One dead, one injured in Kalim motorcycle/van crash

webfact

One dead, one injured in Kalim motorcycle/van crash

The motorcyclist wasn't wearing a helmet

By The Thaiger & The Nation

S__12714648-1021x580.jpg

A crash between a van and a motorcycle in Kalim has resulted in one one casualty and another critically injured.

The accident occurred in front of Soi Phra Baramee 7 on Phra Baramee Road, Kalim yesterday. Police found the yellow plate van driver, Suthep Yoosuk, and a French man, Dault Julien Sebastian, who rode the motorcycle, and Lamprai Pako who sat behind him on the motorcycle.

The French man was critically injured and died later at Patong Hospital whilst the woman was injured.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/one-dead-one-injured-in-kalim-motorcycle-van-crash

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-05

6 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

If anyone has a video clip they could win a prize RIP French man.  

It's worth to read the article.

Sounds much like a careless van driver combined with the victim's bike standing on the middle of the road for a turn.

No helmet as usual.

I won't play the know-it-all to tell what a safer way is to turn with a bike.

Another sad end of a dream holiday.

Quote:  "...Suthep tried to overtake another motorcycle but missed it and hit the motorcycle with the pair causing it to lose control and crash into the green plate taxi which was coming from Kamala towards Patong..."

I may be wrong but I understand this to mean another vehicle driven by Suthep rammed the Frenchie and his friend and pushed them into the path of the oncoming van!

In all it is some terribly confusing reporting by The Thaiger!

On 4/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, Prairieboy said:

Quote:  "...Suthep tried to overtake another motorcycle but missed it and hit the motorcycle with the pair causing it to lose control and crash into the green plate taxi which was coming from Kamala towards Patong..."

I may be wrong but I understand this to mean another vehicle driven by Suthep rammed the Frenchie and his friend and pushed them into the path of the oncoming van!

In all it is some terribly confusing reporting by The Thaiger!

Not what I understood. The picture I get is that the Frenchman was stopped, probably on the yellow line trying to turn right. Suthep's van was passing a slow-moving motorcycle and had edged to the right and hit the Frenchman and knocked him into the path of the on-coming green-plated car, which looks like it was able to stop without hitting anything since it has no front-end damage. The green-plated car was just a witness.

While a helmet could only have helped, this time it's not clear to me that the Frenchman lives even if he has a helmet, depending on how fast that van was going.

10 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

The picture I get is that the Frenchman was stopped, probably on the yellow line trying to turn right.

Tut,tut,tut. Crossing a solid yellow line?  That is a no-no.  But hey he won't do it again. 

55 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

Not what I understood. The picture I get is that the Frenchman was stopped, probably on the yellow line trying to turn right. Suthep's van was passing a slow-moving motorcycle and had edged to the right and hit the Frenchman and knocked him into the path of the on-coming green-plated car, which looks like it was able to stop without hitting anything since it has no front-end damage. The green-plated car was just a witness.

While a helmet could only have helped, this time it's not clear to me that the Frenchman lives even if he has a helmet, depending on how fast that van was going.

The green plated car was involved: " crash into the green plate taxi which was coming from Kamala towards Patong. ".

44 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Tut,tut,tut. Crossing a solid yellow line?  That is a no-no.  But hey he won't do it again. 

What should he had done instead?Followed the solid yellow line 5km till Kamala and make there a u turn?

Always good to get advise from guys who have no plan what they talking about.

Archived