Road carnage: Now there are prizes for the best dash cam clips!

webfact

How many accidents will be caused by this, I saw the first breaking speed limits and illegal cross overs..... The motorcycles almost got run over by the person filming. I have never heard of such a bad idea that will cause more carnage (the flesh of slain animals or humans), Only in Thailand!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG - have they not realised that the prizes are bigger than the penalties............LOL........as many people duke it out to win the top prize I can already forecast that we are going to be in for some scintillating videos......wonderful, wonderful entertaining Thailand

only one word to describe the pick-up driver......nutter, the 2nd video the 2nd motorcyclist was the master of his own doom as he had plenty of time to see what was happening in front of him and the third......nutter.....I hope Thai Visa keep them rolling with the runners-up and all the other entrants

So the answer is to have a team of police watching Social Media video clips. Brilliant!

I hope it also shows up, but doubtless will be ignored, the money collection by the cops at the "check point" cash machines.

It might find a few offenders guilty, but it is no solution to the carnage.

Just another easy way out of making the police do the work they are employed to do.

:sad:

Most people have the cameras in their vehicles so they have evidence of the crashes

because hardly anyone in Thailand will take responsibility for their actions, and tell

the truth when they are in the wrong and cause an accident. I see many of my relatives

have front and especially a rear camera for the ones who text and run into them from

behind.  For most people, these cameras are not for our entertainment, but for their

protection.

Geezer

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oh God! Turning the whole thing into a competition for filming the best crashes? This is going to do nothing to quell the carnage, in fact it is more likely to encourage it.

Hopefully just a cynical (but understandable) comment?

22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

don't know if they will do any of that but these sample videos strengthen my desire to minimize driving in thailand

Agreed...but my avoidance of driving here didn't need any strengthening! Never have...and knew that from Day 1. :shock1:  Don't ever intend to either...

5 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Since the majority of cars do not have a dash cam, the drivers will be using their mobile to video other drivers, thus breaking the law and increasing the number of accidents. Another brilliant idea! 

My "?" Like wasn't laughing because you're wrong...it's because you're RIGHT! 

I remember in high school the police came and showed a film of horrific crashes. It was pretty gory. Sure made a impression on me.

Another time the police set up a safety information demonstration at a mall parking lot. One was kind of sled that at maybe 40 degree incline of maybe 20 feet. You got in and slid to a complete sudden stop at the bottom. It was quite jarring. It's purpose was show up that even at a slow speed the forces can be extreme.

Wouldn't be a idea to the same at the schools here.

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I remember in high school the police came and showed a film of horrific crashes. It was pretty gory. Sure made a impression on me.

Another time the police set up a safety information demonstration at a mall parking lot. One was kind of sled that at maybe 40 degree incline of maybe 20 feet. You got in and slid to a complete sudden stop at the bottom. It was quite jarring. It's purpose was show up that even at a slow speed the forces can be extreme.

Wouldn't be a idea to the same at the schools here.

Surely education is key and at a young age...but Thais have a different mindset than us, a totally different perspective. It's this totally irresponsible lack of appreciation and respect for life...any and all life...including their own, that needs changing. Have seen these types of horrific crashes and mangled, bloody dead bodies around since 2000. Zero impact, except for the "entertainment value". :post-4641-1156693976:

Archived