Horrifying scenes as Russian woman slashes throat in Phuket 7-Eleven

rooster59

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I might just do that... Along with a note to you, to not take other peoples posts so seriously !!!

I agree cc  maybe next time she decides to go public with an inner rage she does it between 7 and eleven.

Russian tourist recovering in hospital after cutting own throat

By The Nation

A Russian woman is recovering at a Phuket hospital after she slashed her own throat with a knife in a convenient store on Friday.

Oksana Feoktistova, 41, walked into a 7-Eleven shop on Rat-uthit Road in Tambon Patong in Krathu district with a knife in her hand at around 8:30am on Friday.

Staff in the shop tried in vain to prevent her from hurting herself. She inflicted a serious cut on her throat. The store staff called police and an ambulance took her to Patong Hospital. She was later transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Doctors have stitched the cut and declared her safe but the woman has so far declined to talk to police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342687

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-07

21 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

You think that’s funny do you? What if one of your family members did that & people made jokes about it. 

You know, some of us actually have family members without mental health problems.

3 hours ago, twizzian said:

A selfish act for all those around her that witnessed this horror & had to clean up her mess after.

Obviously, she was in the grip of some self destructive and probably couldn't rationalise this.

What a silly post!

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

For information. The hospital they sent her to in Surat Thani is a mental health facility. The real nutters from Phuket are taken there.

Then surely the sign outside is flashing NO Vacancy! :vampire:

36 minutes ago, Get Real said:

You know, some of us actually have family members without mental health problems.

36 minutes ago, Get Real said:

After reading so many of your posts, it could be suggested that you are the odd one out in your family then. 

19 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Obviously, she was in the grip of some self destructive and probably couldn't rationalise this.

What a silly post!

Agreed. Not as if she woke up this morning and thought- 'Now, how can I go ruin someone's day? I know, I'm so selfish, think I'll pop down to the local 7-11 and cut my throat.'

'seriously mentally ill' is the label I'd also apply well ahead of 'selfish'.

25 minutes ago, DipStick said:

After reading so many of your posts, it could be suggested that you are the odd one out in your family then. 

And that was relevant to this news topic in which kind of way? Also, are you a person classified to make a judgement about that?

6 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

That is the definition of selfishness - not thinking about other people.  She didn't think about them, so it's selfish.

When you are mentally ill, the brain isn't functioning like normal brains do, and the idea of something being selfish or wrong, or anything that we may think as normal, is just not there.

Normal thought processes or thought patterns do not apply to folks who have a mental illness, in the main.

Archived