Facebook tips off Phayao officials about elderly ailing couple in need

webfact

Facebook tips off Phayao officials about elderly ailing couple in need

By The Nation

fb.jpg

FILE photo

The plight of an elderly disabled and ailing couple in Phayao came to light on Facebook this week, prompting district officials to offer urgent assistance on Thursday morning.

Joon district chief Thewa Panyaboon and chief public health officer Prasong Halue, along with local mayor Supachai Soonklang, visited cancer-stricken Boon Chaiysathan and her husband, Phet Wongwan, both 80.

Thewa said they have been living in great difficulty alone at their house in Ban Joon Phattana. They have no children and Boon is in the final stage of cholangiocarcinoma and bedridden.

Phet, who is unable to walk, struggles to take care of her.

He said the couple needed liquefied food for Boon and adult diapers, which the visitors purchased with government agency funds. They also gave them cash.

The district hospital will install an oxygen machine for Boon and municipal officials will take turns visiting and providing care as needed.

Boon has suffered from heart disease for 10 years and was diagnosed with cancer early this year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342521

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-05

Better help than I get here in the UK. I am bed ridden with terminal cancer, my Thai wife left me with our two children 3 months ago. All I got from local authorities is a bunch of kids coming to collect their minimum wage to, as one girl said "make coffee and chat for 10 minutes". She was here for 15 minutes out of the 30 she was allocated. Good luck to the couple hope they can find some pleasure until they depart.

Archived