BANGKOK 22 March 2019 19:14
Sign in to follow this  
tom_a

Living In Chiang Rai

In Chiang Rai you might come for four days to see a girl you met somewhere else and build a house and stay for four years.

Really you might.

i really think you should spend a lazy holiday there first tom.

i dont think you should flip a coin so to speak to choose your place of retirement that way.

i think chang rai is great on many levels.

but i think for the people who love it, they stumbled upon it, came back again, and then just couldnt leave.

visit first, otherwise its kind of like acclimating to an arranged marriage i guess.

Chiangrai is the kind of place where in December if you want to bathe just before bed your bathroom might be around 20 deg. C so you want a good water heater for the shower.....if you get up at night to pee it might only be 14 deg. C inside the house.

Chiangrai is the kind of place where in December if you want to bathe just before bed your bathroom might be around 20 deg. C so you want a good water heater for the shower.....if you get up at night to pee it might only be 14 deg. C inside the house.

Whahaha, yes, Chiang Rai is the place where you need Eskimo clothes on the motorbike in the evening and at night...and where you can wear summer clothes during the day time...oh god, I miss summer!

Chiangrai is the kind of place where the people know everything that is edible which includes many kinds of bugs......and animal after birth.....and live crabs....and lots of internal organs too!!!....and raw meat either fermented or plain.

Chiang Rai is a place where people not only eat all of the above mentioned but persuade visitors to try them too.

Some of the visitors even survive the experience.

Chiangrai is the kind of place where small children toddle around the yard without diapers...they poop wherever it happens which is not a problem as the dogs eat it. Polite dogs knows that the poop must have reached the ground before beginning to eat it...it they start to eat it before it hits the ground they are liable to get a good thumping from the child's mother.

Edited by chownah

Sorry. House already gone. All furniture, appliances, etc. gone.

Moved to the south. Started a new chapter already...

Best of luck.

I would love to hear about that too as I am interested. I am just about to make the move. I have a house to take care of. Coming over next year for six months to look things over etc.

skcop51

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it (the moderators here can be a little too 'ambitious' sometimes...)

read some of your replies to people, are you ok...I mean you know?

In Chiangrai if you buy the straw from your neighbor's rice crop and delay too long in hauling it home then someone else might just take some of it....or burn it for fun.

Really they might!!

There is a new information website about Chiang Rai. It is called Pheon Group. (just google and you find it)

This is the 3rd time you have touted these people. First was Pheon homes, now the "Group" .. where they seem to be selling tours and spa services ..

.. and 2 pages about C'rai plus a link to Wikipedia. Not what I would call an " .. information website .."

Are you associated with this "Group"? Friends with the owner?

There is a new information website about Chiang Rai. It is called Pheon Group. (just google and you find it)

This is the 3rd time you have touted these people. First was Pheon homes, now the "Group" .. where they seem to be selling tours and spa services ..

.. and 2 pages about C'rai plus a link to Wikipedia. Not what I would call an " .. information website .."

At least there is a positive group of people here in Chiang Rai starting this not so long ago to promote Chiang Rai.

What's your problem? Are you checking on people? :D

I've been reading your posts....I must say: Can you be positive about anything???

You can help them instead of critisizing. Be positive, that would make life so much brighter. :o

:D Good luck! :D

Lilly

Edited by lilly79

Chiang Rai is the best kept secret to live and enjoy golf, bike riding, excercise, great restraurants with great service. A climate that is second to none and if you like gardening, this is the place for you. The people are absolutely nice, respectful and kind. I have been all over the world and Chiang Rai is the best place hands down.

:o Sorry, I was not aware that I was, and may be am, ruining your day.....I am just helping people who love Chiang Rai as much as I do. After all that why we all live in Chiang Rai, right? :D

Chiang Rai is the best kept secret to live and enjoy golf, bike riding, excercise, great restraurants with great service. A climate that is second to none and if you like gardening, this is the place for you. The people are absolutely nice, respectful and kind. I have been all over the world and Chiang Rai is the best place hands down.

Chiang Rai is nice, but where are all these restaurants? I found the pickings rather slim, but maybe I didn't know where to look.

At least there is a positive group of people here in Chiang Rai starting this not so long ago to promote Chiang Rai.

More likely to promote themselves.

What's your problem? Are you checking on people? :D

Well, "bah" right back at you.

I've been reading your posts....I must say: Can you be positive about anything???

Vietnamese egg rolls.

You can help them instead of critisizing. Be positive, that would make life so much brighter. :o

:D Good luck! :D

Lilly

Why would I want to help a group trying to promote a private commercial agenda .. especially when they go about it in such a backhanded manner?

Are you perchance part of, or associated with, the Pheon Group?