Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fab1958

We are being harassed by policemen in Kantaralak for money, what should we do?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

 

That's very possible.  A chanote is often handed over to loan sharks or other illegal credit providers as a form of collateral, although it is somewhat symbolic, if the creditor doesn't get a lien or other form of encumbrance registered on it at the Land Office.  At least it can signify that the deed is unencumbered and available for transfer without paying off another creditor.  You can report a title deed lost or stolen and have another issued but this is not something that many villagers would dare to do, particularly if the debt collectors are local police, who would know if a lost chanote report is filed in their precinct.  I have had experience of buying a piece of land which was hocked to a gold shop which held the deed as collateral without a registered lien.  Creditors might want to keep their activities below the radar by just holding the deed like this. 

 

Coming every day to collect cash wouldn't serve much purpose, if the debtor clearly has none, but if they hold the deed they would just need a copy of the wife's ID card, tabien baan and a power of attorney form on which her signature could be forged,  if necessary.  If the OP didn't make the foreign spouse declaration at the Land Office at the time of purchase, his spousal consent would not be required.  If he did, this could be handled with another POA form or the buyer could opt to take the risk of buying land without the seller spousal consent which they probably wouldn't mind, if they have muscle and guns.   Perhaps the in-laws keep telling them the documents are on the way from abroad. 

what ever there criminals that need to be handed over to BKK. They are involved in drugs and extortion game over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

 

 

 

Jesus, talk about an over-the-top-alarmist trying to connect other irrelevant cases and hearsay with this!

No he is just giving examples and trying to warn the OP not to be so trusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, siamcrut said:

I’m sure some TV members remember the murder of a whole family including their kids in Krabi province last year. They arrested the culprits this year and sentenced them to death. That was also a business dispute over some land and loan.
So be careful, it’s a jungle outside there...

That's right.  The victim had borrowed money from the mastermind, giving a title deed as collateral.  There was a lot of bad blood as the lender harassed the borrower to repay. Finally he got the money together and repaid the loan but the lender refused to return the deed.  The borrower then harassed him to return the deed resulting in the murder of himself and his family. 

 

What is clear in this case is that the OP has absolutely no idea what the dispute is about.  Thus advice about dealing with it by trying to involve higher authorities who are extremely to have no interest in the matter is not appropriate.  The first thing to do is to get hold of the title deed.  See if it is available and, if it is, whether any charges have been registered on it.  If it is available and unencumbered,  move your enquiries on to drugs and gambling and debts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They want money there criminals what do you think they want. There spastics no schooling. Soon to be unemployed 

" There spastics no schooling ".

Now there's a joke!  Did you write that yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dogmatix said:

That's right.  The victim had borrowed money from the mastermind, giving a title deed as collateral.  There was a lot of bad blood as the lender harassed the borrower to repay. Finally he got the money together and repaid the loan but the lender refused to return the deed.  The borrower then harassed him to return the deed resulting in the murder of himself and his family. 

 

What is clear in this case is that the OP has absolutely no idea what the dispute is about.  Thus advice about dealing with it by trying to involve higher authorities who are extremely to have no interest in the matter is not appropriate.  The first thing to do is to get hold of the title deed.  See if it is available and, if it is, whether any charges have been registered on it.  If it is available and unencumbered,  move your enquiries on to drugs and gambling and debts. 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimn said:

One case I know of. A Norweigen guy living in Norway with his Thai wife. Wife informs husband that there is some land for sale adjoining the family home in Khon Kean. As they were planning to return to live in Thailand at some stage the husband readily agreed and sent the money to the mother to buy the land in her name and build a house on the land. The Norwigen guy and his wife were unable to go back to Thailand for a while and in the meantime agreed that her sister and husband could live in the house until they were able to come to Thailand. Anyway the time came and they returned only to find that the new house had not been looked after by the sister and husband so they told them to move out. The sister refused because she said the house and the land was hers as the mother transferred it to her saying. He is a farang and you have nothing, he can build your sister another one. Neither the mother or the sister believe they have done anything wrong because all Farangs have big money. This is exactly the thinking in Issan so now nothing surprises me.

Norwegians are generally very nice and reasonable people. However their Achilles heel is their gullibility. They trust everybody and often, as a result, get taken to the cleaners by Thais.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Just Weird said:

" There spastics no schooling ".

Now there's a joke!  Did you write that yourself?

What has it to do with you son

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Media1 said:

What has it to do with you son

oh yes your the bloke that's been following me..No need we can meet real. Just tell me where ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

what ever there criminals that need to be handed over to BKK. They are involved in drugs and extortion game over

 

It's the OP's call but, since drugs and extortion are core businesses of the police and militar.y I wouldn't be so confident of this outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dogmatix said:

 

It's the OP's call but, since drugs and extortion are core businesses of the police and militar.y I wouldn't be so confident of this outcome.

ilegal everyday searches no warrants and not.all police . BKK has no choice because this will hit the news fast. 

Your right about there operations yes. But if it hurts there bigger picture they will sacrifice some low level clowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, siamcrut said:

I’m sure some TV members remember the murder of a whole family including their kids in Krabi province last year. They arrested the culprits this year and sentenced them to death. That was also a business dispute over some land and loan.
So be careful, it’s a jungle outside there...

please give it a rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Media1 said:

What has it to do with you son

A lot, pal.  You posted it on a public forum that we are both members of and hypocritically denigrated them as "unschooled spastics".  If you don't want replies to your comments on a forum, don't post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Media1 said:

oh yes your the bloke that's been following me..No need we can meet real. Just tell me where ok

Following you?  You should be so lucky.  Why would you want to meet me, tough guy?

 

If you insist, then The Game would suit me nicely, any time you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

A lot, pal.  You posted it on a public forum that we are both members of and hypocritically denigrated them as "unschooled spastics".  If you don't want replies to your comments on a forum, don't post!

please go harass somebody else. best you do l have no interest in you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

The Army control this country including the police. There are posters all over the countryside saying fight corruption by telephoning the Army’s Anti-Corruption Dept.

Contact them for assistance BUT just like everything else, expect to pay for the ‘service’

As your out of the country, I’d also consider that there may be more to this story (the visits) than meets the eye????

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Yeah actually your probably right. A faster result less complicated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...