Horrifying scenes as Russian woman slashes throat in Phuket 7-Eleven

rooster59

Horrifying scenes as Russian woman slashes throat in Phuket 7-Eleven

S__19349564.jpg

A Russian woman is in hospital in Phuket after slashing her throat in a branch of 7-Eleven.

The shocking incident happened on Friday at a 7-Eleven in Patong.

The woman, 41, reportedly entered the store on Friday where she bought a knife, then went to the back of the store started slashing her throat, local media reported.

In footage shared to social media, horrified staff can be heard pleading with the woman to stop.

Images from the scene show a large amount of blood on the shop floor.

Police and rescue workers were called and the woman was taken to Vachira Hospital in Phuket, where she was treated for her injuries.

The woman received treatment for more than 60 wounds to her neck, arms and abdomen.

While the woman is expected to make a full recovery from her physical injuries, doctors said she will be transferred to a hospital in Surat Thani on Monday to evaluate her mental health.

Source: Phuket 7 Days

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-07

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

60 stitches, not 60 wounds... But still needs to see a doctor of the head !!

Thanks for that Cornish. I was just reading from the OP but even I thought that was a bit excessive.

The woman received treatment for more than 60 wounds to her neck, arms and abdomen.

What ever happened to the old fashioned overdose?
Buy some heroin and go out at least on a high free of pain and a tidy corpse to clean up.
Easily available at a taxi driver near you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

Thanks for that Cornish. I was just reading from the OP but even I thought that was a bit excessive.

As they would tell you, she was asking for help, otherwise she would of committed hara-kiri, by slashing her throat, she wouldn't still be alive, just like when someone slashes their wrist. When they cut across their wrist they are asking for help, when they cut with the vein and are in the warm tub of water, that is suicide!

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Can't believe I just had to see that pic !! Not the sort of thing I need to see at breakfast time...

I would assume that your breakfast was the least of her concerns... but if you do think that her timing was particularly distasteful, why not try to send her a note and respectfully request that, for her next attempt, she choose some other time of day, between (your) meals.

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

Yup, I read it wrong not you... Geez that's a lot of cutting !!!!

1 minute ago, Yann55 said:

I would assume that your breakfast was the least of her concerns... but if you do think that her timing was particularly distasteful, why not try to send her a note and respectfully request that, for her next attempt, she choose some other time of day, between (your) meals.

I might just do that... Along with a note to you, to not take other peoples posts so seriously !!!

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Do any travel insurance policies cover suicide attempts?   Lets hope she has a very supportive family because she's going to need them.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say no to travel insurance from Russia covering attempted suicide. 

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

60 wounds means she was really serious. Hope she gets some real help.

I think actually it means she was NOT serious about killing herself, only about getting attention.  She deserves help and attention, but if she was "serious" about killing herself there would just be one wound and she would have done it alone.  

Archived