involved, and they said that there was no rental on the extension. I still pay the regular 1450 baht a month for UBC, and am in the prosess of hooking up another infra red extension in the guest room.

The infra red recievers are manufactured by many companies (UBC does not make their own) and can be purchased at Pantip Plaza, and may other electrical outlets.

If they argue the toss with you, tell 'em to take it back and plug in your own unit. You will cover the cost in three or four months :o

I installed a UBC infra red extension for the TV in my bedroom a while ago, and UBC did the installation, supplied the infra red reciever, and all necessary plugs and cables.....Total cost 1500 baht with no monthly charges. You actually buy the unit, and it remains your property....

And their standard 2,500 baht installation/service fee? :o

I installed a UBC infra red extension for the TV in my bedroom a while ago, and UBC did the installation, supplied the infra red reciever, and all necessary plugs and cables.....Total cost 1500 baht with no monthly charges. You actually buy the unit, and it remains your property....

No installation fee at all. A good friend of mine also had one installed, same price, and no monthly charges. He would certainly not pay 2000 baht a month, as he maintains that UBC is well overpriced already, and I'm inclined to agree.

No installation fee at all. A good friend of mine also had one installed, same price, and no monthly charges. He would certainly not pay 2000 baht a month, as he maintains that UBC is well overpriced already, and I'm inclined to agree.

So shocked to hear that they had dropped their standard 2500baht-if-we-come-to-your-house, I called UBC to confirm...

And, it's almost true. Currently, just a 500 baht installation fee, 1800 for the unit...

Actually, quite a good deal from UBC, for a change. It's a no brainer to install it yourself, but, just in case, an install from UBC will at least guarantee no hassles...

In fact, I just ordered another one from them a moment ago.... :D

-here is an end to a perfect story. Thanks to all. Yesterday we had ubc out to install the infrared receiver. I first installed it myself but couldnt get it to work so gave in and called ubc out. The unit was faulty

anyhow the unit cost 1800 baht and install was 500 baht. well worth it!!

Thanxs again to all :o -R